Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 268 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
well if it's true, we have creepshow as our cult classic propety. so it seems to be kkfos and no creepshow, or creepshow and kkfos..

That’s kinda what I took from it too, unless they’re going to nix an original in favor of Creepshow/KKfOS

Reactions: hhnlover
I wish they could use Animal Actors too but I have no idea whether that’d be possible or not.

Used it at least one or two years for a street magic-type show. It's not very big, nowhere near FFL sized. But even then, finding a show that generates enough interest to fill it seems difficult.

Fair point. I have some foggy memory of the callouts being an issue when they did Rocky Horror, but I could be wrong.

Callbacks--or trying to prevent them--proved to be a huge issue. As did the sexual nature of the material. Given that RHPS seems to be on the pop culture downswing*, I doubt UOR shells out the money for it again, especially solely to "plus" AOV. They pay AOV $$ to come up with their own ideas.

* - With Cinemark moving into CityWalk, AFAIK the only venue left doing midnight shows in central Florida is in The Villages. You can't make this stuff up.

Reactions: Allison
Used it at least one or two years for a street magic-type show. It's not very big, nowhere near FFL sized. But even then, finding a show that generates enough interest to fill it seems difficult.

Callbacks--or trying to prevent them--proved to be a huge issue. As did the sexual nature of the material. Given that RHPS seems to be on the pop culture downswing*, I doubt UOR shells out the money for it again, especially solely to "plus" AOV. They pay AOV $$ to come up with their own ideas.

* - With Cinemark moving into CityWalk, AFAIK the only venue left doing midnight shows in central Florida is in The Villages. You can't make this stuff up.

I know @Legacy has mentioned the Beetlejuice musical before so hopefully that’ll find it’s way here eventually. I wish they could have a Clue style comedy murder mystery type thing or The Addams Family or something.

It’d be a help to have an extra show somewhere.

Reactions: SeventyOne
With the clearly family friendly tone the event is now taking, I think a Beetlejuice show would fit in perfectly.

(This is sarcasm)

Have you seen all the comments on speculation map 2 about how not scary all the properties are lmaoo

I call BS. If done properly, any idea would be scary when people jump out from boo holes in the dark.

My 11 year old scares me when he jumps at me out of a dark corner talking like Yoda when I come out of the bathroom.

But a Yoda Rest Room house doesn't sound very scary. Believe me, it is!

Last edited:
So this list is definitely correct?
Stranger Things
Ghostbusters
Universal Monsters
House of 1000 Corpses
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Nightingales: Blood Pit
Tooth Fairy based original
Depths of Fear
Yeti/Bigfoot original
Graveyard: Hide and Seek
(Maybe Creepshow)

Well it's not good to say definitely without it being definite...but yes, this is the "smart money" lineup...as of now.

Reactions: Kadath
Have you seen all the comments on speculation map 2 about how not scary all the properties are lmaoo

Lets be real, everyone wants to be right about HHN. Whether it's the properties, the fact it sucks now without B&T, the event going down hill, or the event becoming "too family friendly". People want to be right to confirm their biases.

Lets be real, everyone wants to be right about HHN. Whether it's the properties, the fact it sucks now without B&T, the event going down hill, or the event becoming "too family friendly". People want to be right to confirm their biases.

You're not wrong. But two of those concepts are literally based on comedies, while the Tooth Fairy sounds farcical on its face (the actual house can and very well may change my mind). Compare with years where there's debate on whether the dark comedy house is even dark comedy--e.g. Krampus.

Reactions: RevFreako