1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Discussion in 'Halloween Horror Nights 29' started by Brian G., Nov 4, 2018.

1. Oakley

Oakley Rookie

I'm not sure how to post a link so I will fix this once I know how to do the set up. But here's a link to when each announcement was released so we can roughly see the dates.
    Hallow'd Past: Halloween Horror Nights Announcement List

But yeah, I agree. We cant be for 100% certain on what's going to come up next. Just go with the flow.

2. BoSoxFan1022

BoSoxFan1022 Rookie

But this is a speculation forum right? We can speculate on it?

3. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

You've asked about announcements 3 times in the past week.

All I'm saying is ease up.

4. BoSoxFan1022

BoSoxFan1022 Rookie

Fair enough

5. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

As it seems this thread has a fair share of this - consider this your official last warning.

6. JTslash

JTslash Rookie

I think this will be an interesting year for the return of 3D. 2 potential properties for this is HO1C -as I’m pretty sure it was 3D at Hollywood. The other one I would welcome the more so over HO1C to be 3D would be GhostBusters - I think they could do a lot with effects

Spaulding likes this.
  7. Dr. Herbert West

Dr. Herbert West Newcomer

If Creepshow does wind up coming, I could possibly see it sparingly using 3D for certain scenes to emulate the comic book stylings seen in the film.

8. Spaulding

Spaulding Rookie

I could see 3D being used to better effect for GB if it came down to one or the other. Slimer and the library ghost instantly cone to mind for it

Kadath and Vknight like this.
  9. Vknight

Vknight Newcomer

I think there might be a scene in GB similar in nature to the trick 'r treat house last year. At one point in the trick r' treat house you'd look up this pseudo stair way and see a really good projection of Sam followed by a flash of lightning and him disappearing... which lead into the next scene where a sam actor would appear like he had teleported through walls into the following room.

A similar effect could be used for Slimer where you see a psuedo hallway with slimer turning toward you and running through a wall... then as you continue on, you get a jump scare form the opposing side from a slimer actor/animatron in the following room.

Its very efficient and a good way to make the most of the limited space available when we all know they would have to build a massive space to fit the stay puff marshmellow scene.

10. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

So, i came up a dumb idea to represent slimermin the maze. Get a blackout actor [actor covered in black], and paint on the chest and arms a realistic looking slimer, then position the actor against a black wall, boom now you have a slimer floating and running towards you.

Kadath likes this.
  11. BBPH

BBPH Veteran Member

I think to stay true/ respectful to the character it will have to be some kind of puppet or peppers ghost effect.

truejonas, Kadath, Sledge and 2 others like this.
  12. RevFreako

RevFreako Premium Member

My bet is a blackout actor with a puppet.

Freak, truejonas, Kadath and 2 others like this.
  13. BBPH

BBPH Veteran Member

I’d love a puppet on some kind of free moving track creating a more realistic flying effect.

14. horrornights789

horrornights789 Veteran Member

I was thinking about it and they could do Stay Puft like they did the Hunter in Resident Evil. Speaking of which, I could honestly see the “outdoors” scenes of Ghostbusters borrowing pretty heavily from Resident Evil’s sets, mostly because of how huge they were which would be true to Ghostbusters.

Also a question about Tent 3, have they ever had a stilt walker in there? Not sure how they’d have Tiny for HO1C in there without a stilt

hhnlover likes this.
  15. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

yeah they used stilts for tiny in hollywood. all i personally want is a fried chicken smell, and fishboy.

16. Jaden

Jaden Rookie

If they could do a mini facade or something with Gozers building with the lights flickering and her voice like Poltergeist that would be amazing.

hhnlover likes this.
  17. SeanPhilly

SeanPhilly Rookie

Has there been any additional news / speculation on the mystery blackout date, Wednesday, October 16th? Super curious since this is the week I’m supposed to be at HHN.

Kadath likes this.
  18. ParkRumors

ParkRumors Rookie

Funny you should ask, because I was just looking at the October calendar for IOA/USF to see what was going on. The hours for USF that night are consistent with the hours of every single other HHN night:

[​IMG]

I also checked the IOA park hours, and they have a normal closing time of 8pm - so there's definitely not a two park buyout:

[​IMG]

So it looks like there's either going to be some kind of special, separately ticketed premium night, or someone/some company dropped A LOT of cash to buy out only USF or only HHN for one night during the peak of haunt season.

truejonas, Fallow, Kadath and 3 others like this.
  19. SeanPhilly

SeanPhilly Rookie

Thanks for the great reply! Now I’m curious when they’ll announce the why. If it is a special, separately ticketed night, I’ll keep that week for my visit. If it’s a private buyout, I will move it. Or just get a job with whichever company that may be. ;)

Kadath likes this.
  20. mystiquephreeq

mystiquephreeq Newcomer

Do you really want me to? Because I can. I think we need to wait for all the originals true stories to guarantee an accurate Legion placement.

Let’s breakdown the classic monsters since they are actually listed on the Lineages.

Baccanoid - The Invisible Man

Cerebin - Wolfman and The Creature. We can place the Nightingales here because they are listed on the lineage.

Kerezan - The Mummy and Frankenstein’s monster

Maschorian - The Bride of Frankenstein

Morphan - The Phantom of the Opera

Strengoit - Nosferatu and Dracula

BattleKitten and hhnlover like this.