Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Blumhouse is doing a Magic 8 ball movie, remember. Anything's possible.
Dk9JwWVV4AECAit.jpg

I'm leaving this here.

Gonna repost some observations:

- Baby with the police uniform and knife - some kind of escape happens for sure
- Man with the gun and ski mask in the church. Instant haunt environmnet. Ditto the bathroom.
- Weird ballet girl with the owl mask and makeup-less Captain Spaulding could make some really funky characters.

If you looked at it, if we were to get another Horrors Of Blumhouse, we probably would have gotten Truth Or Dare and Unfriended and probably if they waited long enough, that Magic 8 Ball film but I honestly wouldn't doubt it but then again probably won't see it happening in the cards for HHN, as for Three From Hell teaser, looked really cool, awesome recap and some cool scenes, can't wait to see what the Rejects have been up to after the last film. I'd love to see this come at this year's event even if in Rob's scarezone. :)

If you looked at it, if we were to get another Horrors Of Blumhouse, we probably would have gotten Truth Or Dare and Unfriended and probably if they waited long enough, that Magic 8 Ball film but I honestly wouldn't doubt it but then again probably won't see it happening in the cards for HHN, as for Three From Hell teaser, looked really cool, awesome recap and some cool scenes, can't wait to see what the Rejects have been up to after the last film. I'd love to see this come at this year's event even if in Rob's scarezone. :)

Blumhouse has a couple of movies filmed and undergoing test-screening / planned for release this film:

"You Should Have Left," directed by veteran screenwriter David Koep. It's based on a German horror book about a writer that goes into the German alps to finish his screenplay before realizing that he may be losing his mind, or the house is changing around him. From the book, there's plenty of crazy characters and terrifying scenes. It's a terrifying book and it has had test-screenings (two in LA, maybe some others elsewhere) already, so I'm guessing it'll see a theatrical release some time this year or next year (December? October?)

There's a scene where the main character's reflection disappears that's riveting to read; one where a man with silvery eyes shows up on the baby monitor, standing over his daughter; there's a scene where a crowd of people with puffed eyes and mottled skin watch him from the ceiling; and there are repeated nightmares of a cement room with a horrifying old woman in it. This book gets crazy at points, and it's definitely got alot of horror potential.

"The Hunt," directed by Homestar Runner creator Craig Zobel and written by David Lindelof. It's an "action horror" that, according to collider, revolves around, quote, “a group of ‘rednecks’ who are captured and hunted for sport by rich, liberal elites.” So Battle Royale crossed with The Purge but for the other guys. It could be a hit, it could be a disaster, who knows given the current climate; that having been said, it's something to look at, especially depending on how well it does at the box office and whether or not it gets a sequel

"Prey," directed by Franck Khalfoun. It's a high school teen thriller, something terrible is happening, it was filmed back in 2016 and I have no idea what's going on with it. Wikipedia lists Uni as the distributor though, so I'll just list it for now.

Magic 8 Ball got announced this past week, so it's probably not gonna see the light of day for the next year or two.

Last edited:
Blumhouse has a couple of movies filmed and undergoing test-screening / planned for release this film:

"You Should Have Left," directed by veteran screenwriter David Koep. It's based on a German horror book about a writer that goes into the German alps to finish his screenplay before realizing that he may be losing his mind, or the house is changing around him. It's a terrifying book and it has had test-screenings (two in LA, maybe some others elsewhere) already, so I'm guessing it'll see a theatrical release some time this year or next year (December? October?)

"The Hunt," directed by Homestar Runner creator Craig Zobel and written by David Lindelof. It's an "action horror" that, according to collider, revolves around, quote, “a group of ‘rednecks’ who are captured and hunted for sport by rich, liberal elites.” So Battle Royale crossed with The Purge but for the other guys. It could be a hit, it could be a disaster, who knows given the current climate; that having been said, it's something to look at, especially depending on how well it does at the box office and whether or not it gets a sequel

"Prey," directed by Franck Khalfoun. It's a high school teen thriller, something terrible is happening, it was filmed back in 2016 and I have no idea what's going on with it. Wikipedia lists Uni as the distributor though, so I'll just list it for now.

Magic 8 Ball got announced this past week, so it's probably not gonna see the light of day for the next year or two.
And you can't forget about the craze with Jason Blum's photo with Jamie Lee Curtis talking about "stuff" trying to hint at another Halloween film, I feel like Universal might try to snag it one more time, it might not be quite successful as they want it to but it'll be good to see them try at least this time around, even if it means it would be the last time we'd see Michael at the event. It was a definitely missed opportunity to not have a Titans Of Terror type house at our event and feature Freddy, Jason, Leatherface and Michael and not like Hollywood's.

And even the right people end up getting it wrong.
Yep.

Some context for everyone else: The casting notification just provides a house or street number. If you’re lucky, there will be a letter associated with your role in the notification as well. So, it will read like “House 4F - Cast B.”

In order to parse what is what, you have find multiple obvious castings (for instance - face characters from returning IPs, or if roles require shaved heads or something) to find if all of them have the same location, OR cross fingers you can figure it out with call times (extremely hit and miss).

To me, it’s not worth the effort.

Yep.

Some context for everyone else: The casting notification just provides a house or street number. If you’re lucky, there will be a letter associated with your role in the notification as well. So, it will read like “House 4F - Cast B.”

In order to parse what is what, you have find multiple obvious castings (for instance - face characters from returning IPs, or if roles require shaved heads or something) to find if all of them have the same location, OR cross fingers you can figure it out with call times (extremely hit and miss).

How would one know the letter that correlates with those characteristics? Like how does one know what signifies “shaved head”, for instance?

How would one know the letter that correlates with those characteristics? Like how does one know what signifies “shaved head”, for instance?
If something like that is required, they’ll typically mention it with the casting notification. That way if, for whatever reason, a performer changes their mind on their willingness to do it, changes can be made.

Yep.

So I’m this vein the 4 is this house number, f is position in the house, and cast is obviously tagout/rotation/bump/spot swap?

I'm hoping maybe in a few weeks time we might get another announcement, hopefully the scarezones and show to finally get those out of the way, I'm wondering if they'll just reveal the first three originals first and then later on reveal the two ip scarezones like they did with last year.