Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Received a notification about HHN actor roles for this year...

Universal Orlando is seeking Actors that meet the requirements below:

Female: 5’5”-5’10” Slender build able to speak with a New York dialect.

Female: 5’8” and taller

Male: 5’10”-6’2” Robust build, strong voice. Must be bald or willing to shave head.

Male: 5’5”-6’2” Must have strong improvisational skills and hosting skills.

Male: 5’10” and taller, slender build.

2nd one could be for Baby or the Gatekeeper due to wigs and similar body type. Last one is Otis

Anyone know what the 4th one could be? Idk if its for mazes only, but hosting skills and improvisational skills sounds like something you could see in a scarezone, like Chucky or Purge auctioneer. Any characters we know in ips that fit the description?

Anyone know what the 4th one could be? Idk if its for mazes only, but hosting skills and improvisational skills sounds like something you could see in a scarezone, like Chucky or Purge auctioneer. Any characters we know in ips that fit the description?

Seeing that the height range is pretty large, and there's not many other physical requirements, I'm assuming that it's something for an original SZ. Possibly the rumored "plastic surgery" zone as the main doctor.

The "Male: 5’10”-6’2” Robust build, strong voice. Must be bald or willing to shave head." Kinda sounds like tallahasse from zombieland

The "Male: 5’10”-6’2” Robust build, strong voice. Must be bald or willing to shave head." Kinda sounds like tallahasse from zombieland

Robust build leads me to think of a bigger guy, possibly closer to a captain spaulding.

Too bad I'm not in Orlando yet lol, I'm 6'4" shaved bald already and a beard as long as his lol

Still funny to me everyone clamoring onto the idea that announcements have to happen. Wouldn’t mind if they went back to dropping all the info at once in August.

Start doing interactive websites again—or at very least social media posts like the postcards since I’m fully aware they won’t do the former— and you have me on board!

Because then there would be nothing to tide us over. Back in the days when they announced everything Labor Day week, they had the website to build anticipation.
You know before 2004, they didn't even have that? In 2002/2003, it was just a site.

Here's the thing: Every other haunt in America does nothing to "tide people over." Knott's Scary Farm nor Howl-o-Scream have announced anything for this year. Most haunt websites don't even update until July/August. And they don't because they don't need to. Fact of the matter is, neither does Universal.

They announce stuff "early" to sell vacation packages. It's not for the fans.

Still funny to me everyone clamoring onto the idea that announcements have to happen. Wouldn’t mind if they went back to dropping all the info at once in August.
For locals and/or nerds who are gonna show up every year regardless (like me), I’d be totally into this.

For people who use the IPs to sell friends and family on taking the trip to Universal for HHN with them (also like me), this would be incredibly inconvenient.

I’d love a compromise like what they did with 19: announce the 3 big marketing IPs early and then nothing else until before the event. Of course contracts, other marketing/PR priorities, etc. complicate this, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

For locals and/or nerds who are gonna show up every year regardless (like me), I’d be totally into this.

For people who use the IPs to sell friends and family on taking the trip to Universal for HHN with them (also like me), this would be incredibly inconvenient.

I’d love a compromise like what they did with 19: announce the 3 big marketing IPs early and then nothing else until before the event. Of course contracts, other marketing/PR priorities, etc. complicate this, but :shrug:.

THIS.

We booked our trip back in December because the flights were cheap and we would do HHN whatever the houses were. A lot of people here wait until a few announcements are made though. I know a few people who booked once Classic Monsters was announced.

If Universal didn't announce these things until August then flights etc would have shot up in price meaning less people booking.

I'm sure this would actually please a lot of you, but it's not what Universal wants.

You know before 2004, they didn't even have that? In 2002/2003, it was just a site.

Here's the thing: Every other haunt in America does nothing to "tide people over." Knott's Scary Farm nor Howl-o-Scream have announced anything for this year. Most haunt websites don't even update until July/August. And they don't because they don't need to. Fact of the matter is, neither does Universal.

They announce stuff "early" to sell vacation packages. It's not for the fans.

Everyone knows who or what walmart is, but i bet you see an ad from them almost every day.