Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Evil Dead, as a franchise, was "proven" to not be a major draw so Marketing is going to be hesitant to revisit that well. Pet Semetary has the King aspect to deal with - Universal would have to use a loophole to bring, and they've already pissed King off with a loophole once already. Creepshow is likely appearing in Hollywood, so is conceivable to appear in Orlando next year.

They had Conjuring in development for 2017, but the lawsuit filed against the Warrens (and naming WB) put a halt on the house. It became Hive, but Universal is probably a little skittish to attempt it again until all of those waters are settled. Anabelle is a part of the Conjuring universe, so falls under the same umbrella.

Not like matters. We know this year's lineup.

I mean, we're still VERY unclear on one of the originals, and unclear on what direction they take with two others.

How could Creepshow appear in Hollywood if King is involved? Do they have some sort of loophole like they did with Shining?

I mean, we're still VERY unclear on one of the originals, and unclear on what direction they take with two others.

How could Creepshow appear in Hollywood if King is involved? Do they have some sort of loophole like they did with Shining?

The possibility of Creepshow being a "preview" of the upcoming Shudder reboot was brought up. But I don't know how that would work considering there is no date attached to it. Feels kinda pointless in that sense if they don't even know how close it is.

Part one - I'm pretty confident on the directions the originals are going. I've dropped enough clues, I think, for people to have figured them out.

Part two - Probably another loophole.

So is there really going to be a scare zone and house based on Rob Zombie content? I mean I like some of his movies and one album of his (Educated Horses), but this feels like too much. I prefer one or the other, not both. I prefer just HO1C rather than a scare zone but just my opinion.

So is there really going to be a scare zone and house based on Rob Zombie content? I mean I like some of his movies and one album of his (Educated Horses), but this feels like too much. I prefer one or the other, not both. I prefer just HO1C rather than a scare zone but just my opinion.

From an A&D standpoint, I can imagine they've probably been looking to do something Rob Zombie / HOTC for a good while Hollywood had done it successfully so long ago.

I am not sure if this has been brought up but have there been any rumors wether they are attempting at keeping the level of intensity from last year, or toning it back? I think last year was one of the best years as far as scare factor and detail, and I am hopeful they bring that same quality to this year's event.

All ten houses??!! Then what are they? Lol

Let's catch you up then.

Already Officially confirmed by Uni

Stranger Things (Seasons 2 & 3)
Nightingales : Blood Pit
Universal Monsters
Depths of Fear

Remaining IP's to be announced

Ghostbusters
House of 1000 Corpses
Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Remaining Originals to be announced

A Yeti house
A Tooth Fairy house
"Graveyard: Hide and Shriek" (Buncha' kids playing hide and seek in a graveyard, where ghosts and or zombies interrupt the game.)

I am not sure if this has been brought up but have there been any rumors wether they are attempting at keeping the level of intensity from last year, or toning it back? I think last year was one of the best years as far as scare factor and detail, and I am hopeful they bring that same quality to this year's event.

Well it's been reported that Nightingales: Blood Pit is gonna' be quite gory and nasty, and it's also HHN's "response" to the silly notion that the event is going "family friendly".

With houses like Nightingales and the alleged House of 1000 Corpses... they aren't toning it back.

Last edited:
Let's catch you up then.

Already Officially confirmed by Uni

Stranger Things (Seasons 2 & 3)
Nightingales : Blood Pit
Universal Monsters
Depths of Fear

Remaining IP's to be announced

Ghostbusters
House of 1000 Corpses
Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Remaining Originals to be announced

A Yeti house
A Tooth Fairy house
"Graveyard: Hide and Shriek" (Buncha' kids playing hide and seek in a graveyard, where ghosts and or zombies interrupt the game.)

Well it's been reported that Nightingales: Blood Pit is gonna' be quite gory and nasty, and it's also HHN's "response" to the silly notion that the event is going "family friendly".

Wow ok. Only bummed there’s no Haunting of hill house and Killer clowns isn’t one of my favorites. They could’ve had something much better than that. But that’s just my opinion. I’m loving some of the original houses though.And House of 1000 corpses is going to be awesome.

Wow ok. Only bummed there’s no Haunting of hill house and Killer clowns isn’t one of my favorites. They could’ve had something much better than that. But that’s just my opinion. I’m loving some of the original houses though.And House of 1000 corpses is going to be awesome.

Hill House could come eventually, either there might’ve been a licensing issue or they’re waiting for the show to grow. Don’t disagree about Klowns though, I was excited for it at first but the more I think about it the costumes might end up clunky.

I always find it funny that the only Rob Zombie film I love is the one everyone hates, Halloween II. I remember seeing it in theaters when it came out back in '09 and thinking the movie was disjointed and messy. Years later I decided I wanted to give the movie another chance 'cause I loved the atmosphere and asthetic. Found out it had a director's cut that was 14 minutes longer. Boy did those 14 minutes make a difference for me. Took a rushed feeling, disjointed film into what I like to call an accidental masterpiece.

I remember reading an article somewhere that summed up my feelings for it almost perfectly. Wished I could find it. Anyway I thought that extra 14 minutes would be violence put back in but instead he put back in great bits of extra story and arguably a better ending. The therapy sessions in that version were powerful in my opinion and Laurie really seemed like somebody who has seen a maniac murder her friends (and of course shot him point blank in the head). Seriously that actress was amazing.

Anyway I am not going to sell anyone on the movie, more that I needed to get that off my chest. I know it's for some odd reason controversial to like certain movies, again, for some reason, but I never get to talk about it...also speculation is dying down greatly do to bearly everything being, for the most part, confirmed.

Hill House could come eventually, either there might’ve been a licensing issue or they’re waiting for the show to grow. Don’t disagree about Klowns though, I was excited for it at first but the more I think about it the costumes might end up clunky.

(this is all idle speculation and I have no insider info)

Second season is coming in 2020, so could it be that Uni might have just figured that waiting until the second season announcement is on everyone's minds might be a smarter move? Plus, this was the year we were supposed to get a GO(A)T house, so it's possible they just spent all their negotiating power on that and chose not to pursue Hill House, which is made by a company separate from Netflix (Paramount Television and Amblin) and probably involved a lot of rights headaches that people just didn't want to deal with along with HBO.

EDIT:

@DavieDarko I read somewhere that Rob Zombie's Halloween II has some of the most realistic depictions of PTSD in a horror film - with all the stuff about Laurie hating Annie because she was a trigger for her trauma, her drinking and engaging in self-destructive behavior after every mental breakdown, her anger at everything, her fear of being committed to a hospital, her listening to edgy music to try and distance herself from her past self - being completely true to life. Everyone thought she was overacting, but I thought the actress put her all into that performance. That same commentator said H20 got it completely wrong, funnily enough.

Last edited:

My guess would relate to a similar loophole from The Shining, the director and the distribution company of Creepshow.

Or in this case, being George A. Romero, and his estate, approving of the deal for Hollywood alongside the film being distributed thanks to Warner Bros.