Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 353 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Point being, there was still a Halloween presence to promote the movie.
No...

We got Halloween to take advantage of the renewed popularity.

Universal doesn't purchase the rights to old movies that are tangentially connected to new movies to promote the new movie. They use the new movie to take promote HHN.

Reactions: Darko and Clive
Halloween (2018) and Hill House are basically white whales for me at this point. Before I got more in tune with this year's predictions/rumors, I was completely convinced that both of them would be 2019 houses, like there was no question in my mind whatsoever. (I almost felt the same way with Us, but it seemed less likely based on the timing.) I built up the expectation so much that I feel like I'll forever be searching for them in each subsequent lineup haha

One of my white whales would be gremlins. Although they kind of did it with slaughter sinema- if gremlins were tribbles.

No...

We got Halloween to take advantage of the renewed popularity.

Universal doesn't purchase the rights to old movies that are tangentially connected to new movies to promote the new movie. They use the new movie to take promote HHN.

And I’m sure they get a good deal b cause the studio is interested in the additional publicity. The two feed each other

How insane would a Mandy house be? I doubt it would ever come to HHN, but a house full of crazed Nicholas Cages interests me.

Reactions: Darko
And I’m sure they get a good deal b cause the studio is interested in the additional publicity. The two feed each other
Halloween 4 was a different studio than 2018...

Let's be honest, folks. Universal gets movies they think will get people through the gates. The only time a studio is looking to leverage HHN for publicity is if it's for something that comes out in the Fall. And it's typically Universal trying to do it.

More often than not, Universal is buying rights to movies that don't actually NEED publicity.

Yeah I honestly doubt that Halloween 3, or even 2018, being at the event would have made any meaningful impact in how many people saw Halloween 2018. In the end it’s still just a regional haunt and that really isn’t the most widespread way to promote a movie.

If you guys didn't hear, USH accidentally leaked two houses through a twitter video. They posted a video of "tips" and you can see a binder with characters from Ghostbusters and Ho1C
someone already pointed it out
Welp at the Hollywood thread theres a picture for casting that shows Ghostbusters and House of 1000 Corpses. Looks like we're actually getting them.

hey it's good. good news is that hollywood seems to be using face characters for the ghostbusters
I can tell you through my audition group alone that there are several people that auditioned who share an uncanny resemblance to Bil Murray. If you feel the need to worry about anything Horror Nights this year, GB and Zombieland aren’t it :lol:.

Now that the remaining 3 IPs have been settled.
One scene i pray to be in Ghostbusters is walking through the apartment hallways (pic related) and get scared from the multiple doors by terror dogs and Dana, after that we go through Dana's appartment room followed by the Gozer final battle with stay puft and everything. Don't forget Winston popping up covered in marshmallow and screaming "I love this town!"

As long House of a thousand corpses features a good measure of the murder ride and an awesome museum facade, I'll be more than pleased.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190620-202015_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190620-202015_YouTube.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 20
One scene i pray to be in Ghostbusters is walking through the apartment hallways (pic related) and get scared from the multiple doors by terror dogs and Dana, after that we go through Dana's appartment room followed by the Gozer final battle with stay puft and everything. Don't forget Winston popping up covered in marshmallow and screaming "I love this town!"

As long House of a thousand corpses features a good measure of the murder ride and an awesome museum facade, I'll be more than pleased.
probably won't happen, but i'll like if they had a transition hallway designed to look like the overly large stairwell, with the team bantering above ("Well, when we get to twenty let me know. I'm gonna throw up."). then boom, have a giant stay puft hand come out through the wall.

The photos used in the casting are from the one when they accidently fire on a cleaning lady. That could be a good scare, having them jump out and firing their proton packs and Peter yelling at them to stop.

Reactions: hhnlover
The photos used in the casting are from the one when they accidently fire on a cleaning lady. That could be a good scare, having them jump out and firing their proton packs and Peter yelling at them to stop.
“What the hell are you DOIN’?” That line delivery kills me every time.

Reactions: Jaden
Halloween (2018) and Hill House are basically white whales for me at this point. Before I got more in tune with this year's predictions/rumors, I was completely convinced that both of them would be 2019 houses, like there was no question in my mind whatsoever. (I almost felt the same way with Us, but it seemed less likely based on the timing.) I built up the expectation so much that I feel like I'll forever be searching for them in each subsequent lineup haha

Journey everyone goes through, lol. For me, it was IT and the Conjuring, haha. Fought with everyone and said it was for sure coming, then got sideswiped by the actual lineup and the First Purge announcement.

RE:Halloween, I have no idea if it's going to matter, but Miramax is looking like it's going under new management soon. From what I can gather, they're the big canard in the way of a H40 maze, so who knows what'll happen. Hill House has to be on the list, but they spend two years trying to get ST as someone else said, so it's probably on the docket. US felt like such a slamdunk to me, it's so weird it's not coming this year. I'm wondering if it has enough of a nationwide presence come this year's Halloween (IE families dressing up as the Tethered, that sort of thing), then Uni might use it to fill some dead space next year?

Does anyone remember an early '80s movie called Pieces? I watched it back then, and just caught it again recently. I kind of think that could make a pretty good gory house along the lines of TCM. Anyone have any thoughts on that as a prospective future house/maze?