Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 370 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think doing Stranger Things and Hill House simultaneously makes way more sense than doing Killer Klownz and It simultaneously, but that’s just me.

I know the Paramount/Amblin thing does make things a bit complicated but it’s not like those organizations are ultra protective of their properties. It actually behooves Paramount seeing as they don’t have a horror event. If Hill House doesn’t happening it will be because someone at either HHN or Netflix said no, which kinda blows my mind tbh

am i the only one who thinks Us will make a good maze? i mean, it has tons of scenes that'll work well for a haunt.

My problem with Us was always that while the scenes could work, I feel like a lot of the impact of the film and the fear is about the fact the antagonists are these twisted versions of the protagonist family themselves, which I felt giving it the HHN treatment would make it just a slasher maze.

I think it would "work" as well as any maze does, but that just kind of sticks with me.

My problem with Us was always that while the scenes could work, I feel like a lot of the impact of the film and the fear is about the fact the antagonists are these twisted versions of the protagonist family themselves, which I felt giving it the HHN treatment would make it just a slasher maze.

I think it would "work" as well as any maze does, but that just kind of sticks with me.

I would be terrifying if you somehow had to meet your tethered in the maze, but that's just like logistically improbable

Reactions: Darko and ChaseTuff

Idk, I think The Exorcist is more terrifying for a parent, but that doesn't make it any less terrifying as a maze. Tbh, outside of the initial shock factor of having the doppels, the whole conceit kinda took a backseat as the movie went along. I think more people remember the scissors and jumpsuits and Hands Across America chain rather than the doppelganger thing, creepy as it was.

Why does everyone want scream? Isn’t it just a guy in the mask jumping out at you over and over?

Another Halloween house but with a main guy who isn’t nearly as scary as Michael?

Scream is iconic in its' own way besides just being a slasher due to its' tongue-in-cheek approach to the slasher genre while still being very popular and basically being its' own thing. Like how Us's clone plotline (as well as the messages it sends) differentiates it from just another slasher, Scream's thing is the humor and self-awareness.

And also, besides that, the fact they already tried it back in 2015, so clearly A&D WANTS to do it.

Idk, I think The Exorcist is more terrifying for a parent, but that doesn't make it any less terrifying as a maze. Tbh, outside of the initial shock factor of having the doppels, the whole conceit kinda took a backseat as the movie went along. I think more people remember the scissors and jumpsuits and Hands Across America chain rather than the doppelganger thing, creepy as it was.

Fair enough, HHN mazes aren't exactly movie analysis in general.