Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I’m really surprised Graveyard didn’t get canned for Us and that Tooth Fairy bit the dust. I’m guessing Universal got approval for Us in May and Graveyard had already started construction so they took out one of the houses that hadn’t started.

At the same time though Yeti seems to already have had scenic start so I’m surprised Tooth Fairy hadn’t started; although this change doesn’t seem to be as last minute.

Regardless of what the IP is, it’s interesting to me that Tooth Fairy was the one eliminated as I was led to believe that Graveyard was liked but if something better came along it would get replaced.

It's dangerous to run with Scissors.
BptVE1JIEAAA3dT.jpg

If it is US I can see why Universal might think it will work, in the movie the white families dopp. also try’s to kill the Black family. So it can be any other slasher house. On the other hand the main point of US is “you kill you”. Out of all the other dopp. only the one families dopp. tried to kill others, the rest stood in a line holding hand for Hands Across America and they tried to kill them bc they got in the way. So if the do it it won’t really be US(they could do the red outfit with a glove and scissors but without the “you kill you” it won’t feel like US to me).

They didn't try to kill the other family though. They had the chance and opportunity, but they didn't. That's most obvious with Elizabeth Moss's tethered only tying Adelaide up and not hurting her. I just watched Us, and one of the special features on the blu ray touches on that (also, the movie looks great in 4k).

ETA: I agree with the second part. Without running into our own tethereds the point of the movie is kinda lost in translation.

I’d like to speculate for a second about the location for KKFOS. If this is going in the Shrek building, how are they going to account for the width of the costumes? That location is notoriously tight for space, especially for scareactor boo holes. I’ve heard stories from performers that barely had the ability to squeeze in and out of their spot.

They didn't try to kill the other family though. They had the chance and opportunity, but they didn't. That's most obvious with Elizabeth Moss's tethered only tying Adelaide up and not hurting her. I just watched Us, and one of the special features on the blu ray touches on that (also, the movie looks great in 4k).

ETA: I agree with the second part. Without running into our own tethereds the point of the movie is kinda lost in translation.

idk, Tim Heidecker Tethered was definitely trying to kill Gabe on the Yacht, ditto with the Twins to both Zohra & David and Adelaide when she was trying to get the keys. And Zohra's Tethered murdered that guy who was yelling at her to get off the car. It's not like the Tethered weren't killing random people along the way.

Even though Elizabeth Moss threatened Adelaide with the scissors, I'm pretty sure she didn't kill her because she realized Adelaide was also a Tethered. Which doesn't explain the Twins, granted, but in fairness, they did just fall off a balcony, so it makes sense that she's pissed lol.

EDIT: Oops.

Last edited:
US or Hill House would be a huge win for me... I said like 150 pages ago that an US house "could" be amazing, however it having to be rushed would def hinder some of the possible ideas I had for it. I feel like there is a lot of potential to use some cool tech and unique ideas for US, but I feel like that would take a lot of time to fully flesh out.

i can just imagine the ending of the Us maze.
have it be sorta like what hollywood did with halloween in 2015 with the hall of michaels, but it's the hands across america tethereds. god that will be so cool!
upload_2019-6-26_12-52-46.png

If they incorporate the flashback 80s Tunnel sequences then there could be scenes that feel reminiscent of a zombie maze based on how the Tethered used to act before Red showed up.

The entire sequence is Elisabeth Moss’ house was made for a maze though. Zorah with the golf club, the twin’s corpse on the coffee table, the blood on Alexa, Adelaide chained up, all of it would translate so well. Doubt that the boat would be included but literally that whole sequence was made for a maze.

i already posted this countless times, but now i think is a good time to repost it
You could enter through the family house and go through the living room, have a scare by abraham with his baseball bat. Enter into a closet, and have a unmasked pluto as a scare. Enter into another facade to the tylers house, with tex as a scare. Enter into the foyer, with lo and nix as scares. The bedroom would have Dahlia cutting her face open. Have a small outdoor area with a car scare. You can also have a small town section with a pluto dummy, and red popping out from between a dumpster. You can then have a mirror maze transition into the lab, with that hallway with all of those rabbits. You can have a small room with Adelaides and reds fight, but that`ll might be to difficult to translate into a maze. Then you can end it with all of those clones holding hands, of course some will jump out to scare.

The thing that worries me is them cutting it so close. Seems they have little time to really make it look it's best. It might suffer from scenic being average at best. If that is the case, I hope something else will make up for it.

Talking to a friend about this last night and he said something interesting—apparently at the very end of the theatrical credits of Us, there was a logo for the Universal Studios Hollywood theme park. Not the Universal Pictures logo, but literally the logo for the Hollywood theme park. I never stay all the way through the end credits so I can't say one way or the other, but I found that kind of interesting. I feel like it's probably pretty common, though? I feel like it's just advertising for the park, not an indicator that the movie is being made into an HHN maze.

Talking to a friend about this last night and he said something interesting—apparently at the very end of the theatrical credits of Us, there was a logo for the Universal Studios Hollywood theme park. Not the Universal Pictures logo, but literally the logo for the Hollywood theme park. I never stay all the way through the end credits so I can't say one way or the other, but I found that kind of interesting. I feel like it's probably pretty common, though? I feel like it's just advertising for the park, not an indicator that the movie is being made into an HHN maze.

They had a Universal Parks + Resorts logo appear at the end of Halloween 2018 too. I think they might’ve filmed a couple sequences in Hollywood but I wouldn’t lean too heavy on that being a hint

Edit - People on IG keep saying Creepshow is rumored which wouldn’t make sense considering Hollywood has had it locked for months

This is with every Universal movie lol

idk, Tim Heidecker Tethered was definitely trying to kill Gabe on the Yacht, ditto with the Twins to both Zohra & David and Adelaide when she was trying to get the keys. And Zohra's Tethered murdered that guy who was yelling at her to get off the car. It's not like the Tethered weren't killing random people along the way.

Even though Elizabeth Moss threatened Adelaide with the scissors, I'm pretty sure she didn't kill her because she realized Adelaide was also a Tethered. Which doesn't explain the Twins, granted, but in fairness, they did just fall off a balcony, so it makes sense that she's pissed lol.

EDIT: Oops.

Were they though? He/they may have just been incapacitating them till Red et al arrived. And she didn't murder the guy, she stabbed him in the leg.