Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

GoT coming to HHN, would be without a doubt a huge gamechanger, and would've put HHN on the top. But GB, ST, and GoT all together? Now thats just a crowd nightmare. I dont think I'd able to get all the mazes in time.

EDIT: Now if IT were actually true I would be okay with. Its a big property for sure, but not GoT level to the point where the event is crowded and wait times are 5 hours, so Id rather have IT over GoT.

Last edited:
It honestly would be, I think people can handle with Ghostbusters but Stranger Things will be 100 something minutes almost every night, whenever I went last year, I'd always just leave that house as the last thing I went through before I left or if the park was getting ready to close but honestly I'd rather GOT come next year, there is no rush or need for it this year.

Idk Us would be a pretty big draw, it made $71 million in its opening weekend at made over $250 million total box office. Not quite as high as the Conjuring or IT but it is the highest grossing horror film of the year so far(as far I know, correct me if I’m wrong).

Edit - Plus it opens a partnership with Jordan Peele, Candyman will likely be a hit when it opens.

I know its a wild fantasy at this point (b/c of Disney) but every time any rumour of a big IP surfaces I hope for Alien .... regardless of how unrealistic it is.

If it ends up being GOT I’ve got to hand it to the insiders and Universal for killing the leak.

Honestly at this point, I think Universal should wait it out and try to do a Horrors Of Blumhouse house but for Jordan Peele, Get Out, US and then Candyman, that would be really cool, unless they'd do Candyman and it's own house.

I doubt it'd be GOT, seeing the reactions from the final season... Universal essentially dodged a potential bullet. I mean, It'd still do gangbusters, but I feel the window for the announcement generating excitement to out of state newcomers just kind of flew out the window... If GOT leak wasn't just a fakeout and coverup... But really, with the way that played out it doesn't really make sense it was a fakeout.

I don't think anyone would touch 'Get Out' with a 10 foot pole... It can be done, But it's one of those things where you're going to lose to someone, somewhere, no matter what your take when trying to present that kind of film in any interactive media.

'Hill House'... Really not my personal cup of tea, and I struggle to try and find a unique take on that property that makes it anything other than "generic haunted house".

'Us' is such a strong candidate because it has iconography associated with the scenes that serve to make the movie unsettling that has nothing to do with the individual characters or the message of the film. If there is an opportunity to make use of this property this year, It should be a no-brainer.

Jordan Peele will get a house featuring his creations sooner or later.
Yeah, I mean that would be awesome to see happen and have him represent it, hell, have him direct the commercial like Eli Roth had directed the 27 commercial that same year you know, it'd be really cool to see him open to working with Universal as not only with the movies but also with brgining his ips as well.

Idk Us would be a pretty big draw, it made $71 million in its opening weekend at made over $250 million total box office. Not quite as high as the Conjuring or IT but it is the highest grossing horror film of the year so far(as far I know, correct me if I’m wrong).

Edit - Plus it opens a partnership with Jordan Peele, Candyman will likely be a hit when it opens.

I love Us, but they just don't compare. Us's opening equates to about 7.7m tickets sold. Really good, but Game of Thrones Season 8 got 17m live viewers for the first episode. It's just on a different wavelength.

True about the collaboration with Monkeypaw, but can't they do that next year? The show's ending this year, so its gonna be a steeper and steeper climb getting GoT ultra fans to care about a GoT haunted house at a theme park event as time goes on. Horror fans are already coming to HHN, GoT fans are probably only gonna care this year.

I doubt it'd be GOT, seeing the reactions from the final season... Universal essentially dodged a potential bullet. I mean, It'd still do gangbusters, but I feel the window for the announcement generating excitement to out of state newcomers just kind of flew out the window... If GOT leak wasn't just a fakeout and coverup... But really, with the way that played out it doesn't really make sense it was a fakeout.

I don't think anyone would touch 'Get Out' with a 10 foot pole... It can be done, But it's one of those things where you're going to lose to someone, somewhere, no matter what your take when trying to present that kind of film in any interactive media.

'Hill House'... Really not my personal cup of tea, and I struggle to try and find a unique take on that property that makes it anything other than "generic haunted house".

'Us' is such a strong candidate because it has iconography associated with the scenes that serve to make the movie unsettling that has nothing to do with the individual characters or the message of the film. If there is an opportunity to make use of this property this year, It should be a no-brainer.

I think the appeal of GoT (and GB, to a lesser extent) is that it attracts different kinds of fans to HHN. As much of a cluster as GoT season 8 was, that show still has its super fans that aren't likely to overlap much with the people that love HoTC or KKfOS, just like how Stranger Things appealed to a whole different crowd than the people who love the big slasher movies.

Last edited:
I know its a wild fantasy at this point (b/c of Disney) but every time any rumour of a big IP surfaces I hope for Alien .... regardless of how unrealistic it is.

If it ends up being GOT I’ve got to hand it to the insiders and Universal for killing the leak.

Right there with you, but everyone always acts like it’s “Game over, man! Game over!”

So we are probably out of luck because others seem to know a lot about the legal entanglements.

Would it help if I say it was already spoiled?
With this said on page 363 makes me think IT or US..

Everybody is all wrapped up in what they don't know (and I won't confirm - sorry), they've forgotten the stuff they can figure out based on what I've already given them.

Like a house title.

And with now this means the IP has already been brought up.