Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

giphy.gif

I’m really close to locking this thread for a few days. Just keep that in mind for future posts over the next few days...

I don't mean this to sound rude at all so please don't take it that way. But this is a Speculation thread. I can understand locking out leaks. But us who are just speculating as to the new news that an IP is replacing an original...isn't the purpose of the thread to have fun speculating on stuff like this?

I don't mean this to sound rude at all so please don't take it that way. But this is a Speculation thread. I can understand locking out leaks. But us who are just speculating as to the new news that an IP is replacing an original...isn't the purpose of the thread to have fun speculating on stuff like this?

There’s a fine line between speculating and throwing darts at a wall. It’s already been said by those who know that it won’t get confirmed by them. We’ve reached the point beyond speculation at this point - hence the warning. Y’all can guess ad nauseam. The only one who’ll confirm it is when Universal decides too.

Well Legacy said he and other insiders have been trying to cover this up for about three weeks on Tuesday, so presumably the clue is from the last three weeks

Maybe, but I've learned that Legacy is very tricky and you really have to pay attention to exactly the words he uses (or doesn't use). Presuming anything about a Legacy post seems like it is likely to lead you down the wrong path.

There’s a fine line between speculating and throwing darts at a wall. It’s already been said by those who know that it won’t get confirmed by them. We’ve reached the point beyond speculation at this point - hence the warning. Y’all can guess ad nauseam. The only one who’ll confirm it is when Universal decides too.

I totally understand that we shouldn't be asking the insiders for confirmation. I wouldn't do that. But we're still good to take clues and speculate about it, right? Just want to make sure I'm not breaking any rules. But this is a pretty big matzo ball that just got dropped in our collective laps. The speculation and guessing, at least for me, is some of the most fun.

I totally understand that we shouldn't be asking the insiders for confirmation. I wouldn't do that. But we're still good to take clues and speculate about it, right? Just want to make sure I'm not breaking any rules. But this is a pretty big matzo ball that just got dropped in our collective laps. The speculation and guessing, at least for me, is some of the most fun.

It’s not breaking rules - just protecting sanity. Y’all are way off and going on tangents that aren’t coming close. I mean, Legacy said he didn’t drop a clue about the IP and it won’t be talked about by him; yet we still have people analyzing his posts.

The previously screenshotted thing from me was not an indication I think IT is coming. But yeah, I have to echo Legacy here. I don't think anyone here, including me, is going to confirm anything (and I wouldn't in any other scenario!). It's surprising and frustrating that someone did so blatantly on Twitter, for a lot of reasons.

The answers are out there if you look for them, but you probably aren't going to find them in this thread.

It’s not breaking rules - just protecting sanity. Y’all are way off and going on tangents that aren’t coming close. I mean, Legacy said he didn’t drop a clue about the IP and it won’t be talked about by him; yet we still have people analyzing his posts.

Fair enough - I'm not going to go insane or anything over this. I just logged on for the first time in a few days this evening, so this is completely new info to me that i find pretty interesting.

You're saying we're going off on tangents that aren't close but Legacy said it was already named. Which is it? This is a speculation thread so people should able to do just that without the threats. What difference does it make if it's found out? It's going to be announced in two weeks anyway and the entire lineup was spoiled six months ago.