Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

There's a media preview and a media day, preview is usually a week or two before with concept art, costumes, talking to creatives, etc. I don't know if that's happened the past few years, last time was 25 I think? Media day is opening nights when there's a presentation then media goes on RIP tours of the houses so they can review them.

Thanks for this Joe - yes I would be attending Media Day, not the preview.

I just realized, don't ask me how I didn't notice sooner, but I'm going opening night on 9/6.

In the past opening night has had pretty manageable crowds especially with express. How has it been in the past couple of years? I've been going mid-event lately, whereas in the past I always tried going opening night.

Also, do they still do an opening scaramony?

Umm can I order one ?

FWIW - it's one thing to make a licensed property shirt for yourself.

It's another to start buying/selling it. That's when legal troubles can start coming up. So basically - none of that will be taking place here.

Shameless Plug time!

We have shirts! And are planning on rolling out more in the next week.

https://www.teepublic.com/user/brianiu

Last edited:
In the past opening night has had pretty manageable crowds especially with express. How has it been in the past couple of years?

Worse every year, with the growth in social media "influencers" and just the popularity of the event. Plus media/corporate VIP tours hold up lines most of the night. Of course, as it's been pushed back almost a month, also leaves it directly in afternoon rain season, which brings its own headaches. Mid-event the better way to go if you can't come back.

Would love to see Dragula come to HHN. Those floor shows are perfect for the event and would offer something entirely new.

I've really wanted to see a house co-created by a bunch of more horror inspired drag monsters for a looooong time, even beyond the mainstream stars like Sharon Needles or the Boulet Brothers! (...that is assuming we were on the same page with Dragula, haha, gets confusing when Rob Zombie is also involved)

Would literally never happen at horror nights, (they're willing to push the envelope, and drag is somewhat mainstream now, but I doubt there is much mass appeal), but I'm surprised it hasn't happened at a more local level in LA or NY!

I've really wanted to see a house co-created by a bunch of more horror inspired drag monsters for a looooong time, even beyond the mainstream stars like Sharon Needles or the Boulet Brothers! (...that is assuming we were on the same page with Dragula, haha, gets confusing when Rob Zombie is also involved)

Would literally never happen at horror nights, (they're willing to push the envelope, and drag is somewhat mainstream now, but I doubt there is much mass appeal), but I'm surprised it hasn't happened at a more local level in LA or NY!

Yep! I was referring to the Boulet Brothers’ Dragula. I agree that it’s surprising there’s never been a haunt produced by someone in the monster scene - especially since someone like Vander Von Odd started out in make up and special effects through haunts.

I think a Boulet Brothers or Drag Monster Show would be a huge get for HHN and push the event’s adult-oriented entertainment forward. Hell, even Victoria Elizabeth Black’s Black Haus is located in Orlando; have her design something for the event!

Guess the closest thing we’ll get is another version of RHPS.