Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

But imagine pacific playland recreated for the finale of the the house..but put the whole thing in a soundstage
Yeah, I think the sets for a Zombieland house could be great (and I could easily see the IP transitioning to a house next year), but I will stress that everything i've heard about it has me very excited, including some things I don't think HHN has ever tried before in the streets.

They should've installed a temporary drop tower in the Zombieland scare zone like WB did for Horror Comes Home.

They should've installed a temporary drop tower in the Zombieland scare zone like WB did for Horror Comes Home.
Yeah, I had that thought too. They're almost definitely spending more money on a fake drop tower and show effects then if they had just brought in a temporary tower, but the space isn't large enough for anything but a very low capacity drop tower, certainly nothing to meet demand. They probably just deemed it as not worth it.

Yeah, I had that thought too. They're almost definitely spending more money on a fake drop tower and show effects then if they had just brought in a temporary tower, but the space isn't large enough for anything but a very low capacity drop tower, certainly nothing to meet demand. They probably just deemed it as not worth it.

I think a line created by something in that area would cause massive congestion, especially near Revenge of the Mummy.

I imagine there may also be mannequins in the tower seats, maybe with a zombie (or maybe a zombie with no legs) dangling from it.

I think a line created by something in that area would cause massive congestion, especially near Revenge of the Mummy.

I imagine there may also be mannequins in the tower seats, maybe with a zombie (or maybe a zombie with no legs) dangling from it.
And since A&D wants people to actually enjoy the entertainment they've put together, they probably would rather there not be a giant distraction like that within one of their scarezones.

attachment
I didn't realize that was a thing. You'll get an email, I'm sure.
Could be they'll do the Ghostbusters 2020 reboot for next year, with a scarezone this time around?
The budget challenges they had for a GB zone are going to be the same next year. While it's *possible* I think New York gets a high profile original zone next year.
The fake tower is cheaper. Way cheaper. They already own most of the truss, and they don't have to pay maintenance/operating costs over the course of the event with a fake one. Especially considering they'd have to contract out the operators for it since it wouldn't be theirs. Plus, permitting a ride is a more cumbersome/expensive process than a static set.

Something just being referred to, internally, as a third show that wouldn't make the website. Sounds like a scare zone show on steroids where they're treating it like a show, but it's not in a specific venue/area with some kind of gated area to get into.

Or maybe a scare zone with a big dance number or something where they are hiring professional performers (past Bill & Ted dancers) and choreographers, but it's not going to be called out as a show on the official site or map.

I would LOVE for there to be an unannounced Ghostbusters mini-show like Blues Brothers where every 90min or so, and Ecto-1 drives out, blasting the ghostbusters theme song, and then there are a few actors who get out and do some kind of little mini show, get it the car, and drive away. I've been quietly hoping for that since speculation said no GB scarezone.

I'm just amazed at the fact that Publix didn't leak anything this year, wow.

Yeah, I think the sets for a Zombieland house could be great (and I could easily see the IP transitioning to a house next year), but I will stress that everything i've heard about it has me very excited, including some things I don't think HHN has ever tried before in the streets.
"Ever tried before"

You have me intrigued.

I'm hoping we get Tallahassee shut-up in the Waylon's Pacific Treasures booth, then zombies attack it and he fights them off. Perhaps a couple of "broken down" vehicles to block the street a bit and for the scare-actors to hide in and jump out of for scares.

I always thought the park was open to the public at 6 = O. I know they stagger the house openings for Stay and Scream... are all houses usually open by 6:30?

My apologies if this has already been discussed and i'm just behind but does anyone here know anything about where the houses will be located?

It would be useful information to know so i can plan where i go in the park in advance. Create a route so i can hit my most anticipated houses. It could also, in some specific cases, inform the quality of the houses themselves. (Looking at you, Horrors of Blumhouse 2.)