Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Screenshot, 2019-08-24 19:07:52 - Paste.Pics

Left corner, balloon dog from Killer Klowns.

Also, it looks like there is a rabbit figure next to the Killer Klown figure, another Us reference?

Screenshot, 2019-08-24 19:28:22 - Paste.Pics

Eggs and what looks like a bag of marshmallows on the countertop (Ghostbusters refrigerator scene reference?)

There’s also a porcelain owl in the background of the kitchen scene, a reference to the Shaman’s Vision Quest from Us. Cool how many little details they slipped in

Well this thread hit a wall, huh?

What food items would some of you like to see?

Twinkies, Marshmallow Kabobs, an Ecto-Cooler-esque drink/cocktail, a return of the Triple Eggo Extravaganza but with crunchy waffles this time, popcorn, cotton candy (maybe a cotton candy cocktail), fried chicken, and hopefully a bunch of stuff for the Starcourt Food Court.

Are we thinking that Starcourt will be the same thing essentially as Benny's Burgers or do we think it will be a step up? Is it just going to be the bare bones stands?

I hope it is a little extensive. Burger King is at CityWalk, so MAYBE BK. Although, I would be happy just for a Scoops Ahoy stand.

Twinkies, Marshmallow Kabobs, an Ecto-Cooler-esque drink/cocktail, a return of the Triple Eggo Extravaganza but with crunchy waffles this time, popcorn, cotton candy (maybe a cotton candy cocktail), fried chicken, and hopefully a bunch of stuff for the Starcourt Food Court.
I'd be down for all of that.

Am I the only one clamoring for the return of the Waffle Ice Cream Pockets?

You know I think the only thing I've ever gotten from the food booths is the twisted tater. I think I got something different last year but I can't remember what.

How big is the budget usually for HHN ?

Nobody knows, they don't release that for obvious reasons. But I believe the estimated cost they spend construction each house is from $500K up to $1M each. They hire like 1,600 season employees for the event. They have to secure the rights for IPs. They have to file tons of permits. They have to manufactor all the costumes and masks. Buy all the blink cups. Produce all the merchandise. They hire additional security. They have to have teams on hand to repair houses including electricians and plumbers. They have to pay performers for the shows and build the stages. They pay for the commercial and advertising. All the stuff you think of as standard park ops are an added show as it's later - you can't ask the guys at the security booths to tack 8 hours onto their shift each day so they have to bring people to cover all that stuff. Etc, etc, etc, etc. It all adds to a figure that is probably larger than you think, probably paid for by 5 different departments.

But then you figure, each person in the park every night probably paid an average of like $80 for that night (taking into account how many have multi-day passes, how many are one and done with Publix tickets, how many walk ups pay full price at the gate, how many pay for express, etc)