Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For the location clues, my guess is Pit is in one of the tents since those aren't big enough for Hill House, while Cotton is in Shrek, and would need to move if it really actually finally closes.

Reactions: Kadath and Legacy
Unless ST switches locations it seems like so far already have:

- ST2: SS22
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space: Shrek Queue
- Haunting of Hill House: likely SS25 but generally a SS

Reactions: Kadath
Hmm, I have a different kind of location question. Are all the IP houses for this year in soundstages?
If I'm correct about IPs, I don't think so.

I'm still weighing what I think is what. I might share, since it's speculation on my part. No promises though, since if I know if I post my thoughts on them - they'll eventually circulate as "What's Coming."

I'm still weighing what I think is what. I might share, since it's speculation on my part. No promises though, since if I know if I post my thoughts on them - they'll eventually circulate as "What's Coming."

I’m just curious to see where they put Hellraiser if it’s coming. I’d want a soundstage but I can see Tent 2

Just to circle back on locations, if they’re bracing for a possible Shrek closure this year, what are the chances it’s going to be a 3D house? It seems like the most painless type of house to move if need be, and I know some people connected KKfOS to Cotton already, which seems like a good fit for a 3D IP.

Last edited:

And cause more headaches* in the office.

*not so much a headache and more moving things around since the code names were put out.

I’ll share my specs. I have no problem “causing a few headaches”. I’ve figured out things in the past with less information.

Chicken - Hellraiser (Why? Pinheads were used in sideshows alongside sideshow geeks.)
Drill - Original underground or cavernous reptilians (Why? Aiello loves Doctor Who. He has already incorporated the Weeping Angels and TARDIS into the event. A take on the Silurians would make excellent monsters and could redeem a poorly-executed concept that had great potential).
Onyx - Hill House (Why? Black stones have been used in adaptions and homages for Shirley Jackson’s The Lottery as well as the black spot and stones being central to that story)
Dog - The Thing (Why? Because it seems obvious, but there are other obvious potentials. Dogs of War comes to mind as well. They have used obvious codenames in the past. Zero is an example.)
Pit - Plague based original (Why? A pit can be an indentation of the earth or skin. Pockmark is a synonym. Sequels have become a part of the yearly formula. It seems about time a certain set of characters return.)
Pressure - I’m waffling on this one. (Why? I see a two-fold connection than can cause too much false hope and hype. One connection is the pressure it would place of the creators of the house. Getting it right would be tantamount to its success.)
Cotton - Original Witch house (Why? Again, it’s obvious, but this time too obvious to go with KKFOS. In this instance, I think the obvious is a red herring. This seems designed to make us think something.)
Jerky - Original possibly LITC/possibly Scarecrow (Why? Jerky is meat. Specifically, it is dried meat, not cooked meat. Meat is meat, but the addition of dried brings to mind a leathery, desiccated look. Pick your preferred sequel)
Hysteria - Stranger Things (Why? It just makes sense. There have been past codenames that link a theme/property to their popularity/purpose. The hysteria makes good profits. Synergy comes to mind as an example.)
Salt - Original Lovecraft could be a homage like Seeds (Why? Salt connects to the oceans and Cthulhu. They’ve been aiming for a Lovecraft house for years.)

This is pure speculation. I’ve been right and I’ve been wrong. Take it and build on it or disagree with it. Let it make you think.

Salt - Original Lovecraft could be a homage like Seeds (Why? Salt connects to the oceans and Cthulhu. They’ve been aiming for a Lovecraft house for years.)

I was thinking more Innsmouth. The story takes place in a sea-side town where many of the inhabitants have an odd fish or frog-like look about them. Cthulhu is connected to the oceans, but I think Innsmouth lends itself to an HHN house much better.

Pit - Plague based original (Why? A pit can be an indentation of the earth or skin. Pockmark is a synonym. Sequels have become a part of the yearly formula. It seems about time a certain set of characters return.)

Let me help with you a clue on this one.

Those who cannot sing in France are skillful Spaniards with a lance.

Happy Friday.

Assuming I am able, Fridays can we the riddle of the week!

I was thinking more Innsmouth. The story takes place in a sea-side town where many of the inhabitants have an odd fish or frog-like look about them. Cthulhu is connected to the oceans, but I think Innsmouth lends itself to an HHN house much better.
Totally digging this theory! I Loved Seeds because it was so Lovecraftian so if they bring something like an Innsmouth house or honestly any other Lovecraftian story or idea, I'd be so happy!

Reactions: Robert Bliss

Happy Friday.

Maybe I should have been less vague in my description of the returning characters.

And so, I shall be more plain. Yes, they had a lancing cane.

Reactions: Robert Bliss

Happy Friday.

The Spanish Assault on French Florida! Though would that make it more fitting as a sequel to the Forsaken rather than Catacombs?

As for a couple of the codenames...
Hysteria - Pretty obvious it's Stranger Things -and- in a SS.
Onyx - This one's sounding pretty close to The Haunting on Hill House.
Chicken - Mystique's method of linking this to freak shows, which had "Pinheads" and chickens getting eaten by them feel's on the right track this is Hellraiser.

Cotton - I don't know what this is, but with what's been said about it's location...this is NOT Killer Klowns from Outer Space. As Legacy said, this location might move. Which places it fairly firmly as Shrek. (Could also be a parade warehouse, but I'm more certain Uni is gonna' take care of Shrek before they take care of KidZone.) As we all know, A&D adores KKfOS. So if given the chance to do this IP as a house...why would they put it in the most restrictive of the SS's? For me it doesn't add up.

Pressure - Now Pressure on the other hand, if they were able to do KKfOS as a house, there's a whole lot of pressure to do it right. Probably more so then any other house this year. I feel this is KKfOS to a T.

Last edited:
After further research:

The Principalities of Catalonia experienced a 37% population loss during 1347 to 1497 due to the plague. Barcelona was the capital of Catalonia. Catalonia was under French and Spanish monarchy rule, and did not fully become a part of Spain until after the Franco-Spanish War. Catalonia sided with France during that war.

That would be how individuals left France and became Spaniards. Lancing canes and the lancing of buboes answers the rest.

I probably should forwarn people who are unfamiliar with me when it comes to riddles. I’m very tenacious and have an abundance of useless trivia.

So, plague doctors in Catalan or Barcelona.

Edit: Throw in the Nightingales as an addition or instead of the plague doctors based on the reference to singing.