Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So now that we have this announcement, will the first house be coming in the next couple weeks?

Over the last 5 years, the earliest the first house has ever been announced was March 29th and the latest the first house has ever been announced was June 10th. Last year the first house was announced on April 3rd and that was Stranger Things.

So I would have guessed end of March for first announcement; however, yesterday's announcement of the event nights was much earlier than last year (this year it was 2/5/19 while last year it was 3/29/18 and 2/23/17 the year before) so maybe the first house announcement will also be much earlier.
Dyv-rIZWsAAtJD7.jpg:large

Over the last 5 years, the earliest the first house has ever been announced was March 29th and the latest the first house has ever been announced was June 10th. Last year the first house was announced on April 3rd and that was Stranger Things.

So I would have guessed end of March for first announcement; however, yesterday's announcement of the event nights was much earlier than last year (this year it was 2/5/19 while last year it was 3/29/18 and 2/23/17 the year before) so maybe the first house announcement will also be much earlier.
Dyv-rIZWsAAtJD7.jpg:large

Not knowing anything officially...If we don't see an announcement tomorrow, I would be shocked if we didn't get one next week.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
So why would they have one less event night that week than any other week in October? Unless a company bought out the park, it just doesn't make any sense.

Other than it being rented out, which it might, maybe it’s to give the performers a breather. :grin:

Reactions: Kadath
Not knowing anything officially...If we don't see an announcement tomorrow, I would be shocked if we didn't get one next week.

I'm wondering how much these early HHN announcements are to do with the likely announcements of the HP coaster and SW landing in the "normal" HHN window of March/April and the risk of HHN being lost in the hysteria of those

Other than it being rented out, which it might, maybe it’s to give the performers a breather. :grin:

I don’t think they would pick that week to give a day off because of the crowds, but who knows. My fingers are still crossed for a Premium night announcement, but I’m just going to have to wait it out.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Here are the IPs I would say that for:

True Blood
Channel Zero
Ghost Ship
Repo: The Rock Opera
Final Girls
Odd Thomas
Mortal Instruments

If it seems like those IPs are too unlikely and niche to actually appear, you’re right.

EDIT - To add:

You Might Be The Killer
Exist

True Blood may be on the "WB ban list." I went to the WB Event in LA last fall and their bar was True Blood's Fangtasia.

Also super pumped for the calendar!

Reactions: RevFreako
True Blood may be on the "WB ban list." I went to the WB Event in LA last fall and their bar was True Blood's Fangtasia.

Also super pumped for the calendar!
I know it is. It’s also not something Universal would spend the money to use.

The whole point of my post was that the IPs I would actually care to see aren’t going to show up.

Before I go too far down the permit fishing watering hole, we are sure the tent was brought down after HHN, yes?

The permit bot didn’t find a permit for the tent being erected, yet. Yes, a permit is pulled when the tent is put up. It could be that the permit site is running behind (there appears to have been a few issues on the site), but there are ways for the permit bot to miss things.

The permit bot was the solution to the difficulties in finding permits since the site updated. I have to manually enter each permit number to verify nothing was missed, if the tent was indeed taken down. It’s tedious and time consuming, but I can do it if we are sure.