1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Discussion in 'Halloween Horror Nights 29' started by Brian G., Nov 4, 2018.

1. ChaseTuff

ChaseTuff Member

All due respect to Hacker, but I think the clues provided by more long term sources are pointing towards certain ish for us.

Also I saw someone on Twitter openly say cuts haven't been made yet in response to Hacker's ish about lots of black walls on the Hollywood side.

I don't wanna cast doubt on any one person, but we're still in the early goings of spec, not one house announced yet. There's a lot of smokescreen and different "ideas" popping up.

Just going off last year, I don't see anyway we do HDD and Blumhouse as separate mazes.

2. NuteGunrayWasFramed

NuteGunrayWasFramed Member

Also every year has a “horror classic/ white whale” house ala Exorcist, The Shining, and Poltergeist. I love KKfOS but that’s not on the same level as those.

Kadath, traveller and truejonas like this.
  3. ChaseTuff

ChaseTuff Member

And to be fair, either Hellraiser or The Thing would work. But I do think the options of IP's that by technicality have "not been done" are...getting down there. And Orlando creative will not paste mazes...basically at all. Minus that one AWIL reappearance which I'm attuning towards they didn't have the full budget that year due to the ninth house to make something entirely new.

Neither or both feel really farfetched. Hellraiser I'm pretty sure just started being a rumor this year, and its' sudden appearance feels akin to me as to how The Shining and Poltergeist just kinda entered the spectrum out of nowhere.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  4. HHNSK

HHNSK Newcomer

I agree and certainly hope you are right. Blumhouse was an awful maze last year and I would rather see another original than these two as separate mazes. The 2017 iteration of Blumhouse was saved by an outstanding cast performance or we would have had two subpar years of Blumhouse.

Kadath, Fallow and truejonas like this.
  5. ChaseTuff

ChaseTuff Member

I mean, if you look at history

2017:
    We did one Blumhouse
    Hollywood does Blumhouse and Insidious

2018:
    We did one Blumhouse
    Hollywood does Blumhouse and First Purge

I won't completely rule out any Blumhouse presence, but I don't think our creative (is that the right term, I get em mixed up?) wants to spread the Blumhouse wealth over multiple houses in a single year.

6. truejonas

truejonas Member

Agreed. KKfOS is more of a TrT variety. I'd be actually surprised if it wasn't back behind KidZone.

I thought the HDD part of Blumhouse this year was ingenious. I kept thinking "wait, didn't I see this already", and it was satisfying every time. They nailed the deja vu aspect.

The First Purge half sucked though.

TheCodeMan95 likes this.
  7. HHNSK

HHNSK Newcomer

One of the many great things with this event is that if there happens to be one thing you aren’t into there are likely several mazes and zones that nail it!

On the bright side (for myself) if they put Blumhouse beside AOV I can avoid walking to the back of the park.

RevFreako and truejonas like this.
  8. truejonas

truejonas Member

AOV blew me away at 27. Irma Show or not, it was fascinating to watch. Cyberpunk was meh, but I'm willing to give them another chance. There was still enough "whoa" for me to make it worth my time.

DannyPowers, SukaVayne73 and dxwwf3 like this.
  9. BoSoxFan1022

BoSoxFan1022 Rookie

I had absolutely no interest in AoV, it just wasn’t what I was there for

snayberry, CoopF22, StrangeP and 3 others like this.
  10. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

HHN is developed by Entertainment, specifically Art and Design (A&D). They also do Grinchmas, Madri Gras, and all the shows.

Creative designs permanent installations, rides, parks, hotels, etc.

11. ChaseTuff

ChaseTuff Member

Had a feeling I messed it up. Oh well. My point I think still stands.

12. OhHaiInternet95

OhHaiInternet95 Veteran Member

I've heard that the original AWIL was one of if not the most expensive houses they've ever done, so AWIL 2.0 was to spread that cost out.

ChaseTuff likes this.
  13. Vknight

Vknight Newcomer

I can't imagine them NOT doing KKfOS, last year it had a very limited amount of merch being only a scare zone, yet was second only to stranger things in terms of halloween wear. At least that was true the week I went.

The cult following for that film is real.

14. ChaseTuff

ChaseTuff Member

And as I believe someone mentioned earlier, Universal has essentially made the KKfOS iron hot again especially in line with the film's 30th anniversary year last year, so you may as well hit the iron while it's there.

15. kingcooger

kingcooger Member

Also, Syfy was in talks to make sequels to both this and “Critters” (which was sort of present in “Slaughter Sinema”

Add to that the fact that the Chiodo Brothers and John Massari (the composer) came down to see the zone and loved it. In fact, when I got to see them a few months back they said they hoped for a house this year on both coasts.

The fan base is there, Syfy is Universal owned and wants to make sequels, and the guys behind the movie want it to be a reality, so I think it’s a very real possibility

Kadath, ChaseTuff and RevFreako like this.
  16. BoSoxFan1022

BoSoxFan1022 Rookie

Murdy tweeted about how maze #5 was them stepping out of their comfort zone and that it was a risk.

TheCodeMan95 likes this.
  17. jrn14

jrn14 Veteran Member

hmmmmm I wonder what would be considered out of their comfort zone? I feel like they've done almost any/every type of house at this point... Do we know the location of house #5?

Kadath likes this.
  18. PaddyMcCourt

PaddyMcCourt V.I.P.

Could this be a reference to Hill House given that the style of the property would likely involve less Boo Holes and instead have scaractors being hidden in plain sight?

Kadath likes this.
  19. DannyPowers

DannyPowers Member

I'm thinking he's referencing something else with this tweet.

I wouldn't say Hill House is too far from things they've done before. They did Crimson Peak a few years ago, which is similar in tone and atmosphere.

Kadath and RevFreako like this.
  20. jrn14

jrn14 Veteran Member

A Quiet Place would be way out of their comfort zone since they mostly rely on loud jump scares?

therock and Kadath like this.