Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to start the countdown to #HHN30. Universal Orlando has released event days for Halloween Horror Nights 30, with the event running select nights from Thursday, Sept 10 through Saturday, October 31, 2020.

Halloween Horror Nights 30 dates announced | Inside Universal

Well there we go. This might be the first year in a long time the number of days decreases. My guess is they go Thursday - Sun first week then Wed - Sun every week after. Last week is Tue -Sat. 39 days.

That's why I think Universal would have no problem implementing some limits. They aren't spending and most of them are causing headaches (yelling, causing a ruckus, disrespectful towards guests and scare actors). I don't want to be an old man yelling at a cloud here, but they suck. :lol:

Some freaking kid jumped on a ketchup packet and I got hit. Little poop.

I'm totally okay with a price increase for the event if it controls the crowds a bit more and reduces the number of kids.

Time to start the countdown to #HHN30. Universal Orlando has released event days for Halloween Horror Nights 30, with the event running select nights from Thursday, Sept 10 through Saturday, October 31, 2020.

Halloween Horror Nights 30 dates announced | Inside Universal

I'm kinda sad because I feel like this may mean the empty opening weekend may have been a one-year thing and I missed out on it due to sickness. But honestly, the decrease in dates probably is a good call.

HOUSES
-2-3 IPs: The response this year to most of the IPs was mediocre at best and outright panning at worst, and as Brian said, the well is running dry. If the WB even is dead as rumored, I could see Conjuring or IT being the big showstopper IP, with another classic IP house and one Universal property to go with it. My bet is we see Psycho come back, as it was a cornerstone property for old school HHN.
-Terra Cuentes: This is probably wishful thinking, but story-wise this should happen.
-Return to the In-Between: This is a personal wish on my part, but In-Between was such a great house, and we've had a few years off from the 3-D houses. Would love to see the format and the property make a triumphant return.
-HR Bloodngutz Presents Slaughter Sinema: Think of this as the Body Collectors: Recollections of the black comedy house. Mash up two of the most successful comedy houses of the past decade into one schlocky movie bonanza.
-Dungeon of Terror: The OG maze rebooted for the present
-Scarecrow: Field of Screams: Takes the GOAT house out of the farm house and into the fields.
-New Original: There's gonna be at least one
-Zone to House Conversion: Invasion would be a good one. Maybe Vamp?

That's the one thing I DON'T expect to see is a decrease in IPs - maybe a philosophical change in the way they're handled, but I'd bet a butterbeer on a standard 50/50 split in the houses, and at least one IP zone.

After the response this year got, I'll take that bet.
They've been teasing a dual-park event since 2010. 2004's event had mixed success with it. IDK if they wanna have 2 parks close at 5p. If it was ever a time to do dual parks, it would be 30 - but as of now, I'd put it in the very wishful thinking category.

I don't think they even attempt a Dual Park event until EU opens up, personally.

I'm curious as to what you would consider "kids" ... I'd imagine like 16-18 year olds make up a huge percentage and important demographic for HHN. Also, in regards to attendance when you look at 2018 vs. 2019, they probably aren't worried as much about crowd control. I don't think HHN 29 ever sold out. I'm sure distribution of crowds is important but I would wager they are trying to figure out how to attract MORE people to horror nights.. .not less. I guess unless the data supports that these people aren't spending any money which I don't think is easy to gauge without research.

Well there we go. This might be the first year in a long time the number of days decreases. My guess is they go Thursday - Sun first week then Wed - Sun every week after. Last week is Tue -Sat. 39 days.

"All-new scares, plus reimagined haunts inspired by the past, will invade Universal Studios Florida for 39 select nights from Thursday, September 10 - Saturday, October 21, 2020..."

Also not that it reallyy means anything and is likely just a copy and paste from 29...

Guests visiting Universal Orlando’s world-class vacation destination select nights in September and October will be able to experience all the horrors that await – including 10 brand-new haunted houses, five bone-chilling scare zones, live entertainment and more.

I'm curious as to what you would consider "kids" ... I'd imagine like 16-18 year olds make up a huge percentage and important demographic for HHN. Also, in regards to attendance when you look at 2018 vs. 2019, they probably aren't worried as much about crowd control. I don't think HHN 29 ever sold out. I'm sure distribution of crowds is important but I would wager they are trying to figure out how to attract MORE people to horror nights.. .not less. I guess unless the data supports that these people aren't spending any money which I don't think is easy to gauge without research.

By kids, I mean 10-14 year olds (and younger). It's also one thing if they are with a parent and another if they are roaming free like the little monsters they are.

I'm curious as to what you would consider "kids" ... I'd imagine like 16-18 year olds make up a huge percentage and important demographic for HHN.

Legally, you're not an adult until you're 18 so treat it like a movie - 17 and under not admitted without a parent; but I'm referencing more middle-school-age kids.

Also, in regards to attendance when you look at 2018 vs. 2019, they probably aren't worried as much about crowd control. I don't think HHN 29 ever sold out.

It did; including Nov 1.

I guess unless the data supports that these people aren't spending any money which I don't think is easy to gauge without research.

It's very easy to gauge with just deductive reasoning. A majority of that base seems to have been dropped off, meaning they aren't paying for parking. They probably also have part-time jobs, if any job at all, which means they aren't looking to spend crazily (they probably got $20 from mom & dad for a drink and a snack).

Children with parental supervision are fine. The unsupervised ones are the issue. I like the idea being tossed around here of adding an age limit without adult supervision. But it won't happen considering the hassle of actually enforcing such a policy. It'll only add a longer wait to enter the turnstiles.

It actually may not be as hard as you think. Security is already on top of IDing kids since CityWalk does have a curfew. They are only allowed in if they have a ticket. If they were to establish an age limit, just make the soft check a harder one. They have the police presence in addition to the security as well. I'd wager that if there was a clear rule about kids without parents, most parents would follow the rule and not allow the kid to go; and to the parents who decide their kid can probably sneak by.... they'll have security on top of them.

I started looking back for the last time there were only 2-3 IPs and got to HH22 and gave up.

29-6
28-5
27-5
26-6
25-5
24-5
23-5
22-5

I don't mean to be a contrarian but I feel like there are a lot of ideas and theories in this thread that are way off base. :D This is the speculation thread though so carry on . I see the house roster being very similar to this year and the last 5+ years.

I started looking back for the last time there were only 2-3 IPs and got to HH22 and gave up.

29-6
28-5
27-5
26-6
25-5
24-5
23-5
22-5

I don't mean to be a contrarian but I feel like there are a lot of ideas and theories in this thread that are way off base. :D This is the speculation thread though so carry on . I see the house roster being very similar to this year and the last 5+ years.

Accurate? We don't know.

Off-Base? Hardly.

Status
Not open for further replies.