The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 470 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like most outta staters wont come this year solely for how will it-will it not everything is this year! I was the exact same way insanely cautious until I happened to find insanely cheap flights to the point if it doesn’t happen I’m basically losing nothing so I went ahead and risked it but I’m having a hard time convincing any of my friends out of state to consider going this year. I’m also wondering if hhn could possibly be like all the other theme park trends we’ve seen lately. First week open is insane everybody is there wanting to be “first” and the second week place is way less busy and more enjoyable now that the “first” crowd is gone.

I’m out of state also and managed to find insanely cheap flights also. I also had an insanely cheap AIRBNB till they canceled, but since I already had my flights and tickets I just upgraded to a hotel. If the event happens, even if it’s not as great I’m still excited to attend

I feel like most outta staters wont come this year solely for how will it-will it not everything is this year! I was the exact same way insanely cautious until I happened to find insanely cheap flights to the point if it doesn’t happen I’m basically losing nothing so I went ahead and risked it but I’m having a hard time convincing any of my friends out of state to consider going this year. I’m also wondering if hhn could possibly be like all the other theme park trends we’ve seen lately. First week open is insane everybody is there wanting to be “first” and the second week place is way less busy and more enjoyable now that the “first” crowd is gone.

We live in Chicago and booked our trip right as everything started- hotel and flight bookings have really generous cancellation policies right now. We may be in the minority of out of towners, but if it’s open, we’ll be there.

I also have flights and hotel booked, even booked hotels for a few stays of varying length. My biggest concern is how the experience will be going solo and if they pulse how will they pulse solo parties? My wife works in childcare so does not want to risk it this year, I can easily quarantine when I return home at my hunting cabin. My 2nd concern is all the governor overlords and their travel restrictions.

Reactions: ReelJustice
I also have flights and hotel booked, even booked hotels for a few stays of varying length. My biggest concern is how the experience will be going solo and if they pulse how will they pulse solo parties? My wife works in childcare so does not want to risk it this year, I can easily quarantine when I return home at my hunting cabin. My 2nd concern is all the governor overlords and their travel restrictions.

I live in Dallas, and already have my hotel booked as well. We go to Florida for HHN and to visit my family every year, so we’re supposed to be in the state for 2 weeks. My biggest concern is travel restrictions either from the Texas governor or the Florida governor. How can I hop around the state if there is a 2 week imposed quarantine. I have an office job, so unless my company lets me work from home for 2 weeks, not sure how I can quarantine when I’m back. I absolutely believe the event will happen and cases will improve by then, but Texas is just behind Florida I think.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Facebook HHN groups are a plague and I recommend avoiding them similarly.
I have one HHN group that I enjoy - Shadybrook Asylum.

As for the locals/tourists discussion - I have my flights, hotel, tickets and Behind the Screams tour booked. If HHN happens, I will be there. If HHN is canceled, I will be there. I wonder how many people who already have trips booked will be similar.

As for the locals/tourists discussion - I have my flights, hotel, tickets and Behind the Screams tour booked. If HHN happens, I will be there. If HHN is canceled, I will be there. I wonder how many people who already have trips booked will be similar.
My guess is most people who booked this early in the middle of a pandemic are prob gonna go ahead and go

I book flights with SW points, so can cancel up to the day and get points back. UO hotels I have 5 days before to cancel with refund. So until I buy actual HHN tickets, which I'm waiting to see what comes out, i'm staying flexible. I will say if no multi-day tickets are available I will most likely not go. Also, the decisions on scare zones and alcohol will affect my decision to go or not.

We live in Chicago and booked our trip right as everything started- hotel and flight bookings have really generous cancellation policies right now. We may be in the minority of out of towners, but if it’s open, we’ll be there.

Likewise. However, and I feel this bears repeating, if the governor extends his order specifically targeted at New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut (3 states that haven't seen any significant spike in cases since late April/early May, by the way...) travelers, then I will not be able to attend just by virtue of being unable to take enough vacation time to quarantine for 14 days and then attend HHN.

I don't mind eating the 14 day stay-at-home upon return to my state if still necessary by that point, even if it has to be unpaid. But having to quarantine at my own expense traveling to Florida from a relatively safe county in NY is a frustrating impossibility if that order gets extended again by DeSantis in August/September.

This is a soapbox best reserved for the Covid threads though, so I'll stop talking there before I go off on a tangent... :)

Likewise. However, and I feel this bears repeating, if the governor extends his order specifically targeted at New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut (3 states that haven't seen any significant spike in cases since late April/early May, by the way...) travelers, then I will not be able to attend just by virtue of being unable to take enough vacation time to quarantine for 14 days and then attend HHN.

I don't mind eating the 14 day stay-at-home upon return to my state if still necessary by that point, even if it has to be unpaid. But having to quarantine at my own expense traveling to Florida from a relatively safe county in NY is a frustrating impossibility if that order gets extended again by DeSantis in August/September.

This is a soapbox best reserved for the Covid threads though, so I'll stop talking there before I go off on a tangent... :)
My county in NY has had less than 300 positive tests, total.

Reactions: FaceBagman
Back to zones - if they still happen, do we still think they would be along the lines of Hellbilly Deluxe? (aka stages, towers, etc)

I could see them potentially still working with lighting, props, music, etc - even with no actors, or just a few actors dispersed throughout the area.

Back to zones - if they still happen, do we still think they would be along the lines of Hellbilly Deluxe? (aka stages, towers, etc)

I could see them potentially still working with lighting, props, music, etc - even with no actors, or just a few actors dispersed throughout the area.
There is talk of a minuscule scareactor presence this year in the zones, if any at all. IF they do zones, we're probably looking more at an Atmos-fear, than our typical interactivity.

Last edited:
I too live in Texas and if the event happens I will likely attend. I only have my flights so far, but this time I might just stay in a hotel. I live by myself and working remotely for the rest of 2020 (hopefully it carries over to 2021) so keeping myself in quarantine for 14 days should be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.