The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming he means houses.

The problem is, we have all assumed that, but he has never outright said 4 IP houses, just 4 IPs. Hence the questions for clarification.

So, @Legacy, my questions still stand

1) Do you consider them using the music of Billie Eilish in the lagoon show to be an IP

2) If so, is this one of the 4 IPs?

Doctor Who is scary, *British accent* proper scary.

Thing is the show is more about scaring little kids (and some adults) to hide behind the couch. It's family friendly sci-fi with a tint towards horror depending on the era. Of course the big problem is the production values of the older serials that focused more on horror (see: later Tom Baker) are bad. As Legacy was hinting at the Weeping Angles an inspiration for the Sorrow Angles from Winter's Night.

As a fan of Doctor Who, on a bigger front, the show doesn't FIT into HHN. The show is more about mystery and a puzzle box than anything scary.
It is spooky in the same way that "Are you Afraid of the Dark" or "Goosebumps" were spooky...I think HHN has gotten the scariest element from the show and used it already (Angels).

I would argue the same with Buffy

HHN is great at taking a character like The Gentlemen and amping it up to 11

I would too! I chose those artists because they laid the groundwork for Eilish, and they’re visuals are creepy but lyrics are not - well, most the time at least. Wouldn’t be bad at all!

HHN has never been exclusive to adults. I’m not one of those fans. I have friends and former co workers that started attending in their tweens. I got into HHN from afar at the age of 12. Yet I also don’t think I’m crazy for believing an Eilish lagoon show is out of place for this year. If this were last year or next year, I probably wouldn’t care. It just ruins the illusion of HHN 30 being a celebration of the event and the horror genre.

While I’m at it, I’m also not sexist or prejudice for not being into the idea like some have insinuated. 2019 was a great year for women in music. My top 3 albums were Weyes Blood, Sharon Van Etten, and FKA Twigs - Eilish’s was fine, but didn’t even crack my top 50.
oh i understand! sorry that i interpreted it wrong. i myself am not a huge eilish fan, but i do appreciate her creativity and rawness. i think a lagoon show featuring her would be cool if she kind of created a story surrounding it. however, i do think that the rumor did come out of nowhere and probably would’ve been better last year.

honestly, the only music related thing i’m praying for at hhn30 is at least one usage of cop car by mitski. the turning didn’t deserve to have that good of a soundtrack!

Reactions: JawsVictim
oh i understand! sorry that i interpreted it wrong. i myself am not a huge eilish fan, but i do appreciate her creativity and rawness. i think a lagoon show featuring her would be cool if she kind of created a story surrounding it. however, i do think that the rumor did come out of nowhere and probably would’ve been better last year.

honestly, the only music related thing i’m praying for at hhn30 is at least one usage of cop car by mitski. the turning didn’t deserve to have that good of a soundtrack!

All good! I didn’t take your comment as harsh as I have with some of the other responses on here hinting that I’m against the idea because Eilish is a young woman - one of which came from a mod.
Yeah I get it, we’re tired of people bitching on the internet about things outside of their control. No need to make assumptions about folks you don’t know though - looking at you mod. I’ve only expressed my opinion in hopes someone with influence at Uni spots it and reconsiders their decision. Fat chance, I know.

Love that Mitski song btw! She’s incredible.

Reactions: The Storyteller
All good! I didn’t take your comment as harsh as I have with some of the other responses on here hinting that I’m against the idea because Eilish is a young woman - one of which came from a mod.
Yeah I get it, we’re tired of people bitching on the internet about things outside of their control. No need to make assumptions about folks you don’t know though - looking at you mod. I’ve only expressed my opinion in hopes someone with influence at Uni spots it and reconsiders their decision. Fat chance, I know.

Love that Mitski song btw! She’s incredible.
the best case scenario for me is a terra cruentus show of some kind in the lagoon, do projections of really cool creatures (maybe an effect where the terra bike is revving towards us?), eilish and her brother do an original score.

but since she’s also rumored for hollywood, i doubt it :/

Reactions: JoshO
Well, it's from the rapper NF and the associated with the album Perception it seems at first glance. Not seeing an article that contains it though as of yet.

EDIT: Okay, so first guess.

So this photo COULD be cropped from the first actual website that popped up for me regarding the Perception Tour - specifically, the poster I am attaching below.

STEP 1: Reverse image search to find what it's associated to. Then, I used a simple google search so @Legacy couldn't trick me (you sonofabitch). So the first thing that caught my eye is the poster below (NF is playing at The Van Buren in Arizona).
STEP 2: Google "Van Buren" and "horror"
STEP 3: First thing that popped up was a Wikipedia page for H.P. Lovecraft (whose grandfather was named Whipple Van Buren Phillips).

So, my first answer for this would be involving something related to H.P. Lovecraft. What that could be? The possibilities are pretty broad. But that's my first guess.

Some other possibilities - Perception came out in 2017. Horror movies released in 2017 that caught my eye: It, Annabelle: Creation, Cult of Chucky, Get Out, Happy Death Day, Jigsaw, Jeepers Creepers 3, Leatherface, Rings. But those are more just darts than anything else.
Alright screw this, I wanna post my thoughts on this. I tired looking up the day the Perception Tour began which was on October 2nd. According to a Bloody Disgusting article in 2014, here’s what I got:
The Ring Remake succeeds
Zombieland 5th Anniversary
Strangeland (1998)
Near Dark (1987)
REC 2 (2009)

Interesting that it was Zombieland’s 5th anniversary on that day, not only that but the Perception Tour began at COLUMBUS Ohio. That’s all I got and I’m probably trying way to hard on this, but oh well.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ591
Alright screw this, I wanna post my thoughts on this. I tired looking up the day the Perception Tour began which was on October 2nd. According to a Bloody Disgusting article in 2014, here’s what I got:
The Ring Remake succeeds
Zombieland 5th Anniversary
Strangeland (1998)
Near Dark (1987)
REC 2 (2009)

Interesting that it was Zombieland’s 5th anniversary on that day, not only that but the Perception Tour began at COLUMBUS Ohio. That’s all I got and I’m probably trying way to hard on this, but oh well.

That was the start of the 2nd part of their tour. But it's as good a guess as any since we're dealing with a bunch of random dates. Here's another guess along the same line - on that same tour, they came to ORLANDO on October 26 of 2018. One very notable movie released on exactly that day? SUSPIRIA (remake obviously). Now, Suspiria (the original) is one of my favorite all time horror movies, and I would absolutely lose my mind if it came to HHN in ANY capacity. I also highly doubt this is the answer because it'd be of the "too good to be true" variety for me. But, it does fit the criteria @Legacy set as being the exact day as something related to the clue - and I got to it by checking to see if they played at all in Orlando because, well it would make sense that he'd pick a date that maybe corresponds to HHN Orlando. So I'll take another swing with SUSPIRIA.

Can you hum the Conjuring theme? If you can say yes to that, you're the outlier. Can you hum the Ghostbusters theme? I thought so. Ghostbusters, ST, and even kinda Klowns all have very recognizable tracks, and then the Monsters are the frikkin monsters. You're not gonna top that with the Candyman theme.

“Who can take a rainbow....”

Everyone join in!

Last edited:
Reactions: Andromeda
That was the start of the 2nd part of their tour. But it's as good a guess as any since we're dealing with a bunch of random dates. Here's another guess along the same line - on that same tour, they came to ORLANDO on October 26 of 2018. One very notable movie released on exactly that day? SUSPIRIA (remake obviously). Now, Suspiria (the original) is one of my favorite all time horror movies, and I would absolutely lose my mind if it came to HHN in ANY capacity. I also highly doubt this is the answer because it'd be of the "too good to be true" variety for me. But, it does fit the criteria @Legacy set as being the exact day as something related to the clue - and I got to it by checking to see if they played at all in Orlando because, well it would make sense that he'd pick a date that maybe corresponds to HHN Orlando. So I'll take another swing with SUSPIRIA.

While this may not be the answer, if Conjuring + Suspiria were to ever happen I don’t think I could miss a night of the event. Still shocked they haven’t used it as a cult IP yet considering it’s stayed pretty relevant

You’re starting to figure out the mechanics of the game, now.
So, @Legacy, my questions still stand

1) Do you consider them using the music of Billie Eilish in the lagoon show to be an IP

2) If so, is this one of the 4 IPs?
Yes. No.

But 4 was always speculative.

While this may not be the answer, if Conjuring + Suspiria were to ever happen I don’t think I could miss a night of the event. Still shocked they haven’t used it as a cult IP yet considering it’s stayed pretty relevant
if i was to guess, it’s probably because uo didn’t think it would be too big of a draw for a massive audience. however, just by analyzing their trends over the years, this has the potential to be the “cult” (ba dum tiss) classic house. i could see the house be a combination of argento and guadagnino’s films tbh; a vision of old and new.

I've said it before, but give me that Goblin soundtrack and I'm sold.

Everything about the original is just amazing. Scares would be hard since characters are limited but I think they could definitely pull it off if they Poltergeist’ed it. Start off in the storm, opening kill, go through Suzie’s dreams, sleepover scene, razor scene, Madame Markos showdown, and then an original ending. The colors of the sets and the music would just be epic to see brought to life(would definitely need a soundstage though)

Here’s the full picture of @Legacy clue

0B55C265-DF01-449D-80BD-A2BEAF72D41E.jpeg
So I looked up “Phoenix Arizona November 7“ and found nothing horror related. So I looked up
“Phoenix Arizona horror” and found an ad for The 13th floor haunt. I don’t know what that can lead to if anything.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Another look at only “November 7 horror” lead me to the movie “The Boggyman” from November 7 1980. So that could be it or take Boggyman and get Micheal Myers from it for a Halloween house.
3C81764A-EA81-49ED-9F1F-052B37A11C2D.jpeg

Reactions: Jaden
Just thinking about the location, Psycho took place in Arizona. Creepshow 2 was also in Phoenix Arizona
Not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but I was looking up some of the dates, and found a list of horror films filmed in Milwaukee. The list was published on October 5th, another tour date. Out of all the horror films in that list, Dawn Of The Dead (2004) was the only one that stood out.

Status
Not open for further replies.