The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm wrong, but out of the IPs discussed so far in this thread.. none of them seem popular enough to draw in the general public. I mean that could change depending on how the new Candyman does, but if that flops... that could be an issue.

Reactions: Kadath
Maybe I'm wrong, but out of the IPs discussed so far in this thread.. none of them seem popular enough to draw in the general public. I mean that could change depending on how the new Candyman does, but if that flops... that could be an issue.
I think it could be argued that the event no longer needs big draw IPs. And if Eilish is true, I’m sorry to all who dislike the choice, but that’s a huge get in terms of draw that Billie has.

I don’t know what contract they have, but good point.
I think Black Mirror is similar enough and there isn’t any complications. Plus, they have a working relationship with Netflix already.

Reactions: youhow2 and Kadath
What about the Conjuring?
Good point on that one. I guess that is a much bigger property than I initially thought.

I think it could be argued that the event no longer needs big draw IPs. And if Eilish is true, I’m sorry to all who dislike the choice, but that’s a huge get in terms of draw that Billie has.

I do agree there - the 30th Anniversary itself should be a big enough marketing campaign.

are we even sure that eilish is an established rumor? i saw some people on twitter basically calling the forums idiots for spreading “an obvious lie” around.

Happens each year, people get too protective over the event and can’t see something coming they do not associate with HHN so they call the forums (usually correct) idiots.

Bookmark their tweet and call them an idiot in 5-6 months :lol:

Conjuring would absolutely be a big property.

I think Billie will draw people but she isn't like Stranger Things, Walking Dead or even American Horror Story in it's prime. I don't think she has the "mass appeal" of those other properties.

God I hope you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.