The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 138 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a weird thought but what if they do an original house based off Stranger Things? For example, a house about the upside with an original story but not based off any particular season/episode.

Reactions: Kadath
Assuming Universal signed an initial three-year deal with Netflix, a “Story So Far” house with all three seasons isn’t a stretch. That’s assuming it was a three-year contract. They could also agree to a “pause” in the contract. We don’t know that for sure. They could have negotiated individual years, which allows them to skip a year with no difficulties. Even if there was a three year contract, Netflix could pull the contract with the argument either “season 2” house did not properly portray the property as stipulated.

Assuming Universal signed an initial three-year deal with Netflix, a “Story So Far” house with all three seasons isn’t a stretch. That’s assuming it was a three-year contract. They could also agree to a “pause” in the contract. We don’t know that for sure. They could have negotiated individual years, which allows them to skip a year with no difficulties. Even if there was a three year contract, Netflix could pull the contract with the argument either “season 2” house did not properly portray the property as stipulated.

They could also use another Netflix property.

Reactions: hunnylvr and Kadath
That's an interesting point. I feel HHN could get ST fatigue if they do that and then we get a ST season 4 house. I hope Universal takes a break this year and does season 4 next year.

If ST does happen, I don't see it being THE headliner; sort of like how WD was "a" headliner, but not THE headliner its last two years.

If 11 houses happens, which is more likely: 6 IPs/5 originals or 5 IPs/6 originals?

This is just a weird thought but what if they do an original house based off Stranger Things? For example, a house about the upside with an original story but not based off any particular season/episode.
I was just thinking that a “spinoff” house based in the Russia prison could be interesting if there had to be something ST this year.

If 11 houses happens, which is more likely: 6 IPs/5 originals or 5 IPs/6 originals?

I would guess 4 IP/6 originals with 1 hybrid like UM (versus house or something) that's partial IP (creature), partial original (story). So you could couch it as 4 IP/7 original or 5 IP/6 original in that instance. I do think something from the UM universe in some respect is coming though.

That ST season 4 teaser kind of came out of nowhere, and blew up a huge question from the third season...and we’re still probably a year out from the season premiere. Who knows what kind of content they may have by September to “promote” season four.

I know the team was able to see all of season three well in advance to plan the house sooo....

Status
Not open for further replies.