The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*bringing Fallow's post here since we can't split one post into 2*

Yea, I would love the idea of that.

I mean, I feel like it's inevitable, right? Soundstage or Parade building maze hitting some of the more iconic imagery (Terra Throne/Eelmouth, Demon Cantina/Motorcycle Monsters, Body Collectors) and inventing some new takes on the idea? Seems like it'd be a hit and perfect marriage of old and new.

I mean, I feel like it's inevitable, right? Soundstage or Parade building maze hitting some of the more iconic imagery (Terra Throne/Eelmouth, Demon Cantina/Motorcycle Monsters, Body Collectors) and inventing some new takes on the idea? Seems like it'd be a hit and perfect marriage of old and new.

Especially if there was a street to go with it with the Queen and some mini shows/sacrifices to go with it.

Now I'm gonna be sad when this doesn't happen lol

Indeed. Great idea, but will never happen.

No inside info here, but I really do think it has a high probability of happening. It won't be the face of the event or marketing or anything, but I think there will be at the very least a Cruentes-geared zone with mini shows. It fits perfectly into how they've been approaching zones in the past couple years.

It’s the Terra Queen’s year. She should be the icon with a zone and house at the least. I’d prefer the whole event to be a call back to HHN 15, but I know better than to hold my breath.

Does anyone else find it odd that Universal never capitalized on the success of HHN’s icons outside the event? The icons were like a second coming of UCM. I would have loved to have seen films or an anthological television show based on Caretaker, Jack, Director, Usher, Eddie, Storyteller, Terra Queen, etc.

Does anyone else find it odd that Universal never capitalized on the success of HHN’s icons outside the event? The icons were like a second coming of UCM. I would have loved to have seen films or an anthological television show based on Caretaker, Jack, Director, Usher, Eddie, Storyteller, Terra Queen, etc.

No, I am not surprised that they never appeared anywhere else, as most of them are just well worn archetypes we've seen a million times before.

I love em! But let's not pretend they're all that original.

No, I am not surprised that they never appeared anywhere else, as most of them are just well worn archetypes we've seen a million times before.

I love em! But let's not pretend they're all that original.

Nothing is truly original. Everything is derived from what came before. I love their backstories enough to have wanted/still want content based on them.

Comcast/NBC is all about synergy and marketing. I mean, they’ve been sitting on a vast amount of in house content to draw from. Imagine having an HHN-lore version of Creepshow or AHS to tie into the event.

Reactions: truejonas and Darko
Nothing is truly original. Everything is derived from what came before. I love their backstories enough to have wanted/still want content based on them.

Comcast/NBC is all about synergy and marketing. I mean, they’ve been sitting on a vast amount of in house content to draw from. Imagine having an HHN-lore version of Creepshow or AHS to tie into the event.
Comcast didn’t own Universal when the event was leaning on the icons.

Tying back into what Legacy said a few pages back about an 11th house, I think the more interesting move would be to build a tent for another location, then take one of the sound stages that they usually split and turn it into one much larger house. It would give you a lot more room for big set-pieces and some interesting facades and effects.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Tying back into what Legacy said a few pages back about an 11th house, I think the more interesting move would be to build a tent for another location, then take one of the sound stages that they usually split and turn it into one much larger house. It would give you a lot more room for big set-pieces and some interesting facades and effects.
The site said 10 houses but unless a surprise 11th house is possible, have we considered the possibility of a “mega maze”? (I.e. TWD 2014 and Mo steed and Mayhem). I could see either the anniversary house or It fitting that bill. It would be just like building and staffing am 11th house.

Have not seen it mentioned or even whispered.. AoV and A&D have a tight bond, so did B&T ... Why not bring them together?! Make the show a hair longer.. Please both sets of fans. B&T already had their dancers every year. AoV would blow those portions of B&T up! The only issue would be who's world gets the main theme of the show bring AoV into the year in Pop Culture?! or Have Bill and Ted brought into the Villain world. Discuss, speculate, party on dudes, but most importantly Be Excellent to each other !

Have not seen it mentioned or even whispered.. AoV and A&D have a tight bond, so did B&T ... Why not bring them together?! Make the show a hair longer.. Please both sets of fans. B&T already had their dancers every year. AoV would blow those portions of B&T up! The only issue would be who's world gets the main theme of the show bring AoV into the year in Pop Culture?! or Have Bill and Ted brought into the Villain world. Discuss, speculate, party on dudes, but most importantly Be Excellent to each other !
Absolutely not. The two need to be kept separate. Completely different in tone and style and purpose.

I know most people are saying IT and Jack for HHN30, but I doubt they’d both be there. Two clowns would be really confusing for the General public, and Jack would get completely overshadowed by Pennywise.

Further, as WB seem content to keep hold of their IPs rather than license out for now, I’m not expecting IT for next years event. Yes things can change and IPs can come up unexpectedly, but for now I’d assume no WB properties are on the table.

Given the way HHN29 GSATs went, my guesses for HHN30 are:

• 11 or 12 houses - remember HHN28 when we were promised 9 houses then got a 10th later?;
  • If 12 houses then return of an up charge house like the repository;
  • 3-4 IPs, with 1 main IP;
  • Jack to return EITHER as a show, house, or both. If show then probably lagoon show as master of ceremonies;
  • Scarecrow sequel;
  • House with callbacks to previous houses from the last 10 years (I.e “best of” house);
  • AoV to return;
  • Show similar to B&T. Think royalty rates would be an issue given B&T 3;
  • Scares will be cranked up, with mixed success;
  • Scary Carey scarezone (it’s just too great a name and concept to pass by!)

I'm bad at spec but I wanted to be part of the conversation.

I just want to throw my hat in the "It makes sense for Terra Cruentas/Terra Queen/Gorewood to return" camp. Since (according to Chris Ripley's book) the new management that came in around 2005 demanded a different Icon be the focal point I feel like we never got to see what could have truly been. And the Terra Monks on the final night did indeed say she would return to present her world in 15 years' time. I doubt we'll get the over-arching mythology that connects everything again - but MAN would I love to see this idea back in some form. Would make sense to me.

Whichever form he may take, and I know people are sick of it, but I'm a huge Jack and Chance mark. So any form of their return is welcome to me. Also - just a return of Icons in any form. Even a brand new one.

In addition - with the near total lack of Carey references, especially compared to 28 and others, (I heard/saw of none besides the GG queue video), I think a bigger presence there is necessary.

And (if not okay to say, admins feel free to delete, I just really only concern myself with HHN on these forums but I did post a hello in the Hello section) - So- Hey all, new on the forum but been lurking for years and felt like XXX was a good time to start piping in. I have zero inside info (for now) and I've been going to HHN since 2001. Looking forward to discussing with you all. :)

this could either work really really well.....
or end up pissing both fan sides furiously. it could make both sides argue.

Reactions: truejonas
Status
Not open for further replies.