The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was interested to see Rix Flix's new "rumors" video until I realized that everything he said has already been posted here.

(Probably got them from here, too. :bored:)

Thinking about this and HHN 365's podcast, do we have any ideas for a Scarecrow sequel, if it gets put in a tent? I can't think of any new spin on it without moving to a wide open space for a cornfield house.
The wide open cornfield house is definitely the one I'd want to see. I just don't see how they could expand on it other than that without it being just "The same thing but in a different farmhouse"

Off topic a little what’s a good podcast for HHN or haunts in general
Grim Grinning Hosts, Haunters, HHN365, Catacombs of HHN, Everyday is Halloween, Hell Hath No Fury Like Thirty, Friday Horror Nights, ScareZone, Four Hauntsmen. I also started a podcast called HHN Obsession that I stopped doing. There is one episode reviewing HHN 29 that's semi-interesting though.

Grim Grinning Hosts, Haunters, HHN365, Catacombs of HHN, Everyday is Halloween, Hell Hath No Fury Like Thirty, Friday Horror Nights, ScareZone, Four Hauntsmen. I also started a podcast called HHN Obsession that I stopped doing. There is one episode reviewing HHN 29 that's semi-interesting though.
I was able to do Graveyard and Monsters with some of the people from Hell Hath No Fury Like Thirty (After Dark podcast network) last year and they were a lot of fun. Super nice and entertaining.

Last edited:
I think fake corn is probably safe. And any corn indoors will have to be fake. ;)

2 acre cornfield resulted in Charley(Cat 4), Frances(Cat 4), and Jeanne(Cat 3)

Little bit of corn near Scarecrow resulted in Irma(Cat 5).

NO CORN!!! Corn in the style of ST3 (Scary Tales 3 for those who insist on stealing the ST acronym for Stranger Things) may be okay, but I wouldn’t tempt fate.

With that, a new clue for the week.

View attachment 11562
And this one doesn’t have a date connection. It’s just a clever connection.

(I’ve started to realize how much these clues are like what Murdy use to do.)

I'm going to take another swing at this.

* Dude is called Old Man River
* There is a famous song called Ol' Man River that was prominent in the Universal Picture "Show Boat" (1936)
* Show Boat was directed by James Whale
* Whale is best known for directing several horror films, most prominently Frankenstein (1931), The Invisible Man (1933), and Bride of Frankenstein (1935)

We don't yet have a shortcut for this clue, but we do have an "H".

So, my guess is that it is a rumor for a UCM house - potentially one containing Frankenstein and/or Invisible Man.

If we're concentrating on what could replace ST in a three year Netflix deal...there's another property that's more popular than Hill House and isn't really being discussed...and it ain't Witcher.
i actually have a guess for this one, but considering the rights owner had a house here before that wasn’t exactly the most well received...

I'm going to take another swing at this.

* Dude is called Old Man River
* There is a famous song called Ol' Man River that was prominent in the Universal Picture "Show Boat" (1936)
* Show Boat was directed by James Whale
* Whale is best known for directing several horror films, most prominently Frankenstein (1931), The Invisible Man (1933), and Bride of Frankenstein (1935)

We don't yet have a shortcut for this clue, but we do have an "H".

So, my guess is that it is a rumor for a UCM house - potentially one containing Frankenstein and/or Invisible Man.
So... friggin... close.

Perfect thread of logic, just wrong finish.

Gotcha. Nah fam'. We already discussed the one I was referencing.
yeah, i saw. as much as i like sabrina, this third season REALLY leaned too much into riverdale writing for my liking. not enough satanic imagery and too much relationship drama (although, the same can be said for stranger things, and here we are)

i purposefully kept my spec/wish guess hidden because i wanted to try my hand at the “vague” puzzles that seem to be so popular on this board lmao, but now i’m bored. here’s what i was getting at:
-silent hill bombed in 2012
-silent hill is owned by konami
-konami and netflix teamed up to adapt castlevania

so....over/under for castlevania?

So... friggin... close.

Perfect thread of logic, just wrong finish.

ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Okay, so other than Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein and Invisible Man, he did two movies that stand out a little: The Old Dark House and Remember Last Night? (which was based on a novel called The Hangover Murders). The Old Dark House is credited with reinventing the "dark house" subgenre of horror films according to Wikipedia. And, he turned down directing "Dracula's Daughter" in order to turn The Hangover Murders into a film, which is kind of a "Clue" meets "The Hangover". I also suppose his connections with Carl Laemmle and Boris Karloff could point to The Mummy. But my first answer was something in the UCM universe, POSSIBLY Frankenstein and/or Invisible Man, so I would think if it was The Mummy you'd give me a "partially correct" or something since it's in the UCM. But if it's not involving The Old Dark House or The Hangover Murders, I'll guess The Mummy as a part of my UCM answer.

Not sure if I'm getting colder down that path. Because James Whale is mostly known for the Frankenstein films, I really thought if that was the correct path it would be the answer. You said it wasn't a date, so I didn't go there with him. None of the schools he attended or other achievements seem to really connect with anything I could see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.