The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 148 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because one of the two main characters in The Thing is named Childs (MacReady being the other one). So you have a character in The Core (which has the clue in it) named Childs, and one of the main characters in The Thing is named Childs. That's the connection.

Interesting. Several years ago I worked for David Foster who happened to have produced both The Thing and The Core.

Reactions: Kadath
Am I the only one that thinks a Bride it frankensteins house would be terrible?
Personally I love any and everything monsters but I totally get your point just know that they can go all out creative wise kinda like how Hollywood did new things with Frankenstein meets the wolfman. Honestly I’m hoping it’s more of a brides house so we get some vamps in there as well

UCM is a win-win in terms of marketing and content: you can market it like it's an IP, it goes up the food chain in a positive manner because of synergy and the focus the studio has put on revitalizing the monsters in culture (nevermind the potential land at EU), and the content is basically whatever the designers want it to be because it's about the monsters themselves and not the plot, allowing them to go nuts.

I really hope they're back this year.

Not sure about the rights situation, but has there ever been any talk of doing a Sleepy Hollow Maze based on the Depp movie? Feel like that would be a pretty cool adaptation for HHN.

I have a feeling that if the bride house is real that it might be the first announcement at peacock. Hollywood has had 2 monster houses so it wouldn’t be a huge shock with it returning (kinda like ST wasn’t a huge shock as a first announcement) and it would be easy to say oh and by the way the house is coming to Orlando as well.

A new Legendary Truth would be amazing. Ive always wanted them to do one in a plantation style house like The Caretaker’s or in a gothic looking house. So much potential for a franchise with that original property

My first instinct for a new LT house would be the LT mansion. It could house an anniversary house. The sub levels of the mansion contain vaults that hold relics/supernatural objects. It would work well as an anniversary house.

Kk. It’s your answer sheet.

i just don’t find her scary at all, although I guess if Frankenstein was in it as well it might be better
Are any if the original monster movies or characters considered scary though? Maybe Invisible Man at a push, but I certainly never found Dracuka or Wolfman to be all that scary in their original movies.
Meeting them face to face in a dimly lit haunted house was an entirely different experience, as I am sure it would be with whatever this house may end up being.

Status
Not open for further replies.