The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To take another guess at the clue
•The Far Side
•Midvale
•September 9, 2012 was a date I found when searching the picture in an article called “2nd First Look”
• I search September 9 2012 horror
• Movie Barricade was released on that date(said so on Wikipedia)

D0FBB972-BEAC-4F88-8BFC-499FD52DA6FE.jpeg

Last edited:
To take another guess at the clue
•The Far Side
•Midvale
•September 9, 2012 was a date I found when searching the picture
• I search September 9 2012 horror
• Movie Barricade was released on that date

Guys, I really hate to be that guy, but the picture IS NOT from 2012 as the comic ENDED in 1995:

The Far Side - Wikipedia

I have yet to nail down an exact date, but it seems to be from 1986

EDIT: I just realized that the original comic published sometime in 1986 is black and white while the color version might actually be from a different date. Granted, it is definitely pre 2012 as I remember one of my friends having a t-shirt with the color version on it in high school and I graduated in 2002. So, long story short, depending upon what the actual source is (color vs. black and white), the date might not be the thing that matters.

Reactions: Kadath
Right that’s the blog entry date. Not the cartoons post date. It’s talking about Far Side in the past tense.

That's where this gets tricky, I have done some light research and have yet to be able to nail down a date for when this comic was originally published outside of 1986 (assuming that is correct).

H clues, if I recall correctly, require dates and locations

The blog post sort of fulfills that requirement as we have a date (9/9/2012) and a location of sorts (2nd First Look)

As mentioned above, there was a WWE movie called barricade released on that date (odd given that it was a Sunday)

Here are some other things on that date: What Happened on September 9, 2012

I am trying to figure out if 2nd First Look could translate to anything of interest other than a possible Requel house idea.

The other possibility, looking at all angles, is something very specific to when the original comic was published for a date, but even if we nail down a date, we don't necessarily know a location outside of Midvale using that methodology.

Going off Legacy's The Far Side clue, I decided to type in Midvale and see what comes up. Midvale is a city in Utah and at least one scene from both Halloween 4 and 5 were filmed in Midvale, UT.

Going off Legacy's The Far Side clue, I decided to type in Midvale and see what comes up. Midvale is a city in Utah and at least one scene from both Halloween 4 and 5 were filmed in Midvale, UT.

Yeah, but so were scenes from The Stand, but none of the dates line up for those.

God help me, I just remembered that Ryan Reynolds (who got married to Blake Lively on 9/9/2012) was in the Amityville Horror remake which could, in a sense, fulfill the 2nd First Look aspect.

EDIT: Just a quick note that I don't want this to be connected to a movie (I am hoping this is more of a theme of house clue), but that stupid Reynolds connection is there anyways.

Last edited:
And, since, the first 9 are all solved... here’s clue ten.

View attachment 11727

It’s hard. Good luck.

* Article containing this exact picture was on 9/9/2012 (as many of you have surmised)
* The movie Hellbenders premiered on 9/9/2012 at TIFF
* Hellbenders stars Clancy Brown, who was also in A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

GUESS 1: A Nightmare on Elm Street
GUESS 2: Hellbenders

Reactions: Kadath
* Article containing this exact picture was on 9/9/2012 (as many of you have surmised)
* The movie Hellbenders premiered on 9/9/2012 at TIFF
* Hellbenders stars Clancy Brown, who was also in A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

GUESS 1: A Nightmare on Elm Street
GUESS 2: Hellbenders

Veering into Clancy Brown territory, we also get things like John Dies at the End, Carnivale,Pet Semetary 2, and Starship Troopers off the top of my head

Ironically, we also get The Bride (a Frankenstein retelling)

Here’s what I am wondering, though, is this an IP or just a theme for an original?

Furthermore, is 2nd First Look significant?

Let’s assume the magazine is significant, and 2nd First Look has meaning. If so, I would believe that to be a remake/requel if it is an IP or Original

Therefore, ANoES makes sense to me as does Pet Semetary 2 in a sense since we had a recent remake of that

As well, Clancy Brown was in another, non horror movie that could definitely be tied to a requel house if we are looking at Originals: The Shawshank Redemption. Could we be getting some form of Hellgate again?

Ok so I asked around on the Far Side Reddit. They gave me the date 11/24/1986 and this photo of the original collection. It’s from Volume 2.

Edit: This may be a dead end. Being November, there were no horror movies released on this date.

Attachments

• F93DAC37-604A-4CAF-BB1A-ADCAF7759F1D.jpeg
    F93DAC37-604A-4CAF-BB1A-ADCAF7759F1D.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: Kichkinet85
The Candyman trailer is supposedly coming on Friday. Apparently(from Mr. H’s test screening video) it’s relatively light on violence so that could be counter to it coming this year. Still think it could happen though since TFP did

The Candyman trailer is supposedly coming on Friday. Apparently(from Mr. H’s test screening video) it’s relatively light on violence so that could be counter to it coming this year. Still think it could happen though since TFP did

I heard that this guy didn’t have good things to say. I’m too lazy to listen of course.

I heard that this guy didn’t have good things to say. I’m too lazy to listen of course.

Yeah he said it wasn’t that good but it was the only video I could find with test screening reviews. *side track here * Personally I don’t think his opinion will matter since I’ve liked all of JP’s films.

Yeah he said it wasn’t that good but it was the only video I could find with test screening reviews. *side track here * Personally I don’t think his opinion will matter since I’ve liked all of JP’s films.

Well, it’s not being directed by him but yes it seems like he had a hand. I think both his movies so far have been quality—didn’t love Get Out as much as everyone else does, but also liked Us more than many others.

I’m guessing it’ll be rated R?

Reactions: randomguesser
Yeah, I think he missed the entire point of Candyman in his video so..He's very much one of those alt-right "sjws ruin everything" kind of youtubers so I would disregard pretty much anything he has to say about Candyman.

Yeah the original Candyman had a ton of social messages so I’m not surprised by the new one. I know this isn’t a Candyman thread but pertaining to HHN…

I feel like the police brutality subplot could be a hindrance to it coming since Murdy seems to shy away from things like that(Get Out in ‘17). At the same time though the movie sounds like it could be a maze with the whole “Hive” idea in it and the multiple Candymen. I think TFP is the best point of comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.