The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the one thing that has me slightly doubting this rumor. No matter how much creative might try to convince marketing that it's a good idea...15 years later...yadda yadda yadda....

They're just going to get blank stares and hear..."Yah, but that was 15 years ago, and how to you even pronounce that. Can't we just slap a clown on it?"

I mean, as a whole event, sure. Marketing was a bit more important during those years when HHN was carrying UO. As an original house, especially as the event sells itself now, it's fine.

I mean, as a whole event, sure. Marketing was a bit more important during those years when HHN was carrying UO. As an original house, especially as the event sells itself now, it's fine.

Yeah, to add to Brian's train of thought, I don't think any of us are expecting TC to be the focus of the event, just a house and possibly a scare zone. They can still slap a clown on the event, but doing so has never taken away from any Original houses.

And, worse comes to worse, we can always show toddler Jack in TC so that we know where he got his magic powers of resurrection from (I kid, I kid)

Yeah, to add to Brian's train of thought, I don't think any of us are expecting TC to be the focus of the event, just a house and possibly a scare zone. They can still slap a clown on the event, but doing so has never taken away from any Original houses.

And, worse comes to worse, we can always show toddler Jack in TC so that we know where he got his magic powers of resurrection from (I kid, I kid)

I actually wasn't even thinking of TC in term of a house - I was thinking more along the lines of a zone possibly in San Francisco where you have more room for a stage and maybe perform rituals and such there.

I actually wasn't even thinking of TC in term of a house - I was thinking more along the lines of a zone possibly in San Francisco where you have more room for a stage and maybe perform rituals and such there.

I could sort of see this too, but God help us all if it's SF. Actual shows stop crowds and that has proven to be a major bottleneck area in the past. Somehow, I never had a horribly overcrowded run during Hellbilly Deluxe, but the two zones in that exact location before that were so bad that I avoided that area at all costs.

If they want to do an actual stage show, NY is usually the way to go as the streets are wide and there is plenty of room for the crowds to move. Heck, there might even be enough room there for a motorcycle

I reiterate.

I mean, yeah I'd be all for this 100% and spend some of my nights perusing the zones exclusively. But I'd be pretty surprised if they went "all-in" on having Terra Cruentus inhabit all their zones. But I sure hope so.

Man I wish I knew what any of you were talking about.

Icon for HHN 15. At the end of HHN 15 they did a sacrificial ceremony and it was said that the Terra Queen would return in 15 years - which would be this year. IF they brought her back, some like myself would see it as a pretty cool fulfillment of a prophecy set about 15 years ago.

You're suggesting TC isn't returning this year?
He said he sees it as equal as Billie Eilish.
What does that mean? A show?
Different conversations.

My Terra Cruentus in the streets Wishful Thinking relates to the immediate conversation about how TC should/could be done in the Studios. Nothing more. Nothing less.

A previous conversation asked which rumor I thought was more likely: Terra or Billie Eilish. At this point, and from where I’m sitting, both feel equally probable. As in, the rumors for both still feel accurate with nothing making me think they’re not occurring.

Different conversations.

My Terra Cruentus in the streets Wishful Thinking relates to the immediate conversation about how TC should/could be done in the Studios. Nothing more. Nothing less.

A previous conversation asked which rumor I thought was more likely: Terra or Billie Eilish. At this point, and from where I’m sitting, both feel equally probable. As in, the rumors for both still feel accurate with nothing making me think they’re not occurring.

Of the two, the Billie rumor feels more out of the blue/WTFish. TC makes more sense because of the 15 years cycle, 30th anniversary, yadda yadda. Won’t be surprised to see that both end up happening

Speaking of Orlando having to do a property because Hollywood wants it, how come Hollywood doesn’t take on more of Orlando’s original concepts? I know The Director and Jack have appeared at HHNH, but why hasn’t Hollywood attempted more in house stories based on Orland’s backlog?

Of the two, the Billie rumor feels more out of the blue/WTFish. TC makes more sense because of the 15 years cycle, 30th anniversary, yadda yadda. Won’t be surprised to see that both end up happening

Speaking of Orlando having to do a property because Hollywood wants it, how come Hollywood doesn’t take on more of Orlando’s original concepts? I know The Director and Jack have appeared at HHNH, but why hasn’t Hollywood attempted more in house stories based on Orland’s backlog?
Originals and IPs are different. We have to do a Universal IP since Hollywood wants it. Original are a different case. The Director and Jack showed up in Hollywood, I don’t recall that?

Reactions: ChaseTuff

It's purely a John Murdy thing.. he feels the focus for HHNH should be on IPs and he's actually publicly rejected the idea of doing Orlando's concepts before, acknowledging Jack and Director was more of a marketing thing for those years.. I remember he actually took offense one time at being asked about Orlando's mazes saying "I will do more original mazes when I get the chance, but I will not recycle others' work"..

Yep. Purely Murdy.

Whereas Orlando develops by committee, and strives to let the creativity and art of the event speak for itself, Murdy approaches it from a "which celebrity can I hang out with this year," mentality.

I was always under impression that the Terra Queen, and Terra Cruentas for that matter, was thought to be too convoluted for the GP - so they conjured up a simple Storyteller icon.
I think Terra Queen would be a fine icon/mascot for the event this year...Almost like Bone was for HHN 27

The interconnected theme of each land isn't necessary in my opinion

I am one that just wants to see Terra Queen get her due, give the marketing to Jack, the Ips what they are, the originals what they are but make Terra Cruentas and Terra Queen come back in just one house, not a scarezone, just one house, one house that culminate everything that 15 offered, even of course a little homage to The Storyteller because it would make sense, you can't just can't write her off from the HHN 15 when she was big in the marketing for it, but not big of an icon status as what the Terra Queen could have been. That's all I want, if the rumors seem very equal, I don't mind kids getting their Eillish show, while I can go enjoy being in Terra Cruentas more than once lol.

Reactions: Kadath and JasR321
And, since, the first 9 are all solved... here’s clue ten.

View attachment 11727

It’s hard. Good luck.

New guesses. @Legacy said it would be hard, so I'm taking a slightly different path.

* As far as I can see, the clue can lead through The Far Side, Gary Larson, Midvale, or the site of the article. I'm going all in on site of the article here.
* This specific snapshot is from 2nd First Look website (we all know that by now).
* I'm thinking everything else about the pic posted (The Far Side, Gary Larson, and Midvale) is irrelevant, which leaves us just the site.
* Some have looked at the date the article was written, but I'm going to try a different direction.
* The Date I'm going to use in in the "About" section on that website. Founded by Jav Rivera and Lisa Adamowicz Kless, the site launched on 10-15-10.
* Looking at 10-15-10 I have two directions to go:

IP DIRECTION (most likely)
* Looking at horror articles from date range 10-14-10 through 10-16-10, I stumbled across this one from the exact date I need 10-15-10 (https://www.popmatters.com/132282-p...changed-modern-horror-forever-2496124450.html).
* That's it. My guess is a return of PSYCHO House.

ORIGINAL DIRECTION (less likely)
* The horror movies released on 10-15-10 were minimal, but there was a movie called Forest of the Living Dead released on that day (Bel Air Film Festival).
* The American version of that film is called The Forest.
* My guess in this case is an ORIGINAL MAZE based on a FOREST concept (kind of like Scarecrow: The Reaping with all the corn stalks, but with dense trees).

So those are my 2 guesses for the night going this route. Psycho IP or Forest original.

Status
Not open for further replies.