Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on the subject of the Classic Monsters, I’m wondering what they could do with a house starring the Bride, like rumored. Throw the Brides of Dracula into the mix and that’s easy to see.

Also, don't forget there was an Invisible Woman as well as She-Wolf - not technically "Brides", but it could certainly be UCFM with all the females associated with Classic Monsters. Just spitballing here.

@Legacy —are you still hearing/thinking zone?
As somebody who truly loves this movie I do not understand why everybody wants to see it as a house or zone so bad? Sure the movies semi creepy but there’s not any major set pieces like Ghostbusters. And ghostbusters was a fun house and all but overall it was one of the weakest houses of the year.

As somebody who truly loves this movie I do not understand why everybody wants to see it as a house or zone so bad? Sure the movies semi creepy but there’s not any major set pieces like Ghostbusters. And ghostbusters was a fun house and all but overall it was one of the weakest houses of the year.
There are plenty of big set-pieces... you just have to be clever in how you design them.

I think the Beetlejuice set pieces are far superior to Ghostbuster tbh. Beetlejuice himself. Snakehead Beetlejuice. Shrunkenhead dude. Sandworms. The different creatures the bride & groom try to be. Old & dying bride & groom. The creepy minister dude. The receptionist. The undead looking football player. Ghostbusters just didn't have much to work with, which lent itself to being a pretty boring house imo.

Not that I'm looking to open up the "Bill Eilish" conversation again, but this article was just posted on my go-to horror site with some really great examples.

I'd particularly like to point everyone to the anime inspired video (which I'd never seen before) and the Bury a Friend live performance. Just good examples of what kind of visuals we might see with a fountain show.

There are plenty of big set-pieces... you just have to be clever in how you design them.

This sold me I actually forgot what a variety of characters there are in the movie!

I think the Beetlejuice set pieces are far superior to Ghostbuster tbh. Beetlejuice himself. Snakehead Beetlejuice. Shrunkenhead dude. Sandworms. The different creatures the bride & groom try to be. Old & dying bride & groom. The creepy minister dude. The receptionist. The undead looking football player. Ghostbusters just didn't have much to work with, which lent itself to being a pretty boring house imo.
It would be cool if they designed the house to go through the miniature section. I always loved the fly being lured over by the zagnut bar and taken out by Beetlejuice.

That snakehead beetlejuice used to scare the poop out of me as a child.

6a00d8345295c269e20153909b1f29970b_800wi.jpg

f695f0ae6bca302f2824b3ae0e1fd787.gif

I think I've figured out why (for me) GB didn't work and KK did (and BJ could): in the former, the heroes were the "proactive" ones (i.e. the ones making scene-worthy things happen); whereas the latter, the villains were the "proactive" ones. Does that make sense?

I still would like no more than 3 family/comedy houses, but still.

I think I've figured out why (for me) GB didn't work and KK did (and BJ could): in the former, the heroes were the "proactive" ones (i.e. the ones making scene-worthy things happen); whereas the latter, the villains were the "proactive" ones. Does that make sense?

I still would like no more than 3 family/comedy houses, but still.

I just thought GB was very bland with extremely minimal scares - they had to have to Ghostbusters themselves come out from a boo hole to get any startles. I thought the still scene of them corralling slimmer looked really generic. They tried to introduce ghosts that weren't even in the movie because they didn't have enough material. The Gozer scene on the alter was okay looking but nothing special. And the Stay Puft scene was super quick and bland. The only parts I liked were the initial walk through the library, the office with Janine, and some of the Terror Dogs popping out. I thought HHN 29 overall was a really good year, but GB was continually the worst house imo (and the groups I went with all had it in their lower half).

I agree to limiting the family/comedy houses. While Beetlejuice could be classified as such, I think there is A LOT more material for them to draw from to make it scarier than people are thinking. I know there were complaints about HHN 29 being too "light" and not hardcore enough, but not sure I agree with that as Corpses, Nightingales, Graveyard, UM, and Depths all had some pretty intense moments imo. Regardless, I think Uni will make this year a little darker and intense overall.

I just thought GB was very bland with extremely minimal scares - they had to have to Ghostbusters themselves come out from a boo hole to get any startles. I thought the still scene of them corralling slimmer looked really generic. They tried to introduce ghosts that weren't even in the movie because they didn't have enough material. The Gozer scene on the alter was okay looking but nothing special. And the Stay Puft scene was super quick and bland. The only parts I liked were the initial walk through the library, the office with Janine, and some of the Terror Dogs popping out. I thought HHN 29 overall was a really good year, but GB was continually the worst house imo (and the groups I went with all had it in their lower half).

I agree to limiting the family/comedy houses. While Beetlejuice could be classified as such, I think there is A LOT more material for them to draw from to make it scarier than people are thinking. I know there were complaints about HHN 29 being too "light" and not hardcore enough, but not sure I agree with that as Corpses, Nightingales, Graveyard, UM, and Depths all had some pretty intense moments imo. Regardless, I think Uni will make this year a little darker and intense overall.

These are virtually my thoughts on GB to the t. The scene with Janine, while I did appreciate the ad libbing allowed, demonstrated how the house relied on the protagonists.

And I completely agree that there were several very overlooked houses in terms of intensity. All four originals were up to the standard of intensity I want to see at HHN. :)

So, who's down for a Catacombs sequel this year? :lol:

Last edited:
These are virtually my thoughts on GB to the t. The scene with Janine, while I did appreciate the ad libbing allowed, demonstrated how the house relied on the protagonists.

And I completely agree that there were several very overlooked houses in terms of intensity. All four originals were up to the standard of intensity I want to see at HHN. :)

So, who's down for a Catacombs sequel this year? :lol:

Love it. You give me 4 strong IPs like Conjuring, Candyman, Beetlejuice, and Creepshow, a 1/2 and 1/2 with UCM Brides, and some great sequels to historic originals like Scarecrow the Reaping, Catacombs BDR, Legendary Truth, HR Bloodengutz HoH, and Body Collectors/TC along with a long, detailed mash-up anniversary house? And you'll find me there at least a dozen times over the 2 month period.

Do most Soundstage houses have 30 live performers? This concept has 30 performers PLUS puppeteers.

How many were on each Ghostbusters' cast for comparison sake?

EDIT: Approx. 16 live actors and 6 puppets for Ghostbusters.

Last edited:
To say about the idea of bringing Jack to all four parks..yeah, I can see it if it's a decision not being made by the creatives, but by marketing.

Jack for all intents, is a strange Mickey Mouse of HHN, and if IT isn't coming, and if they want something simple to headline the marketing approach considering the crazy mixture of rumored IPs this year, it'd work well.

Plus, as others have mentioned, Singapore has used Jack quite a few times throughout the past decade, and I could see Japan taking Jack in more openly than we expect (even if he's a bit more toned down for JP). I would find it funny though, for Hollywood to be forced to use an Icon again after all these years.

To say about the idea of bringing Jack to all four parks..yeah, I can see it if it's a decision not being made by the creatives, but by marketing.

Jack for all intents, is a strange Mickey Mouse of HHN, and if IT isn't coming, and if they want something simple to headline the marketing approach considering the crazy mixture of rumored IPs this year, it'd work well.

Plus, as others have mentioned, Singapore has used Jack quite a few times throughout the past decade, and I could see Japan taking Jack in more openly than we expect (even if he's a bit more toned down for JP). I would find it funny though, for Hollywood to be forced to use an Icon again after all these years.

Hasn't James played Beetlejuice? We could have three characters this year (Jack, Beetlejuice, and Eelmouth) he's played in the past.

Anyone else feel that they wouldn't do two paranormal themed houses. I would love to see a new version of Legendary Truth with modern technology but if they're rumored to do Conjuring; I don't see them doing two houses based off paranormal.

Status
Not open for further replies.