The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 219 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew!

Funny though, to me Creepshow had MIB tent written all over it. And since that’s one of the earliest constructed houses, I kinda thought they’d keep it. Maybe Billie takes over there?
I agree, MIB seemed like the ideal location for Creepshow. I don’t know how I feel about giving her a whole house. I would rather have her where RZ was at last year as a scarezone.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Holy crap, imagine Beetlejuice and The Gremlins together in one commercial? That be crazy if they’re true!

Reactions: Kadath
So that would mean:

IPs:
- Billie(Zone or Lagoon)
- Gremlins
- Beetlejuice
- Hill House
- UCM: The Bride(s)

Originals:
- TC
- likely Anniversary House
- Legendary Truth
- the rest are ???

Reactions: CoopF22
So that would mean:

IPs:
- Billie(Zone or Lagoon)
- Gremlins
- Beetlejuice
- Hill House
- UCM: The Bride(s)

Originals:
- TC
- likely Anniversary House
- Legendary Truth
- the rest are ???
It’s the big 30 and I would be surprised if Scarecrow isn’t in that line up. Maybe in a anniversary house or a solo house. I would consider it a fan favorite for sure.

There’s more.

I figured as such, though it seemed like they had settled on a nice formula with 5/5. I'll be okay, not thrilled, with four originals not counting UCM. Three originals--specifically a kitchen sink anniversary house, a repeat house (Scarecrow) and a comedy house (Holidayz*) would be worst case for me besides...y'know.

CAOS?

*Not to disrespect Hollywood because in a vacuum I would take it but if we're only allowed three or four originals then I'd like something not repeated from either coast nor a comedy house.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHNManics
Gremlins and Beetlejuice houses (If the BJ change is going from zone to house) would be quite the 1-2 punch from an IP perspective. Those should be the first ones announced. These could slide right into the Ghostbusters/Klowns roles from last year. I like the idea of having houses with different scare levels so newcomers can work their way up. I hope these come true.
Absolutely! And both have very different vibes, despite both being more comedic in nature. I can imagine that Beetlejuice will be more like Klowns while Gremlins will be like Ghostbusters. Beetlejuice can rely on outrageous colors and the wild set pieces while Gremlins will use puppets like in GB.

Hearing about Gremlins is the best news I've had all week.

I have been an advocate for a Gremlins house for a LONG time. Funny people that people are comparing it to Ghostbusters.
I like to assume after the out cry and Gsats for GB last year that they will make the Gremlins house a bit more scary then GB was. Don't get me wrong (please hold your Tomatoes) I thought GB was at least in my top 3 house slot last year. I won't get into why I loved it so much but it's level of immersion for me was crazy.

Anyway, Can't wait for Gremlins, even though last years event would have been a better place for it.
Does this mean some WB properties are on the table now that Gremlins is basically confirmed?

*Not to disrespect Hollywood because in a vacuum I would take it but if we're only allowed three or four originals then I'd like something not repeated from either coast nor a comedy house.
The likelihood you’ll see Orlando take on a Hollywood original again (considering they’ve only really done it once with La Llorona) is slim. They don’t share ideas in that way, and the current team has enough creativity to not need Hollywood’s original ideas (which are, typically, budget efforts).
Hearing about Gremlins is the best news I've had all week.

I have been an advocate for a Gremlins house for a LONG time. Funny people that people are comparing it to Ghostbusters.
I like to assume after the out cry and Gsats for GB last year that they will make the Gremlins house a bit more scary then GB was. Don't get me wrong (please hold your Tomatoes) I thought GB was at least in my top 3 house slot last year. I won't get into why I loved it so much but it's level of immersion for me was crazy.

Anyway, Can't wait for Gremlins, even though last years event would have been a better place for it.
Does this mean some WB properties are on the table now that Gremlins is basically confirmed?
Nothing is confirmed until it’s confirmed.

Okay, in all seriousness:
This is a picture of Dark Wing Duck clearly drawn as a real duck. This is done by Mike Mitchell via the Daily What.

Status
Not open for further replies.