Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you ranking the unconfirmed? I’ve already said I don’t think the spec map is correct. I’m hearing conflicting info. That conflicting info relates to specifics, as well as entire houses. If one of the other IPs I’m hearing is true, your whole list will change. If a couple of the details I’m hearing are true, your whole list will change.
I'm down to continue working on clues if you're down to continue providing them and, on the more difficult ones (like the last three) maybe providing a little nudge in the right direction or at least acknowledgment when somebody is "getting warmer". Whaddaya say? I mean a bunch of us are quarantined, so some of us have a lot of free time right now. And, as you say, there are a few you're hearing about that contradict this map, and we haven't even done potential scare zones other than Beeetlejuice (which seems to be a house now).

Am I the only one who is bouncing off walls for Sabrina? I am STOKED to see that one!
Definitely seems like it, which is a bummer. It has MAJOR potential. Granted, it's all just speculation, so I can't get my hopes up until Uni confirms anything.
Same! I’m so excited to see certain scenes!

sabrina is tricky because they could go really scary or they can go tame depending on what they wanna lean on. when they show itself came out, it had a little bit of a small backlash because of the satanic imagery. people were expecting a lighter kind of show. the show has grown on its own now.
uni has a lot to work with, there are definitely a lot of stuff. its gonna be interesting to see how dark they push this house.

I think this has great potential to be a great year. Beattlejuice and Gremlins being classic IPs. I believe Sabrina and Ellish will be very dark mazes. I think some people aren't giving Ellish a chance due to fear of being different then most maze ideas and the younger crowd that could be there. The originals are from what I have seen on this forum what we want with both throwbacks on dungeon of terror and terra cruentus. just IMO

well who is the audience for billie? the more i look into her stuff the more it feels like it will be a light experimental house. i cant imagine a dark house. im not saying it wont be great, and her videos have a lot of dark elements, but her music is so soft, her fanbase so young, i doubt they would make a terrifying house, or super scary. i cant imagine. people complained about ghostbusters last year, for being too light, and that house had demons and ghosts and big scary puppets....

When IS the facebook group happy? I remember posting about an idea for a nautical themed house only for a man to call me an idiot because they already did that a couple of years back as a scarezone. I was laughing when Depths was announced.
The facebook group is just toxicity multiplied.
I think the lineup looks great! Then again, I've been hoping for a Beetlejuice house since I went opening night of 28

fb group can be good for hhn pictures and reviews, but i dont like that you get insulted, rude people insult you for posting. facebook in general is a toxic website.

The question is where does Spec go from here? We've got two spec maps full of pretty much everything we could possibly know this early, Legacy has expressed disinterest in continuing clues because of them, and actual announcements are pushed back for the foreseeable future so even if we had a wildcard like Nightingales or a big mistake like Pumpkinhead in the lineup we won't know for quite a bit. At this point I don't see why we shouldn't be able to make Anticipation lists to see where everyone is standing with the current rumors. Even if they aren't even close to reality, it's kinda all people have to talk about at the moment, and people have a lot more free time right now than they did three weeks ago.

I get the sentiment behind it, don't get too attached/upset about the maps cause they're almost never accurate, but I also get why people are talking about it. Is there another avenue for people to point spec towards at this point?

The question is where does Spec go from here? We've got two spec maps full of pretty much everything we could possibly know this early, Legacy has expressed disinterest in continuing clues because of them, and actual announcements are pushed back for the foreseeable future so even if we had a wildcard like Nightingales or a big mistake like Pumpkinhead in the lineup we won't know for quite a bit. At this point I don't see why we shouldn't be able to make Anticipation lists to see where everyone is standing with the current rumors. Even if they aren't even close to reality, it's kinda all people have to talk about at the moment, and people have a lot more free time right now than they did three weeks ago.

I get the sentiment behind it, don't get too attached/upset about the maps cause they're almost never accurate, but I also get why people are talking about it. Is there another avenue for people to point spec towards at this point?
Where does spec go from? The short answer is: Nowhere. It’s a big reason why I purposely try to not “confirm” a lot of stuff this early. Lists, maps, confirmation all kill spec, dead.

So, why don’t we move on to “Anticipation?” Because nothing is confirmed. I’m hearing whole other houses that could replace stuff on that map. Which means you’re anticipating an event based on a good bit of wishful thinking. And that’s a different thread.

Which means you’re anticipating an event based on a good bit of wishful thinking. And that’s a different thread.

giphy.gif

My anticipation rankings based on the provided list fully understanding it’s not 100%
1. Gremlins
2. Sabrina
3. Bedtime Stories
4. Beetlejuice
5. Bride
6. Terra
7. Dungeon
8. Billie
9. Hill house
10. LT

How dare you have this opinion and anticipate LT to be last!

Aware this is an unpopular opinion but... I'm SO excited if this is the lineup. Honestly don't know what to expect from the non-IPs as a newbie to this event, but the IPs are really exciting for me! imo the slashers are a bit overplayed so I'm happy we don't seem to have any of those (wouldn't mind a themed scarezone tho...), and Gremlins is definitely horror. Beetlejuice and Billie could be both very visually impressive (especially excited to see how they translate her music videos), and Sabrina adds a veeeeery intriguing Satanist theme - I'm looking forward to seeing how far they push it. UCM brides is also really exciting, cannot wait to see how they handle them! Can't speak on Hill House but otherwise imo its an EXTREMELY solid lineup. Bring it on!!! :grin:

C’mon guys.... how many times do we have to say this regarding Coronavirus? When something is officially impacted, discuss away. Until then, let’s not try to fill every damn thread with the same question over and over.

Everything is a rumor until it isn’t
Can we also call for a kibosh on "when are we getting an announcement" posts?

I’ve heard conflicting rumors about one. The other one as soon as I heard about it I knew it wouldn’t happen due to reasons, these reasons should be apparent to any HHN fan of the last 3 years.
Well, since the massive influx of teenagers over the last 3 years, and assuming that Uni would prefer some sort of "educated and responsible social distancing" that many teenagers seem incapable of, making Eilish a house in an effort to lure said teenagers to the event may not be the best idea this particular year.

Well, since the massive influx of teenagers over the last 3 years, and assuming that Uni would prefer some sort of "educated and responsible social distancing" that many teenagers seem incapable of, making Eilish a house in an effort to lure said teenagers to the event may not be the best idea this particular year.
Universal is a company. Mass teenagers bring in mass money. If I had to guess billie is going nowhere.

I’m not a huge Billie fan but the idea of music houses have always sparked a interest in me for the sole fact of how it’s universals job to get creative with it to make it a house. Right now I’m picturing a asylum with black eye oozing billies and for me that seems way better then any Blumhouse house

Universal is a company. Mass teenagers bring in mass money. If I had to guess billie is going nowhere.
I was responding to Nute who seemed to intimated that, out of Sabrina and BE, he's hearing conflicting reports about one and knows the other isn't coming due to reasons apparent over the last 3 years. My response is my guess as to why BE wouldn't be coming this year now with the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.