The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 240 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand all of the Sabrina hate. I feel like most people who are hating on it haven't seen it/have a false idea of what it is like. I would say that it has great potential for the event with all of the Satanic and gothic elements. If Rob Zombie could have satanic, then Sabrina should be able to have it.

Everyone's being too privileged with the IPs. Stop whining if you don't like the houses then don't go to the event. It's a simple as that. Don't complain and ruin it for the people who are excited about the event. The event will be great no matter what. You're gonna have a good time, so stop nitpicking and just look forward to the event.

I'm sorry if this comes off as mean and rude, but I'm excited about the event and don't want people to ruin it for me. I'm relatively new to horror, and just want to learn/watch more horror stuff. I'm not too picky about new horror IPs.

The musical that’s unlikely to reopen before it closes for The Music Man?

And Hot Topic isn’t exactly the paragon of “horror.” I‘m sure hanging right next to Beetlejuice is Jack Skellington.
Closing a musical because of theater operators being biased isn’t the same as a property with no demand.
And since when does a property have to be in an exclusively horror store to be considered successful? Heck, that Jack Skellington is right next to a Fred Krueger plushie and a Xenomorph.

Reactions: tankart150
I don't understand all of the Sabrina hate. I feel like most people who are hating on it haven't seen it/have a false idea of what it is like. I would say that it has great potential for the event with all of the Satanic and gothic elements. If Rob Zombie could have satanic, then Sabrina should be able to have it.

Everyone's being too privileged with the IPs. Stop whining if you don't like the houses then don't go to the event. It's a simple as that. Don't complain and ruin it for the people who are excited about the event. The event will be great no matter what. You're gonna have a good time, so stop nitpicking and just look forward to the event.

I'm sorry if this comes off as mean and rude, but I'm excited about the event and don't want people to ruin it for me. I'm relatively new to horror, and just want to learn/watch more horror stuff. I'm not too picky about new horror IPs.

Disagree. People are allowed to express their disinterest and desire for a better event as much as you are allowed to express your excitement. There are more ways to demonstrate a lack of enthusiasm than just boycotting.

Disagree. People are allowed to express their disinterest and desire for a better event as much as you are allowed to express your excitement. There are more ways to demonstrate a lack of enthusiasm than just boycotting.
I'm not saying that you can't express your disinterest and opinions in the event. It just seems like the only thing being posted here is very negative. It's not helping the overall approach towards the event. It seems like everyone is thinking that the event will not a good one. I just think all of this criticism belongs on a different thread. This is speculation, not criticism.

I'm not saying that you can't express your disinterest and opinions in the event. It just seems like the only thing being posted here is very negative. It's not helping the overall approach towards the event. It seems like everyone is thinking that the event will not a good one. I just think all of this criticism belongs on a different thread. This is speculation, not criticism.

It is speculation, not "tell everyone else how to act." Also not "get excited or go away."

I’ve only seen season 1 so far, but let me tell you there is a lot they can use from that season alone. They got the corn maze scene, the tree scene, the dream episode, the church, the school, the mine scene, the Christmas episode and much more.

Reactions: rinacee
IP's do matter, but a lot of the IP's were forgettable that year and I would guess that people remember Jack and the carnival font on all of the merch, not the Purge or TWD. It was also the year they returned American Werewolf in London, so if they need IP this year, why not bring back a best of IP houses? You could link the Storyteller by saying these are the best horror stories ever told.

True, but another point would be they need The Conjuring, Halloween, etc. Either go big or go home, because Gremlins and Beetlejuice aren't going to save attendance numbers if that's what they're aiming to do. So I'm saying, place those in their back pocket for another year so that they can save the $ on IP use and use them as a wildcard for another year where maybe it will matter. I believe "30" will sell just as much as those two IP's as the "headliners" this particular year.

An anniversary year will sell merch to the longtime HHN fan, but if they want to continue to grow they’re not the only people they need to cater to.

Reactions: soilsigh and Legacy
If they’re not doing Gremlins, is it maybe because they want to save it for another year since we already have a “family-friendly” IP in Beetlejuice?
That's what I would try and do if I were them. The front half of the park last year was definitely bogged down a little by having all of the more "Horror-lite" IPs in one place at the same time. (GB, Klownz, ST, Us).

Status
Not open for further replies.