Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't think Candyboi is happening, but to play Devil's Advocate, we've had plenty of properties that haven't been released appear, especially Universal properties like Insidious Last Key and Happy Death Day.
I could be making stuff up, but I recall either Legacy or someone else hinting that Candyman was literally never even considered. Super interesting considering Candyman was on everyone’s mind for so long.

I just want Tony Todd’s voice in a house one day :(

unrelated to previous discussions, but i’m really interested in how everything going on right now will affect the future of HHN. take, for example, H1N1. it wasn’t until 2010 when that outbreak was on a major decline that anything zombie-related came back to the event. i wonder if something like that’s going to happen on a slightly larger scale once this pandemic is over.
I had this thought earlier today that if Storyteller was the icon, maybe Bedtime Stories isn’t about Tooth Fairy or a rehashed Scary Tales. We know the least about her out of all the icons, so what if this is actually her origin house?
this is actually a really interesting idea considering there are actually some vague clues given to what exactly her backstory is. in the sweet 16 video, she’s seen teleporting and making a sink malfunction. this implies that she has at least some knowledge of witchcraft or magic. during HHN 20, the actresses playing her were instructed to get violent if guests asked for her backstory.

giving the very basic clues we already know, there’s a couple different routes for her origin to go. she could be a demon or spirit, a murderer who gets into witchcraft ala charles lee ray, or even a victim who appeared at the wrong place at the wrong time. i at least hope the team at UO has at least thought about these possibilities.

Last edited:
unrelated to previous discussions, but i’m really interested in how everything going on right now will affect the future of HHN. take, for example, H1N1. it wasn’t until 2010 when that outbreak was on a major decline that anything zombie-related came back to the event. i wonder if something like that’s going to happen on a slightly larger scale once this pandemic is over.
The H1N1 Pandemic occurred in 2009.

2008 - Dead Exposure (zombies)
2009 - War of the Living Dead (zombies)
2010 - Zombiegeddon and Zombie Gras

That said, unless they had something explicitly pandemic or plague themed, there’s no reason to change anything.

The H1N1 Pandemic occurred in 2009.

2008 - Dead Exposure (zombies)
2009 - War of the Living Dead (zombies)
2010 - Zombiegeddon and Zombie Gras

That said, unless they had something explicitly pandemic or plague themed, there’s no reason to change anything.
i see. i somehow completely forgot about war of the living dead...see guys this is why thorough research is REQUIRED before spouting off stuff :thud:

I doubt they'll fully get rid of zombies in HHN30 because of this but there will probably be changes like getting rid of the SIFs due to hygienic issues. You never know though...

I don't think that will be the case, we'll get zombies again eventually just not this year I'm sure, I'd love for another zombies house or zone but honestly I feel a bit burned out from seeing zombies at the event, as much as I would want them, I'd like to see them take a break and go for other stuff this year. I would like to see more paranormal and other stuff of horror being brought to the event.

Last edited:

this is actually a really interesting idea considering there are actually some vague clues given to what exactly her backstory is. in the sweet 16 video, she’s seen teleporting and making a sink malfunction. this implies that she has at least some knowledge of witchcraft or magic. during HHN 20, the actresses playing her were instructed to get violent if guests asked for her backstory.

giving the very basic clues we already know, there’s a couple different routes for her origin to go. she could be a demon or spirit, a murderer who gets into witchcraft ala charles lee ray, or even a victim who appeared at the wrong place at the wrong time. i at least hope the team at UO has at least thought about these possibilities.

I like these ideas for Storyteller.. Given her books motif and love for discipline and following rules, also from the Sweet 16 era, I personally think she was a librarian at some point in her life as well..

I'd also heard about a pumpkin house of some kind. Also did hear a rumour about a slasher that might be coming. They mentioned it in the LA thread too. I'm not an insider or anything, just comb through everything I can find daily. I can definitely be wrong.

Last edited:
Huh. Interesting. So where the heck did this earthquake zombies and this pumpkin king come from? Just offhand rumors I'm assuming? (Again, sorry if it's been previously answered my internet is giving me trouble so it's hard

Out-of-left-field guess, but current season of TWD
involved a subplot of characters trapped in a cave by zombies.
It's a stretch, but I could see confusing those two concepts. I never truly beleive TWD is gone until I've walked the event and confirmed there's no trace.

I talked to one of my friends about the Pumpkin King thing and they also said it reminded them of Twisted Tradition. That would be a really interesting concept to bring back. The old traditions of Halloween turning evil just writes itself as a house.

"The Hallow." HHN 18. Was top 10 GOAT for me. Like a lot of you I could see setting a spiritual sequel in Carey.

Status
Not open for further replies.