The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 249 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marketing has no idea what the house lineup is.
“Marketing” knows.

The social media team, by now, likely has a good idea.

Just like “Entertainment” division includes several departments (A&D, Wardrobe, Make-up, Tech, etc), “Marketing” has several departments (Advertising, Social Media, Content, etc). The sub departments get the information as they need them.

Out-of-left-field guess, but current season of TWD
involved a subplot of characters trapped in a cave by zombies.
It's a stretch, but I could see confusing those two concepts. I never truly beleive TWD is gone until I've walked the event and confirmed there's no trace.

"The Hallow." HHN 18. Was top 10 GOAT for me. Like a lot of you I could see setting a spiritual sequel in Carey.

Wonderful, wonderful house. So underrated.

Reactions: SeventyOne
"The Hallow." HHN 18. Was top 10 GOAT for me. Like a lot of you I could see setting a spiritual sequel in Carey.
Wonderful, wonderful house. So underrated.

22 was my first year, so I never got to experience it. That's why I'm really hoping for another house in a similar vain.

Regarding speculation, does anyone know what's up with Eilish? What exactly her role is is jumping around like crazy, and I don't know if it's just conflicting rumors or actual changes.
If I recall correctly, the story was that A&D didn't want to do Eilish as a house so they made it a show? Did marketing or whoever just force it back into a house, or is everyone just jumping the gun by assuming the change happened?
Personally I would kind of love to see her helping to design a house. I guess I am pretty close to her demographic so I'll probably just get shut down, but I think her visuals lend themselves really well to a house.

EDIT - Sorry for all the questions. That situation just has me confused af

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
“Marketing” knows.

The social media team, by now, likely has a good idea.

Just like “Entertainment” division includes several departments (A&D, Wardrobe, Make-up, Tech, etc), “Marketing” has several departments (Advertising, Social Media, Content, etc). The sub departments get the information as they need them.
But I also feel as though dissecting social media posts is pretty much a waste of time rn.

Just to stir up some discussion, let's talk Bedtime Stories. That one was rumored for a while last year as Tooth Fairy but got cut last minute. What could they do with that premise?

To me, all of the traditional bedtime stories fall into the camp of Scary Tales, but, despite the name, the Tooth Fairy doesn't really mesh perfectly with the theme of traditional Fairy Tales perfectly. Even the later expansions of the concept including Oz and Itsy Bitsy Spider still feel more cohesive than a Tooth Fairy room. However if I try to think of similar childhood cryptids a la Tooth Fairy, most are Holidayz in Hell material like Easter Bunny or Santa, or stuff like Bloody Mary (Candyman anyone? ;))

Tooth Fairy doesn't fit perfectly into either of the two house ideas which makes me think she could hold an awesome house all by herself, but it's strange to think that supposedly wasn't the case and that she was actually going to just be a small part in a larger themed ensemble. In that case, who could the others have possibly been?

Are we gonna see a Little Golden Books house in Bedtime Stories? Is the Poky Little Puppy gonna return as a Poky Little Hellhound? These are the questions.

Also before anyone says anything, I know this one isn't confirmed and we shouldn't expect anything etc etc. This is just as much a question about last years as it is this year, and as it has been thrown into the spec pot for this year I think it's fair game to speculate what it could possibly be about.

Just to stir up some discussion, let's talk Bedtime Stories. That one was rumored for a while last year as Tooth Fairy but got cut last minute. What could they do with that premise?

To me, all of the traditional bedtime stories fall into the camp of Scary Tales, but, despite the name, the Tooth Fairy doesn't really mesh perfectly with the theme of traditional Fairy Tales perfectly. Even the later expansions of the concept including Oz and Itsy Bitsy Spider still feel more cohesive than a Tooth Fairy room. However if I try to think of similar childhood cryptids a la Tooth Fairy, most are Holidayz in Hell material like Easter Bunny or Santa, or stuff like Bloody Mary (Candyman anyone? ;))

Honestly I feel like she’d be perfect in a Tooth Fairy/Boogeyman/Easter Bunny/Santa type of house since those are all childhood urban legends.

What throws Tooth Fairy off in my opinion is that it was described last year as Del Toro style and Victorian, which makes me wonder how that fits into a mashup house. I almost feel like she’d be better solo

Honestly I feel like she’d be perfect in a Tooth Fairy/Boogeyman/Easter Bunny/Santa type of house since those are all childhood urban legends.

What throws Tooth Fairy off in my opinion is that it was described last year as Del Toro style and Victorian, which makes me wonder how that fits into a mashup house. I almost feel like she’d be better solo

Legacy described it as “Del Toro-esque.” So I could see it as an original take on Pan’s Labrynth.

Reactions: SeventyOne
purely judging by HHN’s official collaboration with del toro (hollywood’s crimson peak semi-adaptation), i can imagine the tooth fairy’s outpost/hiding spot evoking some heavy victorian gothic designs, as well

He said that the tooth fairy was a "huge creature." So I'm picturing TF as the Angel of Death from Hellboy II.

Status
Not open for further replies.