The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 250 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So id say the safe bets for this year are Beetlejuice, Haunting of Hill House, Uni Monsters: The Bride(s), and some kind of involvement from Billie Eilish
Speaking of which, I saw the speculation map, and I'm confused about the sides of SS23. Beetlejuice will be on the same side Nightingales was on in 2011, which I thought was 23B, but I'm seeing some say it's 23A.

So id say the safe bets for this year are Beetlejuice, Haunting of Hill House, Uni Monsters: The Bride(s), and some kind of involvement from Billie Eilish

To follow up with this, on the originals side Terra Cruentes(HHN15), Dungeon of Terror, and a scrapped original from last year that involves the Tooth Fairy and other Bedtime Stories are all safe bets.

Reactions: Kadath
I'm bored but I'm not THAT bored.
Welcome to the forums! And yea, reading posts from November to now in a thread this active might cause you to go stir crazy faster than the quarantine will. :lol: Essentially, what we've got so far is this:

Over the past few months Legacy has heard multiple rumors and let us know about a few thru clues and such. People have compiled the rumors before, but it's been a bit so I'll post it once more, plus his thoughts on how likely it is (at the time of reveal, at least).

Confident is happening:
-Haunting of Hill House
-Bride(s) of Frankenstein (and Dracula?)
-Gremlins

Certain is happening in some form or another:

-Beetlejuice
-Billie Eilish
-Legendary Truth

Not confident either way:

-Jack Marketing
-Cafe La Bamba house location

Confident not happening:

-Doctor Who
-Candyman (Legacy has said he has not heard any rumors about Candyman, despite how often it is brought up by fans)
-Conjuring
-Chucky

Those and the two spec maps floating around are essentially the field we're playing on right now. Of course, the spec maps are never right the first few times, Legacy and other insiders can miss info or simply get stuff wrong, and in general an event with this tight of a deadline and this many companies working together with rights and licensing issues to work through is bound to have some issues come up from time to time. That's just the fun of spec. Nothing is set in stone until it's announced, and with all the insanity happening right now, announcements might be a little hard to come by for a bit while Uni waits for it all to blow over. This is looking to be a pretty interesting year overall. Hope this helps!

Welcome to the forums! And yea, reading posts from November to now in a thread this active might cause you to go stir crazy faster than the quarantine will. :lol: Essentially, what we've got so far is this:

Over the past few months Legacy has heard multiple rumors and let us know about a few thru clues and such. People have compiled the rumors before, but it's been a bit so I'll post it once more, plus his thoughts on how likely it is (at the time of reveal, at least).

Confident is happening:
-Haunting of Hill House
-Gremlins

-Beetlejuice
-Billie Eilish
-Legendary Truth

-Jack Marketing

Confident not happening:

-Doctor Who
-Candyman (Legacy has said he has not heard any rumors about Candyman, despite how often it is brought up by fans)
-Conjuring
-Chucky

Those and the two spec maps floating around are essentially the field we're playing on right now. Of course, the spec maps are never right the first few times, Legacy and other insiders can miss info or simply get stuff wrong, and in general an event with this tight of a deadline and this many companies working together with rights and licensing issues to work through is bound to have some issues come up from time to time. That's just the fun of spec. Nothing is set in stone until it's announced, and with all the insanity happening right now, announcements might be a little hard to come by for a bit while Uni waits for it all to blow over. This is looking to be a pretty interesting year overall. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much!

Reactions: GA-MBIT

Confident is happening:
-Haunting of Hill House
-Gremlins

-Beetlejuice
-Billie Eilish
-Legendary Truth

-Jack Marketing

Confident not happening:

-Doctor Who
-Conjuring
-Chucky

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought gremlins was more in the either way category?

Honestly I feel like she’d be perfect in a Tooth Fairy/Boogeyman/Easter Bunny/Santa type of house since those are all childhood urban legends.

I feel like as opposed to holiday characters, it’ll be more like those old-timey stories. The Boogeyman like you said, but also I could see stuff like Sandman, Hobgoblins, something involving the 3 goats and the bridge troll. Hell, you could even throw Bloody Mary, Jack The Ripper, Rip Van Winkle, maybe even The Legend of Sleepy Hollow or Krampus (I know that’s a holiday thing, but still) into the mix. Bedtime Stories have a super interesting culture that ties into urban legends, especially if you look at old English or even Celtic stories, that could translate into a pretty dang frightening house that wouldn’t have to be a Scary Tales clone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kadath and JMalez
When did IT get mentioned? IT still will fall under spec, I just don't see it happening for awhile and as much as I want Eddie to come back in Icon status, it's better said than happening even if they have Jack, icon or no, Eddie will still be just one of the icons used in the anniversary zone or house. If we don't get Sabrina or Gremlins, I'm fine, I mean we already have a comedy horror house Beetlejuice and a supernatural house in Haunting, they don't really need to add another Netflix house, give it time and bring it to the event later.

When did IT get mentioned? IT still will fall under spec, I just don't see it happening for awhile and as much as I want Eddie to come back in Icon status, it's better said than happening even if they have Jack, icon or no, Eddie will still be just one of the icons used in the anniversary zone or house. If we don't get Sabrina or Gremlins, I'm fine, I mean we already have a comedy horror house Beetlejuice and a supernatural house in Haunting, they don't really need to add another Netflix house, give it time and bring it to the event later.

I'm primarily interested in what "tier 2/3" IP we're rumored to get instead of Sabrina.

I'm primarily interested in what "tier 2/3" IP we're rumored to get instead of Sabrina.

From me, hopefully it's not another Netflix-related property lol and maybe an IP that should be at the event, I don't see Candyman coming, Invisible Man is dead in the water, Child's Play is a who knows type of thought, whatever it is, I'm sure it could be possibly worth the wait or a little blunder, but I'll keep open minded about it if it's something decent to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.