1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Halloween Horror Nights 30' started by Brian G., Nov 4, 2019.

1. Lucky Planet

Lucky Planet Veteran Member

They had like 3 scare areas, different mimes and clowns around the mummy area and central park. And others next to shrek.
    But the park had freakshow areas too. It had the robosaurus car thing,

Maybe they cant recreate 2007
    But there are so many props and things in storage, i wished they took stuff out to decorate the park.

I know the parade destroys any chance for having proper scarezones, but hhn 30 is the year to bring stuff up for the park. I wish they did the warehouse scarezone from 2010 in an area that doesnt go by the parade route
    That warehouse zone was so amazing too. Seeing all the props

Darko likes this.
  2. Darko

Darko Rookie

What is this 'Unholy Trinity' with which you speak?

3. Miller

Miller Newcomer

Idea of having the icons be Jack, Eddie, and Chance and them going at with each other.

4. Darko

Darko Rookie

That would make for an interesting year for sure.

5. JawsVictim

JawsVictim Member

I’d like to see Eddie, but not Jack or Chance. They were the last two icons at the event and I’d prefer something we haven’t seen before/in a while.

Universal’s dumb for not utilizing icons and theming to tie together the IPs and originals into the event. This last year would have been perfect for a Polybius themed event instead of “80’s synth wave is back, let’s party!”

ReelJustice and Darko like this.
  6. Darko

Darko Rookie

Honestly, it is about time Eddie got the spotlight he deserves. He won't get it 'cause Jack is more marketable but... Eddie is awesome.

thelondonwerecat likes this.
  7. Lucky Planet

Lucky Planet Veteran Member

chance and jack wedding when?

WasabiRyo likes this.
  8. WasabiRyo

WasabiRyo Newcomer

I mean - I collect Jack and Chance stuff as a hobby, so I'm a bit of a mark for them. So anytime they're back I'm gonna be happy, minority or not (plus James and Erin are just such cool people). However I absolutely believe that Eddie has not had his proper time in the limelight. I feel like they'd have to give him a bit more to work with besides a chainsaw, since that's kinda a HHN General Feature and what with the CDT. But, I'd love the idea of all three battling it out across the park. Fantasy booking to be sure, but fun to think about.

That being said, I'd still be much more hyped for the prophesied return of the Terra Queen though.

Darko and Lucky Planet like this.
  9. TheGentTrent

TheGentTrent Member

As someone who watches a lot of horror movies every October, I'm always going to prefer IP houses over originals (some exceptions apply: Us was my least favorite house this year). Having said that, if we truly are only getting 2-3 IPs, then I *do not* want one of them to be Monsters-based, at least not this year. I get that they're trying to hype people up for the future, but I'd rather get new properties we haven't seen done before.

jrn14 likes this.
  10. WasabiRyo

WasabiRyo Newcomer

Assuming you mean the Universal Monsters properties, 29 was the first year since 24 they did anything with one of those properties (Dracula: Untold) and it barely counted. I don't really think that's something they'd really consider, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

11. Darko

Darko Rookie

Weird. I watch so many horror movies thru out the year, and that's exactly why I prefer originals over IPs 'cause I want something new. Basically a horror movie I haven't seen before that I get to experience first hand in person. But to each his own I suppose.

WasabiRyo likes this.
  12. JCTorresMIA

JCTorresMIA Newcomer

I wish i could have attended that year.. It looked and sounded amazing. Don't mean to go off track but how did that year overall compare to a year like 25 that had Freddy, Jason & Jack return and headline the event again?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Lucky Planet and Darko like this.
  13. Darko

Darko Rookie

So I assume Fear will not be returning?

Coolbfitz and SeventyOne like this.
  14. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

Houses? Yes. Zones? No. I actually like that idea.

With the success of Monsters, and it being an anniversary year, you're probably going to see some form of their return. The good news is that Monsters blur that line of original/IP. Theoretically, it could be a "4th" IP.

17 had a lot of good to great parts (house line-up, the entrance, the entire park being decorated) but also some duds (Vampyr, parkwide scarezone execution). They're both pretty similar years. It just depends on preference. While 25's zones were better, I prefer 17's house lineup; but that's just me.

Fear is every 20 years. #HHN40Spec

Fallow, Coolbfitz, SeventyOne and 4 others like this.
  15. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

Yea, if we end up with Frankenstein Meets Wolfman like Hollywood, I'd personally consider that an original, not an IP

Fallow, hhnlover, Darko and 2 others like this.
  16. BoSoxFan1022

BoSoxFan1022 Rookie

It's based off of an actual movie thogh

17. WasabiRyo

WasabiRyo Newcomer

I'm slightly biased because of my love for that year, but the houses were wonderful. I even liked Vampyr because of the Blade opening ripoff. But it was at Nazarman's if memory serves and there's a a reason for they stopped that location. But otherwise they were great! Especially with TCM being in the Earthquake queue and the exit literally being him chasing you out of the house through a bunch of hanging sheets on clotheslines. Freddy's was fantastic due to the creativity of scene recreation and the story of the house (that continued to into later years). The Johnny Depp scene was a big highlight.

The "scarezones" did falter but I still think the theory is decent. I miss Midway of the Bizarre.

SeventyOne, Darko and JCTorresMIA like this.
  18. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

I know the concept is based off a movie. But it's not aiming to recreate that movie scene for scene like IP houses do.

Fallow, SeventyOne, hhnlover and 3 others like this.
  19. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

It was Murdy's version of the film. It had nods to the classic - but it was nothing like the movie.

20. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Not a big horror or HHN fan, though it serves my interest as something different to experience in the park once every few years, so I just read these HHN posts sporadically. So maybe my question has already been answered. Why don't they put a scare zone in the area around MIB and extending to Springfield? That's a pretty large space that's not affected by the parade, so it could have plenty of set pieces. Although I'm sure it's a minority opinion, I actually greatly prefer a 'good' scare zone to the houses. They're easier to enjoy at your leisure and you're not rushed like you are through a house like a piece of meat in a meatpacking conveyor belt. The houses are actually my least liked aspect of HHN. But I do like the atmosphere ambiance, shows and scare zones.

Darko likes this.