The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 319 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first year was 2012 and that line up dropped all at once in August.

I’m going to wait to see what the actual event is like before booking a trip this year. I’d love to see this event as planned, but not a drastically altered version due to health concerns. I’m okay with missing this year if it’s not the same old HHN.

Not really news, but the page discussing the new operational procedures at the park includes this:

10. Will these new procedures be in place for Halloween Horror Nights and the 2020 Holidays celebration?
More details about these events will be shared at a later time.

I really do hope FFP or something similar comes back. It's always been my favorite way to experience the event.
Honestly, it's the only way for me to experience it. Often, I can only go for a few hours 3-4 times so it's cheaper for me to buy the FFP than to buy all those tickets.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
So back to discussing the content itself, thinking about the two prediction lists we have (spec map 2 and TPU's list). Ringwraith says that seven of the houses on TPU's list are locks. But in that case spec map 2 could be totally accurate. Five complete overlaps (Bride, Beetlejuice, Hill House, Bedtime Stories and Pumpkin King) plus "secret IP" which could be and probably is one of the other IPs on that list, and finally "Legendary Truth" OR "Dungeon of Terror" which I'm guessing is the "icon house" on TPU's list. So wa-la, there's your seven. Between LT and DoT, if spec map 2 were correct, I hope the one that isn't the icon/anni house is a gimmick/novelty house.

Reactions: CoopF22
Which is why I'm considering buying the UK FFP. What's your opinion on that Legacy? Good idea? Or just wait to see what happens here?
You do you. I’d wait, personally, but I wouldn’t be attending even if there wasn’t a pandemic. I have no dog in the fight.

I will say I've heard one contingency plan is to only offer one-day tickets. If that occurs I also expect some other changes to happen with operations. Pushing BOGO tickets to July tells me they're punting, hoping to get a more clear view of what Sept - Nov will look like.

I will say I've heard one contingency plan is to only offer one-day tickets. If that occurs I also expect some other changes to happen with operations. Pushing BOGO tickets to July tells me they're punting, hoping to get a more clear view of what Sept - Nov will look like.

It makes total sense for them to wait a month or so after they reopen to get a better idea. No one has any idea how the parks will look in September. I, like many others, just want to know if I should buy a couple of BOGOs while they are on sale vs waiting for the FFP I would prefer. It will upset a lot of people if they end the BOGO and then only have single day tickets available when we’re all waiting for the usual FFP.

It makes total sense for them to wait a month or so after they reopen to get a better idea. No one has any idea how the parks will look in September. I, like many others, just want to know if I should buy a couple of BOGOs while they are on sale vs waiting for the FFP I would prefer. It will upset a lot of people if they end the BOGO and then only have single day tickets available when we’re all waiting for the usual FFP.

Honestly, I'm keeping an ear to the ground and might pull the trigger on the BOGO if I can get confirmation from UOR GR that the cost of the BOGO ticket can be applied to a FFP ticket.

Honestly, I'm keeping an ear to the ground and might pull the trigger on the BOGO if I can get confirmation from UOR GR that the cost of the BOGO ticket can be applied to a FFP ticket.
I was thinking the same thing. We’ve got some time, but that may very well be the plan.

If they do this -- and I would expect that everything is still on the table -- I have to think they would cut back the number of nights as well, pushing the open back to late September if not October. MNSSHP had trouble filling its September nights last year before this all went down. Which might offer fringe benefits in ability to attract scare-actors and other staff, as well as potentially better optics.

That said, if I was a betting man, I'd put money the desire to cash in on the hard-core local fan base (and not let them get out of the habit of coming to buy drinks multiple nights) will win out somehow.

So uhh...has anyone seen the rumor on Nightmares? I would truthfully be okay with the idea PROVIDED they don't decide to continue in that format in the years following.

Status
Not open for further replies.