The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 321 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I know this topic has come up here in the past so I’m hoping this will help some people understand why The Invisible Man shouldn’t be turned into a theme park attraction.

I know this topic has come up here in the past so I’m hoping this will help some people understand why The Invisible Man shouldn’t be turned into a theme park attraction.

I totally get where you're coming from. But I have a weird gut feeling that it happens this year if...you know. Ringwraith seemed to be hinting at the possibility. If they went the abstract route with it (which I would love), do you think it would be a way around the dark subject matter?

(Thank you for bringing the discussion away from tickets!)

I thought that wasn't allowed? That's why its been such a gamble in the past waiting for FFP or RoF.

If you had a one-night pass, they allowed you to upgrade to a multi-night pass. They were trying to prohibit people stringing along passes. (eg going from RoF to FFP to FFP+)

As far as FFP for this year goes - unless you're from the UK - don't bother. If FFP happens, it'll happen across the board. If they decide to ax it, it'll be axed for everyone. Just be patient.

I totally get where you're coming from. But I have a weird gut feeling that it happens this year if...you know. Ringwraith seemed to be hinting at the possibility. If they went the abstract route with it (which I would love), do you think it would be a way around the dark subject matter?
I go back to a point I made before: if they don’t address the domestic abuse/gaslighting aspects of the story, then you’re actually ignoring the entire reason the titular antagonist exists at all.

This isn’t a situation like The Exorcist. The abstract nature of that house was intended to expand a supernatural horror. They weren’t hiding the villain or its motivation. If anything, they were allowing guests to experience more of the chaotic horror Reagan was suffering.

That isn’t something that will work for Invisible Man. They horror of that movie is that there are thousands of “Invisible Men” and thousands more of their invisible victims in the real world. Victims of domestic abuse, and perpetrators of that same abuse will attend HHN and will go through a house that is, essentially, capitalizing on that trauma without the safety of it being a passive, movie-watching experience. It will introduce a situation where abuse victims (guests) are being attacked by an antagonist that IS an abuser. There’s no sugar-coating that, no matter how abstract you attempt to make it.

That isn’t something that will work for Invisible Man. They horror of that movie is that there are thousands of “Invisible Men” and thousands more of their invisible victims in the real world. Victims of domestic abuse, and perpetrators of that same abuse will attend HHN and will go through a house that is, essentially, capitalizing on that trauma without the safety of it being a passive, movie-watching experience. It will introduce a situation where abuse victims (guests) are being attacked by an antagonist that IS an abuser. There’s no sugar-coating that, no matter how abstract you attempt to make it.

Ohhhh, Invisible Man as in an invisible abuser who goes unfound. I just got that.

*Insert same argument I’ve been yelling about Invisible Man everytime it gets bought up so I don’t drive it off topic*

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Wait - last year you bought BOGO tickets before the June 5 deadline, then when FFP came out, you upgraded from BOGO to FFP with only paying the roughly $45 difference?

Yup, bought the BOGO here in the UK the week they were released. We were meant to meet friends for the 2nd part of our vacation but they had to cancel last minute. So I tentatively went to the tickets desk at the RPR and asked if we could upgrade as we were now able to attend multiple nights, bingo! BUT as for this year....

If you had a one-night pass, they allowed you to upgrade to a multi-night pass. They were trying to prohibit people stringing along passes. (eg going from RoF to FFP to FFP+)

As far as FFP for this year goes - unless you're from the UK - don't bother. If FFP happens, it'll happen across the board. If they decide to ax it, it'll be axed for everyone. Just be patient.

This /\

I go back to a point I made before: if they don’t address the domestic abuse/gaslighting aspects of the story, then you’re actually ignoring the entire reason the titular antagonist exists at all.

This isn’t a situation like The Exorcist. The abstract nature of that house was intended to expand a supernatural horror. They weren’t hiding the villain or its motivation. If anything, they were allowing guests to experience more of the chaotic horror Reagan was suffering.

So you don’t see IM happening? If it’s a false rumor then it’d be nice to at least kill it now. I really enjoyed the movie of course, but I see your point.

(Thank you for bringing the discussion away from tickets!)

@Legacy put it better than I can, but there really is no way to get around the topic. While I realize they are completely different things, in the vein that you wouldn’t see a Get Out house at HHN, we shouldn’t see an Invisible Man house either.

Domestic violence, with racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc. should never be taken lightly-let alone reduced to entertainment in the form of a haunted attraction.

Wouldn't get your hopes up in all honesty, but I could be wrong. From what I've read in the comments, it's just an interlude/song from her tour that just got cut short due to COVID.
most likely. just heard the overall spookiness of the sample and figured it'd make for good discussion, since we hadn't heard anything on the bride's front in a while

Reactions: Tbad556

Here's the thing - I think you hit the nail on the head on why an Invisible Man 2020 maze would not "work," but that doesn't mean I think they won't necessarily give it a go anyway.

Here's the thing - I think you hit the nail on the head on why an Invisible Man 2020 maze would not "work," but that doesn't mean I think they won't necessarily give it a go anyway.

If they wouldn’t do a Sabrina house (at least here) due to satanism, a Get Out house due to racism, would they really be that dense as to do a house based entirely on domestic abuse?

Especially now?

Reactions: Doctor Morgus
Status
Not open for further replies.