The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 328 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except, that’s not a bleed over. It’s a completely separate issue. Klowns was extremely selfie heavy, but didn’t have issues with performers chatting because of the costumes. Vamp ’85 didn’t have anywhere near the self attraction, but had a much bigger chatter issue because it’s easy to talk when you don’t have a mask.
Wow, I've never seen any characters chatting with each other, unless it's with a supervisor.

Wow, I've never seen any characters chatting with each other, unless it's with a supervisor.

Not so much with each other. They stand around and chat (and break character while doing so) with their non-actor friends. At least that’s what I have seen way too much of the past 2 years. That’s what made vanity ball so sucky last year, and I saw vamp was the problem the year before.

I’ve been 4 years total now (not sure the years but the Poe year and the American werewolf year) and never saw the horrible scarezone actors in the prior ones, but it was SO bad the past two (in those two zones only).

During 27 I saw Aliens chatting in Invasion often. Pulling up on the far side and whispering through their masks. The walk way wasn't even jammed, the opposite actually. That being my first year I was pretty surprised to see them doing that.

It’s definitely something that happens. I find that it’s more common in the years I went with characters that don’t have strong “scenes” to play out, weapons to brandish, defined IP characters, or particularly horrifying masks. They’ll get bored if their interest and creativity is low, and if there are no toys in their toolbox it’s worse.

Totally a hit-or-miss with the zones, though, because I had a really lovey character interaction in Invasion where one brought me to their leader, then “abducted me” and sat me on a bench, followed by an “I’m watching you” move. The moment I moved to make my escape, the aliens went wild and started to chase me. It was totally fun.

Not so much with each other. They stand around and chat (and break character while doing so) with their non-actor friends. At least that’s what I have seen way too much of the past 2 years. That’s what made vanity ball so sucky last year, and I saw vamp was the problem the year before.

I’ve been 4 years total now (not sure the years but the Poe year and the American werewolf year) and never saw the horrible scarezone actors in the prior ones, but it was SO bad the past two (in those two zones only).
During 27 I saw Aliens chatting in Invasion often. Pulling up on the far side and whispering through their masks. The walk way wasn't even jammed, the opposite actually. That being my first year I was pretty surprised to see them doing that.
I’ve went the last 3 years and never noticed it either. Only Vanity ball as mentioned before but it was raining and late. Most scarezones last year weren’t very good anyway. The Houses were great though.
This became an HHN recovery group real fast

Reactions: londonwerecat
Hearing from Team Members today regarding Universal Orlando today - lines really, really short. Like scary short. Masks requirements ARE being enforced at all times, even when physically on the ride. Seeing more traffic of people diving into the bathrooms to soak their masks and faces then in the actual lines LOL. This is necessarily relevant to HHN discussion, but felt it was pertinent to the overall first day reopening so y'all can kind of see what to expect in September when HHN starts.

If anyone has any questions they want answered about the protocol, please respond to this post and I'll ask my friends that are there now.

Hearing from Team Members today regarding Universal Orlando today - lines really, really short. Like scary short. Masks requirements ARE being enforced at all times, even when physically on the ride. Seeing more traffic of people diving into the bathrooms to soak their masks and faces then in the actual lines LOL. This is necessarily relevant to HHN discussion, but felt it was pertinent to the overall first day reopening so y'all can kind of see what to expect in September when HHN starts.

If anyone has any questions they want answered about the protocol, please respond to this post and I'll ask my friends that are there now.
A TM preview is nothing close to an indicator of how HHN will function or what the experience will be like. They’ve likely only got 5k-8k people in each park today.

Even next week won’t be an indicator, as Universal is going to try and gradually increase capacity as time goes on.

Did they say how it's going with the virtual lines?

Theme Park University just posted how they might potentially be working guest flow and houses this year. Sounds interesting.

Theme Park University just posted how they might potentially be working guest flow and houses this year. Sounds interesting.

I was just about to post this lol yea it’s very interesting and raised a few concerns

Thanks, I hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.