The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 330 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theme Park University just posted how they might potentially be working guest flow and houses this year. Sounds interesting.

Yeeeah, looks like I'm out this year

I have to say that I am kind of happy with that solution since it might be a very efficent way to experience HHN. The question is if you have Express and you are done with all the 10 houses can you still queue up for more
My understanding, which I can be completely off is, that you make plans for the entire night at the start of the event. So once you have all ten booked, you just book more and more until the event ends. I’m sorry if that doesn’t make sense

For me my main issue comes that I really enjoy going through some houses more then once. If there’s a house I truly love I did it twice in one night (Killer Klowns) and would skip a house that wasn’t as good (stranger things 2/3).if it’s guaranteed I can do 7-8 houses a night I’ll be ok with this cause that’s about how many I do a night anyways. But if houses are only like 4-5 it doesn’t seem like it will be worth it.

For me my main issue comes that I really enjoy going through some houses more then once. If there’s a house I truly love I did it twice in one night (Killer Klowns) and would skip a house that wasn’t as good (stranger things 2/3).if it’s guaranteed I can do 7-8 houses a night I’ll be ok with this cause that’s about how many I do a night anyways. But if houses are only like 4-5 it doesn’t seem like it will be worth it.
That’s exactly what I did. KKFOS twice and skipped Stranger Things. Went 2 nights and still didn’t get to do everything.

Reactions: Living Dead Dude
That’s exactly what I did. KKFOS twice and skipped Stranger Things. Went 2 nights and still didn’t get to do everything.
Last year I lived there and could go back each week so I didn’t try to do everything in one night. This year I’ll prob do express one night and then general the next night. Hopefully I’ll be able to do everything Atleast once

As someone who can only visit HHN for a single night or two and thus always needs the benefits of an Express Pass, if doing so will guarantee that I get to see every house and even the shows and extra activities, I'd be fine with the new system. I would think I'd be in the minority when it comes to this board since I bet a lot of the posters here can/do visit HHN multiple nights every year and therefore can explore the event at their own pace, which this system would all but eliminate.

I doubt it will be the 'norm' going forward since it'll be hard to control that many people when you remove the capacity limitations but for one year? Yeah, could work.

Wouldn't that still be fine for people who can go multiple nights without express? Night 1 you enter your preferences as "tonight i want to see house A/D/F" and the app will (assumedly) get you into those houses over the course of the night. Night 2 enter different preferences for different houses. Repeat. If things open up later in the evening the app can suggest "hey the line for house C is low if you want to head over there!".

Reactions: londonwerecat
Wouldn't that still be fine for people who can go multiple nights without express? Night 1 you enter your preferences as "tonight i want to see house A/D/F" and the app will (assumedly) get you into those houses over the course of the night. Night 2 enter different preferences for different houses. Repeat. If things open up later in the evening the app can suggest "hey the line for house C is low if you want to head over there!".
Honestly a lot of it is gonna depend if the app works. Universal seems to have one of the better theme park apps however the app has never been used for something this level.

also let’s say you just leave a sound stage house and it says you can go to a tent house. what if you walk all the way over there and it’s no longer low enough for you to go into?

Last edited:
Honestly a lot of it is gonna depend if the app works. Universal seems to have one of the better theme park apps however the app has never been used for something this level.

also let’s say you just leave a sound stage house and it says you can go to a tent house. what if you walk all the way over there and it’s no longer low enough for you to go into?
I’m sure it’s a situation where you get out of the soundstage and tell the app “yes or no” to going to the tent. Once you say yes, you’re in the queue.

I’m sure it’s a situation where you get out of the soundstage and tell the app “yes or no” to going to the tent. Once you say yes, you’re in the queue.
Ok well that i would be fine with the only concern is how fast houses will fill up and how many you’ll be able to do each night. I’ll prob wait till September see how things are going and might do a last min trip in october

Yeah same. We always get through at least 6 houses (and sometimes 7) in the first 2 hours. Any of those that are really good, we'll circle back to at the end of the night (when the crowds are gone) after we've done all the houses and scarezones. This would eliminate some of that unfortunately. But, again, if it's what we have to do to have HHN this year, I'm willing to do it.

Ok well that i would be fine with the only concern is how fast houses will fill up and how many you’ll be able to do each night. I’ll prob wait till September see how things are going and might do a last min trip in october
If they’re only allowing 25% capacity for HHN, that’s only 10k-12k people. That’s nothing, really. Will more popular houses be a more rarified ticket, sure will. But there’s no huge difference between waiting for a VQ spot and waiting in line. If anything, this will likely cause the park to empty out a bit earlier than normal. The people who come to do the houses and leave will buy express, do the houses, and be done in a couple of hours. If they leave by 10, then the VQ starts clearing out.

It will be interesting to see when you will have to reserve what night you are going because if there’s no type of reservation system it’s gonna be a mess for out of state people

Status
Not open for further replies.