Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see when you will have to reserve what night you are going because if there’s no type of reservation system it’s gonna be a mess for out of state people

I don’t know if it’s possible or if they would even want to, but I wonder if they could guarantee access to HHN for on-site hotel guests. I guess we will have to see how the whole ticket situation is laid out, but as someone who has a flight booked and a hotel reservation already, it would be nice to have some sort of assurance that I’ll be able to get in all 4 nights. But that also might not be possible to do.

I don’t know if it’s possible or if they would even want to, but I wonder if they could guarantee access to HHN for on-site hotel guests. I guess we will have to see how the whole ticket situation is laid out, but as someone who has a flight booked and a hotel reservation already, it would be nice to have some sort of assurance that I’ll be able to get in all 4 nights. But that also might not be possible to do.
Hopefully we can get some news in a few weeks when announcements happen

I know I'll get some hate for this one, but I think they need to do something about the multi-night pass situation.

I don't think they should get rid of it completely, but it will really need to be limited to make sure that those of us that come from out of town, don't get shut out because the local HHN fanatics decided to go nearly every night of the event.

I know that's one of the reasons the event has had a chance to become what it has; but, there's a big difference between getting locked out after buying plane tickets, rental car, and hotel for a week...and having to drive down the road for an hour.

Y’all aren’t talking about the article stating less actors and more special effects. I love the idea of virtual queues and having a planned route, but not for an event with less live actors. Also agree with being able to hit houses multiple times in a night; which made RoF w/ Express and Stay and Scream so valuable. And people thought last year was lack luster...geesh.

I know I'll get some hate for this one, but I think they need to do something about the multi-night pass situation.

I don't think they should get rid of it completely, but it will really need to be limited to make sure that those of us that come from out of town, don't get shut out because the local HHN fanatics decided to go nearly every night of the event.

I know that's one of the reasons the event has had a chance to become what it has; but, there's a big difference between getting locked out after buying plane tickets, rental car, and hotel for a week...and having to drive down the road for an hour.

The ONLY reason me and my group commit to flying down, renting a van, renting a huge condo, etc is because we can get a RoF + Express and get our money's worth out of the event. We pay $300 for that pass alone, then upwards of $300 for the parks for the day, then airfare, car, condo, groceries, food, drinks, tips, merch, ubers, etc. It's at least $2k per person all said and done for a week.

Multiday tickets certainly aren't only for locals.

They're also the way of the world these days. Look at any sports event, the majority of tickets are sold are season ticket packages. There are very few walk up tickets available to any games on the "day of".

That guaranteed income and assumed "butts in seats" buying $10 beers and $15 burgers is how these things operate.

More people have annual phone contracts than the month to month or whatever cards based services. More people do Netflix with a subscription to all the movies versus the amount of people who rent individual movies with SVOD (not talking about the Covid-caused direct to video stuff like Trolls World Tour, that's an exception to the rule). It just makes more sense to all involved, the business has a guaranteed income and the customer is guaranteed to get what they want whenever they want it.

That's not what I was saying at all. We get the FFPs every year, and we even have annual passes, but are usually only in town for HHN. So, I get it.

I'm just saying that, they may need to find a way to limit the people that have already been to the event 20+ times over multiple weeks, to ensure that people that only want to attend 1-5 times during one week (and paid a good bit to get down there) get in the door.

Y’all aren’t talking about the article stating less actors and more special effects. I love the idea of virtual queues and having a planned route, but not for an event with less live actors. Also agree with being able to hit houses multiple times in a night; which made RoF w/ Express and Stay and Scream so valuable. And people thought last year was lack luster...geesh.

I took that with a grain of salt and I'll believe it when I see it approach. Acting as if that was a widespread implementation due to the pandemic seems like last second revamping that may or may not have happened, as houses may have been designed a month or two before the US was shut down.

Even if the houses themselves have changed, no one will know how that affects the 'quality' of the houses until they actually go through them. Maybe the design team has come up with a multitude of features or environments that are innovative and scary without live actors. Just because one person has a preference for more actors doesn't mean the houses can't be quality or can't be enjoyed with less.

That's not what I was saying at all. We get the FFPs every year, and we even have annual passes, but are usually only in town for HHN. So, I get it.

I'm just saying that, they may need to find a way to limit the people that have already been to the event 20+ times over multiple weeks, to ensure that people that only want to attend 1-5 times during one week (and paid a good bit to get down there) get in the door.

I agree. I am usually in town just for HHN and also God willing I am supposed to get married at Royal Pacific in October and we are gonna go to HHN a ton and a lot of my guests who I have hyped HHN up for years are supposed to try it. For my little over a week stay I expect to get into HHN every night I want especially since I am giving and willingly a lot of money to Universal property so I am hoping for some sort of FFP to still work out for someone like me and for my guests to be able to go to HHN easily one night who aren't fanatics and never been and want to casually enjoy the event. I have seen locals buy the FFP and go every night and I say good for them however I know some locals cheat the system and get into HHN almost every night and would go out of their way to go every night and screw people who are trying to get in with actual dollars, and that is what I have a problem with.

But more importantly how will this affect Finns cause nights like this will cause me to drink a lot each night, more than usual each HHN haha

But more importantly how will this affect Finns cause nights like this will cause me to drink a lot each night, more than usual each HHN haha

It'll be socially distanced queuing, get your drink, and go. One way in, one way out.

Really smart. Definitely requires a lot of refinement of the app, and probably the opening scarezone will have to be turned into a sort of tutorial zone. I’m mostly very interested in the proposed “quests”. I think this could be incredibly fun, especially if they decide to spread the wealth and have different quests hosted by different popular characters from the past, or else elaborating on some sort of new story.

Those thinking there ought to be a return to the “interactive website” should be really happy right now. This, is done well, could put you into the middle of an interactive “LT” style experience.

The ONLY reason me and my group commit to flying down, renting a van, renting a huge condo, etc is because we can get a RoF + Express and get our money's worth out of the event. We pay $300 for that pass alone, then upwards of $300 for the parks for the day, then airfare, car, condo, groceries, food, drinks, tips, merch, ubers, etc. It's at least $2k per person all said and done for a week.

They're also the way of the world these days. Look at any sports event, the majority of tickets are sold are season ticket packages. There are very few walk up tickets available to any games on the "day of".

That guaranteed income and assumed "butts in seats" buying $10 beers and $15 burgers is how these things operate.

More people have annual phone contracts than the month to month or whatever cards based services. More people do Netflix with a subscription to all the movies versus the amount of people who rent individual movies with SVOD (not talking about the Covid-caused direct to video stuff like Trolls World Tour, that's an exception to the rule). It just makes more sense to all involved, the business has a guaranteed income and the customer is guaranteed to get what they want whenever they want it.
Apples and oranges.

HHN is a one-time, non-transferable high-dollar expense that is good for two months.

The shortest sports season (NFL) is four months long, and most teams offer 12-month payment plans for season tickets. Also, season ticket holders are able to, and often times, sell tickets to games they’re not interested in, or the strictly have tickets as a business incentive. The teams may not sell many “day of” tickets, but they’re available. And for a lot of major sports teams, ticket sales are cherry; sponsorships bring in a huge portion of operating costs. That’s not something Universal can rely on.

Streaming subscriptions like Netflix aren’t bought for a year, but can be set up for month-long spurt and canceled whenever finances determine it’s necessary. And cell phones are an essential utility in today’s society, where long-term contracts (with included phones) is more economical, never mind the countless people who are paying month to month because they’ve completed their contract and haven’t been required to sign a new one.

One person spending $300 to attend HHN for 8 nights is less profitable than 6 people spending $60 to attend across 6 nights (not accounting for marketing costs). Now, in a year when capacity is not an issue, multi-use passes earn their keep on those 2 nights when Universal can’t sell single night tickets. This year, though, when it’s entirely possible every night could sell out without passes because of capacity restrictions, those passes become financial liabilities.

The only money Universal cares about is the money spent on their property. They’re going to look at capacity, likely attendance, reservations at their hotels, etc, and figure out if passes are worth it this year.

have they announced the fate of stay and scream? Curious if 2020 will end up being a no stay and scream year, or some kind of low-capped stay and scream capacity.

It seems like the app would mess up the idea of stay and scream.

They aren’t running the parks at 50% capacity right now. Much lower.

Ah ok. I read somewhere that city walk was doing 50%, so I figured the parks would do the same come the 5th. Either way I bet by HHN the limit & restrictions will be better. I’d put money on it

Status
Not open for further replies.