The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 333 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm interesting. I was envisioning something similar to the knotts tooth fairy. I wonder if she was meant to be an animatronic/puppet or actually portrayed by a scareactor. The chunky description makes me imagine her as Ursula lmao.
Ursla size tooth fairy surrounded by teeth sounds absolutely disgusting. Can’t wait!

Reactions: SeventyOne
Theme Park University just posted how they might potentially be working guest flow and houses this year. Sounds interesting.

imagine getting your ticket and getting express and they say you have a fever... would uni start giving refunds?

and this idea only works for the express pass guests,
sounds like a nightmare for non express, i dont even think it would work
and they will have to complete erase frequent fear pass, because this idea doesnt work if frequent fear pass exists

They'll definitely have to cap attendance if they have any hope of keeping distance. Every night would be a sell out, but they'd be making significantly less money than normal still (unless they jack up prices to compensate for lost revenue). But less than normal is better than no event at all.
bring back jello shot girls maybe,

I agree, especially with severe and strict capacity limits, FFP could prove to be an issue. The only way I could really see it working reasonably is if they have a reservation system for it, where youre able to go multiple nights but you have to reserve those night in advance so they can keep track of nightly capacity without having to turn FFP holders away at the gate.

or allow frequent fear pass after 10 PM, that would surely keep the park empty from 6 to 10.
i would be fine if frequent fear pass was allowed at 10 pm,
but the app would be a nightmare...

Last edited:
Such a shame this is the situation for the 30th anniversary. I was really excited for an anniversary house, Terra, and Beetlejuice.

I don’t expect any type of repeat ticket, even after 10. The goal isn’t to limit crowds during specific hours, it’s to limit crowds for the entirety of the event.

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I asked this question a couple pages back but it was buried in the hot discussion that took off on tickets.

Any whispers (or speculation) on stay and scream? It feels like it would need to be severely capped or even discarded altogether if social distancing is a goal. Plus integration with the app telling you where to go would be different for stay and screamers than normal attendees, which adds another complication.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I asked this question a couple pages back but it was buried in the hot discussion that took off on tickets.

Any whispers (or speculation) on stay and scream? It feels like it would need to be severely capped or even discarded altogether if social distancing is a goal. Plus integration with the app telling you where to go would be different for stay and screamers than normal attendees, which adds another complication.
If it’s all virtual queues then I think Stay N Scream is fine. There’s plenty of room in NY now that they’ve opened up more of the area, and nobody would have a reason to congregate together like sardines if there’s no mad dash to houses. I could see them capping the number in each S&S to the point that they would need to use Hello Kitty and even London/Diagon Alley as additional areas.

If it’s all virtual queues then I think Stay N Scream is fine. There’s plenty of room in NY now that they’ve opened up more of the area, and nobody would have a reason to congregate together like sardines if there’s no mad dash to houses. I could see them capping the number in each S&S to the point that they would need to use Hello Kitty and even London/Diagon Alley as additional areas.

This. I also think they may put a larger focus on using S&S, or that early entry ticket. That would get more people in the parks earlier, and prevent the mad-dash to get in once the gates open...not to mention the up-front lines that will wrap all the way to security if everyone socially distances 6ft between groups.

Hollywood also requires an actual audition, so the bar is starting higher anyway.
Side note on this. The HHN Hollywood audition process brought out a terrifying, inner, "crazy" I didn't know I was capable of. Perhaps why, although their set design is average/below average, their scareactors are all in.

Am I the only one that actually loves this idea?
Nope. You're not. As someone that gets in early, does a couple of houses and scarezones and gets out, I love it.

Do y’all really think that the capacity cap will still be an issue come September/October? I bet a lot of this will be somewhat better by then. Fingers crossed I guess
Capacity is fluid. They say there's a number, but then that number somehow "grows." The number is based on how many attractions/shows are down at the moment and/or how their sales are doing for the day. There have been quite a few days where numbers are fudged in favor of getting butts in the door.

I believe it might tie into LT.
Not sure if the pumpkin patch story they told in a recent blog post, is related to LT, but if it is, that's the rumored direction. Rather than Nathaniel Crowe(which I'd prefer).

Reactions: JawsVictim
Back on topic, I'm a very avid S&S guy, so I would be devastated if they did away with it.
It would be nice if S&S was assigned like everything else on the app. People hype for beetle juice in one area and people hype for billie in another area etc. I just can’t see them forcing out everybody in the parks just to have them come back in. Maybe there will be a lot more smaller S&S area this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but in the case that scarezones do happen this year (which it seems they will), what scarezones do you think we'll be getting? The website still seems like they plan on going ahead with 5 scarezones, so what do you think the split will be? I'm guessing 3 Originals and 2 IPs. I just have no idea what those could possibly be.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but in the case that scarezones do happen this year (which it seems they will), what scarezones do you think we'll be getting? The website still seems like they plan on going ahead with 5 scarezones, so what do you think the split will be? I'm guessing 3 Originals and 2 IPs. I just have no idea what those could possibly be.

We're around the time that scare zone writing and finalizing would be happening. FWIW I have heard nothing about scare zones but I imagine they'll be impacted more by COVID-19 than the houses because they were designed last. I'm hoping for a similar split.

We're around the time that scare zone writing and finalizing would be happening. FWIW I have heard nothing about scare zones but I imagine they'll be impacted more by COVID-19 than the houses because they were designed last. I'm hoping for a similar split.
I definitely think there will be a ton of changes to the scarezones. There will have to be. I think they'll either have elevated stages like they did with Rob Zombie, or they'll focus primarily on the little mini-shows like Vanity Ball.

Reactions: DannyPowers
If character meet and greets at Universal are still distant by August-September, then scarezones are definitely going to be adjusted. I mean most of Florida goes into phase 2 tomorrow and it’s only June 4th. At this rate who knows how HHN will operate by September.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.