Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But with regards to the potential dump of info all at once, sounds great! I do always take a pinch, grain or bag of salt when info comes from "a friend of mine spoke to a TM and they said..." though but I'd take any sort of official update at this point :grin:

But with regards to the potential dump of info all at once, sounds great! I do always take a pinch, grain or bag of salt when info comes from "a friend of mine spoke to a TM and they said..." though but I'd take any sort of official update at this point :grin:

I’d be shocked if we didn’t hear something by June 25th. Maybe not a house announcement, or full reveal, but something. Gotta get that call to action out, and get some tickets flowing.

It will also be after about three weeks of open operations. So, they’ll probably need something to get back in the news cycles right before Disney steals the spotlight.

I definitely think there will be a ton of changes to the scarezones. There will have to be. I think they'll either have elevated stages like they did with Rob Zombie, or they'll focus primarily on the little mini-shows like Vanity Ball.
Those dancers in Hellbilly Deluxe were definitely practicing social distancing.

So with what Greg Nicotero said do we think creepshow could be the secret IP?
Not as a house

Side note: All house IP's for 30 have been mentioned and are out in the open as far as these forums are concerned

Last edited:
Those dancers in Hellbilly Deluxe were definitely practicing social distancing.

Not as a house

Side note: All IP's for 30 have been mentioned and are out in the open as far as these forums are concerned
Man that’s a shame hollywood house looked so fun how ever a zone could be a lot of fun as well especially if they are on stages! Like the genie and the crate monster!

I am really hoping we see another music zone this year!

It's funny, because the only one likely for this year is Billie Eilish, which I'm opposed to. However, I'm on record in last year's speculation thread talking crap about Hellbilly Deluxe and how outdated/corny it sounded. Turned out to be my favorite SZ and now I'm obsessed with that record. So, I'll just keep my mouth shut about Eilish and her zone/house/lagoon show, whatever it ends up being.

It's funny, because the only one likely for this year is Billie Eilish, which I'm opposed to. However, I'm on record in last year's speculation thread talking crap about Hellbilly Deluxe and how outdated/corny it sounded. Turned out to be my favorite SZ and now I'm obsessed with that record. So, I'll just keep my mouth shut about Eilish and her zone/house/lagoon show, whatever it ends up being.
I think this is actually a great point that applies to most aspects of the event. In my few years of attending, the stuff I wasn't crazy about going in ended up being some of my favorites (Hellbilly Deluxe music even became some of my most frequently played music at the gym following my trip to HHN29 fwiw). At this point I trust the HHN team's track record enough that I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on any house/zone/shows.

I think this is actually a great point that applies to most aspects of the event. In my few years of attending, the stuff I wasn't crazy about going in ended up being some of my favorites (Hellbilly Deluxe music even became some of my most frequently played music at the gym following my trip to HHN29 fwiw). At this point I trust the HHN team's track record enough that I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on any house/zone/shows.

The house I was least anticipating last year leading up to HHN was Graveyard Games. It ended up being a top 10 all-time house for me.

The perfect example of this for me is the chucky scarezone when I first heard about it I thought it was the dumbest idea and now I think it might be one of my all time favorites

So do we still think it’s more originals then IPs or maybe a possible 5/5 split?

Let's have a little fun here.

Would you consider an MCU Bride house to be an IP? I would say it's original since there's no recent film and Universal really has the rights to portray the imagery as they see fit.

Would you consider Billie to be an IP if she gets a house? Depending on the contract, I wouldn't. I feel like she'd give the ok, but I could see Universal taking her lyrics and doing what they want with the imagery. This actually makes me slightly excited about what could come from this house.

If you swing these to houses to the original side, that gives us 7/3

Gee... what have I been saying for weeks...
Let's have a little fun here.

Would you consider an MCU Bride house to be an IP? I would say it's original since there's no recent film and Universal really has the rights to portray the imagery as they see fit.

Would you consider Billie to be an IP if she gets a house? Depending on the contract, I wouldn't. I feel like she'd give the ok, but I could see Universal taking her lyrics and doing what they want with the imagery. This actually makes me slightly excited about what could come from this house.

If you swing these to houses to the original side, that gives us 7/3
Man I thought that Billie Eilish was probably not getting her own house now

Status
Not open for further replies.