Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this because they don't have enough room for both lines? So there combining both so they can have a bigger one for social distancing guidelines?
You'd figure they'd figure that out in sake for more sales involving express.
For the sake of more money, they want to sell alcohol too. But they just simply can't do things like we normally expect and we have to expect that this year will be a year like no other.

Is this because they don't have enough room for both lines? So there combining both so they can have a bigger one for social distancing guidelines?
You'd figure they'd figure that out in sake for more sales involving express.
It’s more about control of guest movement. It’s easier to manage guest movement through 10 queues than 20.

I have the exact same problem. Although I live on Long Island. And I’m not sure if you heard, but that Florida mandate for us just got extended into September! So stupid! We’re one of the only states who did it right and are on the right track!

NEWS: Florida Governor Extends State of Emergency and Tri-State Quarantine Order for Another Two Months
First of all, COVID thread people. Also, considering that the parks are already operating under a state of emergency, I doubt this is as bad of a sign as it seems. It also ends before HHN starts.

In the terms of the mazes..are they going to opt in and do a ticket system, similar to how Osaka has for the sake of mazes for their event? That's the first thing that comes to mind--as I recall them doing that from the video's @Yukendoit has posted back of the event's past in the Japan-based park

In the terms of the mazes..are they going to opt in and do a ticket system, similar to how Osaka has for the sake of mazes for their event? That's the first thing that comes to mind--as I recall them doing that from the video's @Yukendoit has posted back of the event's past in the Japan-based park
I haven’t heard anything about tickets, although I can see that being the presentation that they use.

It was @Joe, not @Brian G.
And he said 6-8 houses in a TWO NIGHT TOTAL (which would equal 3-4 in a single night).
From what I remember, @Joe didn't say this IS happening, he said PREPARE FOR IT to happen, but that it's not definite.

The reason why I made that post was to hind of hint at a direction this event could turn to. Feels like there was a lot of "well social distancing and that'll be it!" when it seems there will be way more precautions and changes than before.

I also see a lot of "well they should just postpone till they can do a full event and everyone can go" not knowing that it's likely this could last somehow into 2021 haunt season. While it's a nice feel good situation it's just not how the business is run. I will put it this way, if there's one year they re-use a house(s) back-to-back years this would be a good one to do it with.

I haven’t heard anything about tickets, although I can see that being the presentation that they use.
“Tickets please!!”

I also see a lot of "well they should just postpone till they can do a full event and everyone can go" not knowing that it's likely this could last somehow into 2021 haunt season. While it's a nice feel good situation it's just not how the business is run.
I think that's a bit of an extreme leap at this time considering all of the current vaccine data out there and current trends outside of the US, but this isn't the thread for it, so I digress.

An elimination of an Express Pass would certainly dampen my excitement for HHN. As a traveler who would only get to be there for one or two nights, maximum, the possibility that it might turn into a churning slog of waiting in line for a solid hour or two multiple times and only getting to go through 3-4 houses per night would be a pretty big turn off. I'd really need to see how the event appears to be going down every night. If attendance is capped small enough and the system works itself out well enough that all the houses are doable in one full or two partial (thinking like four-five hours per) nights if you're smart about it I'll still be fine making the trip with those circumstances in mind.

If it swings the other way and just turns into too much of a chore in between houses, I'd likely lean towards skipping. Seems like it'd be much more worthwhile for locals, even if it means they need to go three-four-five nights to experience everything. Which, honestly, wouldn't be a bad gameplan if long distance travelers will all but evaporate for this year's event; might as well make it an as-many-nights-as-necessary event for locals, one way or another.

An elimination of an Express Pass would certainly dampen my excitement for HHN. As a traveler who would only get to be there for one or two nights, maximum, the possibility that it might turn into a churning slog of waiting in line for a solid hour or two multiple times and only getting to go through 3-4 houses per night would be a pretty big turn off. I'd really need to see how the event appears to be going down every night. If attendance is capped small enough and the system works itself out well enough that all the houses are doable in one full or two partial (thinking like four-five hours per) nights if you're smart about it I'll still be fine making the trip with those circumstances in mind.

If it swings the other way and just turns into too much of a chore in between houses, I'd likely lean towards skipping. Seems like it'd be much more worthwhile for locals, even if it means they need to go three-four-five nights to experience everything. Which, honestly, wouldn't be a bad gameplan if long distance travelers will all but evaporate for this year's event; might as well make it an as-many-nights-as-necessary event for locals, one way or another.
I’m just wondering, since the lack of travelers most likely, why do we think that lines will be so long? Are they gonna wait that long between parties while pulsing?

I’m just wondering, since the lack of travelers most likely, why do we think that lines will be so long? Are they gonna wait that long between parties while pulsing?

I'm personally thinking that even with the global circumstances, lack of travelers and reduction in event capacity, HHN is still going to garner a large enough crowd that there will still be lines for the houses. Obviously not the nearly full park capacity shoulder to shoulder extravaganza it's become but I can't imagine it being as dead as the actual parks are now.

Who knows though, maybe it will be a completely different HHN compared to recent history when it comes to attendance. I'd be shocked if that was the case though. Maybe on the week days or less crowded days but I have a hard time thinking they're not at capacity, whatever they set it to, most of the nights it's open. Especially since it might be one of the few 'party' type events happening soon for the younger crowd.

When it comes to this year, it's definitely a "roll with the punches" kind of year. If Express does end up getting axed for this year, well that makes the choice to get the BOGO tickets all the easier.

Also, if R.I.P. tours are offered, it would be safe to imagine it would be strictly private tours, wouldn't it? I don't see bunching people together from multiple households with the regular R.I.P. tours being as feasible as it's been in the past.

This was stated earlier in the thread but I thought I would reiterate considering the fact that it has been on ongoing topic of discussion regardless. Theoretically, without express, the stand by lines should move faster than normal. This is due to the fact that throughput will not be stopped except for the occasional(?) RIP tour. This, of course, does not necessarily take pulsing into consideration but the point still stands.

When it comes to this year, it's definitely a "roll with the punches" kind of year. If Express does end up getting axed for this year, well that makes the choice to get the BOGO tickets all the easier.

Also, if R.I.P. tours are offered, it would be safe to imagine it would be strictly private tours, wouldn't it? I don't see bunching people together from multiple households with the regular R.I.P. tours being as feasible as it's been in the past.

They are already selling non private tours with hotel packages, and doing non private VIP tours during the day.

I haven't personally done the event before but was stongly considering going this year, both because its the 30th anniversary and because of the likely lack of haunts out west, though my plan was pretty much riding on express being an option, since I'd likely only be there 2-3 days tops, I'd hate to end up in a situation where there are 3 or 4 mazes I still don't see at all. I'm no insider so I don't really have a frame of reference, should I bother with going if there's no express, or is it worth missing an anniversary year to avoid the hassle and potential to miss out on a lot of mazes?

I haven't personally done the event before but was stongly considering going this year, both because its the 30th anniversary and because of the likely lack of haunts out west, though my plan was pretty much riding on express being an option, since I'd likely only be there 2-3 days tops, I'd hate to end up in a situation where there are 3 or 4 mazes I still don't see at all. I'm no insider so I don't really have a frame of reference, should I bother with going if there's no express, or is it worth missing an anniversary year to avoid the hassle and potential to miss out on a lot of mazes?
If the prediction of 3-4 houses a night is correct, worse case scenario for you, you only miss out on one house.

The reason why I made that post was to hind of hint at a direction this event could turn to. Feels like there was a lot of "well social distancing and that'll be it!" when it seems there will be way more precautions and changes than before.

I also see a lot of "well they should just postpone till they can do a full event and everyone can go" not knowing that it's likely this could last somehow into 2021 haunt season. While it's a nice feel good situation it's just not how the business is run. I will put it this way, if there's one year they re-use a house(s) back-to-back years this would be a good one to do it with.

[FINAL NIGHT - SUNDAY NOV 1 - 1:00 AM] - Closing ceremonies. Terra Queen makes an appearance outside the Icon House onto a stage in a scarezone. They try to sacrifice her again for another 15 years. At the very last second she breaks free and declares "I shall not be silenced! I will return next year, as well all of my minions and surroundings! This 30th year shall extend another 365 days!!!"

She disappears into a puff of smoke and the park closes. That leads into the marketing of "The Terra Queen has cursed these lands to remain stagnant for another year." All 10 houses to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.