Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, even if it’s not meant to be a hint or whatever, I feel like we’re acting like the idea of Lady Luck being in the House was a far-off concept. :lol:

Unpopular icon yes, but still an icon. And an official marketed one as well.

An idea I had, which might be bad as it could draw crowds. What if they have the icons on stage though out the park doing there thing, like the Scarezone HHN25. It would be like a meet in greet in the park(which they still are doing but the characters are on a stage) but with the icons. I think this might help with no scarezones. The only thing in that I can see why they wouldn’t do this is it might b draw a crowd, but so can the shows in the park during the day(Blues Brothers, etc.)

Might want to reevaluate your position
This is exciting! I never got to see the icons except for 25 so I’m really looking forward to seeing them!

I will say that it isn't all that difficult to recreate the feeling of scarezones without putting in scareactors.

Back in March, before all this madness started, there was a special press event for a specific news publication (I believe Orlando Insider?). They had the event late into the night after park close, and employees really weren't supposed to be going there. I was walking back to my car going from Bistro to guest parking and noticed a familiar sound coming from Central Park: Viking Drums and subharmonic chants.

I absolutely had to sneak over and check out what was going on. It turns out that the press event included a psuedo-HHN experience for the ticketed guests. They had purple mood lighting, smaller props/sets themed to voodoo and witch doctors (their Mardi Gras event was in full swing at the time), and of course the eerie soundtrack blasting from the speakers. It felt like HHN, there was no doubt about it. I even heard multiple other guests say similar things as they walked through. And yet, besides a snakehandler in a voodoo costume and a Lady Witch Doctor I saw talking to the guests, there wasn't an actor or employee in sight.

Even if zones end up being even less involved than that little not-HHN I accidentally experienced, I trust that it will still end up feeling like HHN to a good extent. Throw in some mood lighting and some spooky ambient sounds and you've changed the mood of the area substantially. Anyone who has gone through the park with no music playing can attest to that. Add in some actors on stages like the Purge Bus or Chucky zone and I think it'll be just fine.

An idea I had, which might be bad as it could draw crowds. What if they have the icons on stage though out the park doing there thing, like the Scarezone HHN25. It would be like a meet in greet in the park(which they still are doing but the characters are on a stage) but with the icons. I think this might help with no scarezones. The only thing in that I can see why they wouldn’t do this is it might b draw a crowd, but so can the shows in the park during the day(Blues Brothers, etc.)

This is exciting! I never got to see the icons except for 25 so I’m really looking forward to seeing them!
Wow I would love a meet n greet with the icons! Unfortunately tho they would have to be on platforms to stay distanced. Certainly a neat idea for a different activity to do in the park other then houses tho!

I will say that it isn't all that difficult to recreate the feeling of scarezones without putting in scareactors.

Back in March, before all this madness started, there was a special press event for a specific news publication (I believe Orlando Insider?). They had the event late into the night after park close, and employees really weren't supposed to be going there. I was walking back to my car going from Bistro to guest parking and noticed a familiar sound coming from Central Park: Viking Drums and subharmonic chants.

I absolutely had to sneak over and check out what was going on. It turns out that the press event included a psuedo-HHN experience for the ticketed guests. They had purple mood lighting, smaller props/sets themed to voodoo and witch doctors (their Mardi Gras event was in full swing at the time), and of course the eerie soundtrack blasting from the speakers. It felt like HHN, there was no doubt about it. I even heard multiple other guests say similar things as they walked through. And yet, besides a snakehandler in a voodoo costume and a Lady Witch Doctor I saw talking to the guests, there wasn't an actor or employee in sight.

Even if zones end up being even less involved than that little not-HHN I accidentally experienced, I trust that it will still end up feeling like HHN to a good extent. Throw in some mood lighting and some spooky ambient sounds and you've changed the mood of the area substantially. Anyone who has gone through the park with no music playing can attest to that. Add in some actors on stages like the Purge Bus or Chucky zone and I think it'll be just fine.
They had that going for the Orlando Informer Meetup - I saw pictures/videos and it looked very cool.

Wow I would love a meet n greet with the icons! Unfortunately tho they would have to be on platforms to stay distanced. Certainly a neat idea for a different activity to do in the park other then houses tho!
Thats how meet n greets are now in the parks. So I only see SD as a problem.

Last edited:

What does this mean? I'm old and don't understand the reference.

Jokey meme where “the villain” is like the actual villain but “The actual villain” is something just inconvenient / minor.

Also the normal Uni account @‘ed the HHN to not torture the followers. It’s the normal yearly banter, but with how things are I would hope they wouldn’t get lax like that unless something was coming.

Is this what it was? (start at 2:12)

So I just watched Texas Chainsaw 3D in anticipation of the house. A few notes.

* Not a good movie - they especially whiffed on the timeline - the heroine looks like she's early-mid 20s, but the movie takes place 40 years after the first in timeframe (as noted on the files she sees from 1973 and the tombstone they pan past that says 2013...also there weren't android cell phones with cameras and flashlights much before 2013). So either it was bad casting from an age standpoint or, if they wanted it to be like 20 years later instead of 40, they screwed up with the tombstone and cell phones.

* The movie isn't nearly as good as the original in pretty much every way except there are a couple of good kills.

* Despite all that, I think an HHN house based on Texas Chainsaw 3D will actually be better than one based on the original, because there are more sets to work with. They COULD use the burning Sawyer house from the beginning, but I doubt it. I'd speculate that you might enter through the plantation style house and through the big door with the big key. From there you'd be ushered into the wine cellar, then down the creepy corridor and eventually into the killing room with all the bodies on slabs and hooks (especially the one cut in half) and the freezer where a girl randomly pops out as set pieces. Then, you'd be taken through the graveyard (they could start you in the graveyard, but I think the graveyard at night is scarier, and then you'd be chased into the barn, where you'd possibly escape from there into the carnival. From the carnival I think we segue into the slaughterhouse for the end scene complete with the chains & chipper, pitchfork, and of course chainsaw.

Just my thoughts on this. And, for me (many of you may disagree with my take on the movie and/or the house possibilities), this could be a prime example of a movie that's not very good that has the possibility to be a really good house.

So I just watched Texas Chainsaw 3D in anticipation of the house. A few notes.

* Not a good movie - they especially whiffed on the timeline - the heroine looks like she's early-mid 20s, but the movie takes place 40 years after the first in timeframe (as noted on the files she sees from 1973 and the tombstone they pan past that says 2013...also there weren't android cell phones with cameras and flashlights much before 2013). So either it was bad casting from an age standpoint or, if they wanted it to be like 20 years later instead of 40, they screwed up with the tombstone and cell phones.

* The movie isn't nearly as good as the original in pretty much every way except there are a couple of good kills.

* Despite all that, I think an HHN house based on Texas Chainsaw 3D will actually be better than one based on the original, because there are more sets to work with. They COULD use the burning Sawyer house from the beginning, but I doubt it. I'd speculate that you might enter through the plantation style house and through the big door with the big key. From there you'd be ushered into the wine cellar, then down the creepy corridor and eventually into the killing room with all the bodies on slabs and hooks (especially the one cut in half) and the freezer where a girl randomly pops out as set pieces. Then, you'd be taken through the graveyard (they could start you in the graveyard, but I think the graveyard at night is scarier, and then you'd be chased into the barn, where you'd possibly escape from there into the carnival. From the carnival I think we segue into the slaughterhouse for the end scene complete with the chains & chipper, pitchfork, and of course chainsaw.

Just my thoughts on this. And, for me (many of you may disagree with my take on the movie and/or the house possibilities), this could be a prime example of a movie that's not very good that has the possibility to be a really good house.
Texas is one of the houses I’m most curious to see how they do and also the one house I wouldn’t mind skipping at the same time

It would be an interesting house to newcomers that would then go back to see what made Leatherface scary but I wouldn't recommend them to watch the film this house is based on, I think it will be alright, a lot of decent and cool scenes they could replicate and I mean it'd be awesome to see Leatherface come to the event for the third time. Just hope they would bring TCM 2 somewhere down the pipeline, it would be a really good house. I would laugh if they have us put in the middle with Leatherface on our left and the girl on our right and then have her say "Do your thing cuz?" and Leatherface revving the chainsaw, it would seem dumb but it'd be funny to see someone running out of the scene because of it haha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.