Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was five counting Monsters, but your point stands--Monsters could have technically been counted as an original.
It was four before Us was added. My point was that the plan, initially, for four IPs.

AoV and Fountain show in new promo. I'd say they're likely to return, not that it's surprising.

I mean so is the bone guy. I've parsed the video and I don't think there's any real hints or clues of what's coming.
They use clips of what they have for those promos. Unless they’re selling it as a teaser, then it’s not a teaser.

Speculation is applying logic to what is known without really knowing (or needing to know) what Universal is doing. It’s an educated guess.

A rumor means someone has been told something IS occurring by a source that can be traced to those who know what IS happening. It’s a game of telephone.

Saying “Universal is doing Hereditary because it was a popular movie,” is speculation. Saying, “I’ve heard Universal is in negotiations for Game of Thrones,” is a rumor.

There’s a bit of a schedule to this, too. Between August and January, chatter is predominantly speculation. Rumors exists, but most rumor mongers are fairly tight-lipped about them because it’s really too early to validate anything. February-March is when rumors start locking in.

My clues are coming early this year because I’m not doing the work filter out bad info. I’m doing clues for rumors I can source. I’ve “heard” 6-7 rumored IPs (including Doctor Who), plus some other information, and I suspect maybe half are accurate.

Appreciate the distinction Legacy. So that would mean that the Halloween 5 info I heard (which was a friend of mine who heard it from someone who works at Uni) would qualify as a "rumor" even though I'm very skeptical about it.

It was four before Us was added. My point was that the plan, initially, for four IPs. .

I THINK it was 5 before Us - Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, House of 1000 Corpses, Killer Klowns, Universal Monsters (then Us would make 6). Unless Universal Monsters was being counted as an original. To me UM was kind of half and half - the characters were IP, but it didn't really follow any specific story. So I could see that being counted as an original, which would make your point about "four before Us" accurate. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

Regardless, I'd be happy with more original than IP houses as well. I'd be REALLY happy if they increased to 11 houses with 7 original/4 IP. That would be my wish if I had a say in the number of and division of houses.

Last edited:
So it seems at this point these are the only IPs that have been brought up in the spec/potential leak catching rumor department:

- Halloween 5
- Creepshow
- The Conjuring
- Jordan Peele’s Candyman
- Doctor Who

In terms of what seemed reasonable to rule out:
- Doctor Who has already been addressed as a most likely fake rumor which makes sense because it’s time has already kind of faded.

- Halloween 5 seems reasonable due to H2018 and Halloween Kills being unavailable but I feel like they wouldn’t do 5 because it’s much less marketable than most of the other movies in the franchise. H4 worked because it coincided with H2018 being the “return of Micheal Myers” and it was a mid tier movie in the franchise. H5 differs because its a generally disliked movie in the franchise and it seems like the creative team is generally over Halloween, however it would be a pretty good maze.

Could Come, Could Not Come:
- The Conjuring has everything going for it to come, but also everything for it to not come. If Warner Bros is willing to license it it’ll definitely come, barring any last minute lawsuits.

- Creepshow makes sense because it worked in Hollywood and is pretty easy to market Stephen King indirectly. Wouldn’t be shocked to see this although it was middle of the pack in Hollywood which could prevent it from coming.

Definitely Happening:
- Jordan Peele’s Candyman. Likely to be in the Top 3 highest grossing horror films of 2020, Us was decently ranked in Orlando but was the highest in guest rankings in Hollywood, the Easter egg in Stranger Things. Everything about this property points to it coming

Last edited:
- Halloween 5 seems reasonable due to H2018 and Halloween Kills being unavailable but I feel like they wouldn’t do 5 because it’s much less marketable than most of the other movies in the franchise. H4 worked because it coincided with H2018 being the “return of Micheal Myers” and it was a mid tier movie in the franchise. H5 differs because its a generally disliked movie in the franchise and it seems like the creative team is generally over Halloween, however it would be a pretty good maze.

And H5 was a continuation of that, just like Halloween Kills will be. Mikey is always a turnstile clicker.

I would be quite pleased if Candyman, Creepshow, Conjuring, and H5 were the IPs and the only IPs.

And H5 was a continuation of that, just like Halloween Kills will be. Mikey is always a turnstile clicker.

I would be quite pleased if Candyman, Creepshow, Conjuring, and H5 were the IPs and the only IPs.

Agree on Creepshow, Conjuring, and H5. I'll wait until I see Candyman before making any judgments on whether or not I'm excited for the house. Agree with @horrornights789 that H5 is generally disliked - I think the movie is pretty bad (maybe the worst in the franchise or close to it). However, the potential for a really good house/maze is absolutely there when you consider the different sets and identifiable characters/costumes that could be pulled from it. While I think H4 is a far superior movie, I also think that H5 could lend itself to a much better house.

It's also a lot easier for me. When I'm building clues to a "theme," I have to shoehorn a bit. It results in clues that are a little clunky.

This new format takes less time for me and (I think) creates more specific answers.

So, because I explained one clue, here's a new one:

thesaneabandoned.jpg

Ok random guess time and most probably not enough steps to the answer.

I had no clue who this is so thanks for those who stated it was The Sane Abandoned.

Researching the website shows the logo as TSA.
Screenshot_20191223-213716_Chrome.jpg

One film that predominantly featured the TSA is Get Out. But that seems too easy.

So is the link Jordan Peele, which takes us to Candy Man as some have stated.

Or could it be the actor that plays the TSA agent, Lil Rel Howery, who has a film coming out in November 2020 called Deep Water which wikipedia tells me is:

"A married couple who’ve fallen out of love with each other begin playing deadly mind games against one another that begins seeing those around them dying."

(Being completely random the album for this contains a song called "3 years" 3 years past from 2020 would be 2017. Films from this year include IT, Annabelle, Cult of chucky (TV series due in 2020 and does seem to go down well at HHN), Get Out and Jigsaw (again new film in 2020).

Last edited:
We need a separate thread for all the clues for reference lol I can’t even find the tree.

Edit about the latest clue:

That picture is of The Sane Abandoned’s song Lost in Translation, which is the name of a movie from 2003 that Bill Murray starred in which points to Zombieland since we know Afterlife isn’t coming. That’s one direction to take the clue but I’m looking for another right now

Clue 1 (Coat of Arms): I guessed "Candyman" ultimately after initially guessing The Nun/The Conjuring.

Clue 2 (Fairy Fountain): I guessed Jack The Ripper, then a coordinated guess of Terra Cruentus/Bone Collector property, but Legacy revealed that it's a Doctor Who rumor.

Let's change topics.

New clue.

51OuKEYbu7L.jpg

Clue 3 (Mary Hayley painting): I guessed an Alien Abduction or Invasion! sequel scarezone OR American Horror Story House rumor.

I guess we're picking up speed.

Clue

170px-Dinah_Haley.jpg

Clue 4 (Firetruck/Sane Abducted): I guessed The Haunting Of Hill House rumor.

It's also a lot easier for me. When I'm building clues to a "theme," I have to shoehorn a bit. It results in clues that are a little clunky.

This new format takes less time for me and (I think) creates more specific answers.

So, because I explained one clue, here's a new one:

thesaneabandoned.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.