The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think about Witcher becoming a house this year?

I do hope the scare zones up their game in XXX. Hellbilly Deluxe was great but the rest were just okay. This is coming from someone who is a chicken. I walked through vanity ball like a Boss. This year I had the least encounters from the street performers. I'm the perfect guest to approach. I'll scream or run away.

This past year I felt like we had huge gaps on our trek to the houses. We went on Oct 20th and it wasnt crowded. It would be nice if there are photo ops all over the park and not just by the houses. Maybe a Camp Crystal Lake sign? The vehicle from Jeepers Creepers? Glowing eyes from a drain from IT? Or props from past HHN houses? Something fun to add to the streets. The squirting porta potty was awesome and fun to people watch.

This past year I felt like we had huge gaps on our trek to the houses. We went on Oct 20th and it wasnt crowded. It would be nice if there are photo ops all over the park and not just by the houses. Maybe a Camp Crystal Lake sign? The vehicle from Jeepers Creepers? Glowing eyes from a drain from IT? Or props from past HHN houses? Something fun to add to the streets. The squirting porta potty was awesome and fun to people watch.

Totally agreed about the zones, but they can’t do the licensed stuff unless they get the licenses(and the ones mentioned sans IT are basically impossible at the moment).

I think The Harvest was a good way they could do zones like that since they had the props from the houses as a preview to what you’d see, but 29 couldn’t do that because of Ghostbusters; hope they bring that back in some form this year.

HHN (and Universal in general) has gained significant market share by adding using lucrative IPs.

They have maintained a core fanbase that was heavily built pre-IP era when Universal was trying to stay alive.

I hope this clarifies

HHN (and Universal in general) has gained significant market share by adding using lucrative IPs.

They have maintained a core fanbase that was heavily built pre-IP era when Universal was trying to stay alive.

I hope this clarifies

Trying to think what would be a realistic crowd-drawer this year...a lot depends on HMH. Since they milked Stranger Things for all they probably can until 31, I actually don't think Dr. Who is all that far fetched if HMH comes back, especially since it was mentioned earlier that NBCUniversal had a hand in it.

Last edited:
Trying to change the subject a little bit, I don't think Dr. Who is that far fetched. NO INSIDE INFO, just logical deduction:
  • Uni wants a big crowd-drawer.
  • They milked Stranger Things for all they really could until 31.
  • I don't see New Candyman being quite big enough in their eyes--a "second IP."
  • Ditto the Halloween movies they have access to.
  • Just a gut feeling, I see HMH returning.
  • Someone mentioned in this thread that NBCUniversal has some involvement in the series.
What does HMH stand for?

Trying to think what would be a realistic crowd-drawer this year...a lot depends on HMH.

Basically this, but Warner Bros instead of HMH. Horror Made Here seems like it’s dead for good though considering they didn’t bring it back for IT 2, Doctor Sleep, and Annabelle Comes Home. 2018’s event flopped hard too and I heard that the lot might not even be available to them anywhere

Basically this, but Warner Bros instead of HMH. Horror Made Here seems like it’s dead for good though considering they didn’t bring it back for IT 2, Doctor Sleep, and Annabelle Comes Home. 2018’s event flopped hard too and I heard that the lot might not even be available to them anywhere

I'm mainly thinking of Conjuring, to be clear.

Reactions: horrornights789
Dr Who sounds like the worse idea ever. Granted, other than a couple episodes I watched like 20 years ago when I was home sick from school with nothing else on, and then a couple episodes of each of the more recent seasons trying to see what all the fuss is about, I haven't watched it. But it's the kind of IP that would make me think twice about even going if I were someone who didn't go every year regardless of houses.

It's like the equivalent of a Star Trek or Star Wars house in my mind, just a lot less popular in the US though huge overseas. It doesn't fit the event at all. Even less than Doomsday. At least that had some post apocalyptic vibe to it. I know they've had Wizard of Oz and Fairytale zones twisted to fit the event, but Dr Who just sounds horrible.

And having a time traveling phone booth when the wounds of losing Bill and Ted are just starting to scab over and the year of a long awaited sequel is released is so wrong.

Dr Who sounds like the worse idea ever. Granted, other than a couple episodes I watched like 20 years ago when I was home sick from school with nothing else on, and then a couple episodes of each of the more recent seasons trying to see what all the fuss is about, I haven't watched it. But it's the kind of IP that would make me think twice about even going if I were someone who didn't go every year regardless of houses.

It's like the equivalent of a Star Trek or Star Wars house in my mind, just a lot less popular in the US though huge overseas. It doesn't fit the event at all. Even less than Doomsday. At least that had some post apocalyptic vibe to it. I know they've had Wizard of Oz and Fairytale zones twisted to fit the event, but Dr Who just sounds horrible.

And having a time traveling phone booth when the wounds of losing Bill and Ted are just starting to scab over and the year of a long awaited sequel is released is so wrong.

Counterpoint: there is a lot more horror in Who than you've seen, body horror in particular, and moreover, what's the only country besides the US that gets its own HHN media event and could therefore benefit from having one of their biggest cultural IPs at the event?

I still don't think it's a real rumor, I'm just saying it's more plausible than you think.

I have heard a few people talking about a Nintendo house and I just want to say that that is the fastest way for Universal to lose the Mario, Pokemon, Zelda license possible. No way in hell Nintendo approves that.

I don't get the appeal of icons. A lot of them just feel like generic horror cliches. They don't really have any character or personality to speak of. They're sort of just a horror version of the Brawny man or Little Debbie, just a generic face to attribute to the brand. Give me good houses and scarezones and I'm good, I don't need to have the horror equivalent of the Duck on Duct Tape plastered everywhere to enjoy the event. It's been just fine without them.

Last edited:
Reactions: londonwerecat
I have heard a few people talking about a Nintendo house and I just want to say that that is the fastest way for Universal to lose the Mario, Pokemon, Zelda license possible. No way in hell Nintendo approves that.

There's rumored concepts that I'd would never want to see at HHN, and then there are rumors so incredibly dumb that I want to jump on board just for the absurdity of it.

Give me spooky Mario, or give me death. ~synergy~

Status
Not open for further replies.