Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I've lurked on here awhile and decided to migrate from Nightmares to here.

Not saying this is super likely but with the IP well drying, there gonna have to think of something real soon. The answer is simple, Video game Ip's are hugely overlooked and are more likely than some may think.
Im not talking about the annual rumors of Five Night's at Freddy's, or people pleading for BioShock.
I just mean the idea as a whole and that particular games should be thought about. As for the people saying this could shift the Demographic of the event... Your right and wrong.
After Stranger Things/Ghostbusters the event has gotten the mentality that they are gonna have an IP shift from horror to kinda horror.
I feel like most Horror games will not have this issue due to some games being even more frightening than films. On the other hand we will get the younger demographic in but ehhh get use to it ig. It prob will be as much when ST was at the event but probably won't be much more. And Horror games at HHN is no new concept there have been glimmers of them throughout the years. So im gonna take a shot in the dark and say a Video game IP will be present this year or the next.
Which one? I can't say.
There are a lot of great games that deserve a spot at the event.

Never played Dead Space but that's one video game IP I would be completely okay with showing up.

My stance on FNAF is simple: the games have some very scary elements to them (the first couple, at least), but for multiple reasons the property cannot be taken seriously as horror, and the demographics it would draw would exacerbate the "not scary" complaints. But can you imagine how scary a fair use take on FNAF would be?

Never played Dead Space but that's one video game IP I would be completely okay with showing up.

My stance on FNAF is simple: the games have some very scary elements to them (the first couple, at least), but for multiple reasons the property cannot be taken seriously as horror, and the demographics it would draw would exacerbate the "not scary" complaints. But can you imagine how scary a fair use take on FNAF would be?
Gotta take a stand and say FNAF can be very scary. If your taking from the books that is. XD

I could see a Bendy and the Ink machine house being a bigger possibility than FNAF.
Bendy is still really relevant and unlike FNAF, BATIM is without a doubt more intense and has way more aspects of horror than FNAF.
It would be a very beautiful looking house as well if they follow the same art style as the game.

I sure look forward to another year of being lectured about what is and isn’t horror, how Horror Nights is too safe now and how all IP-based houses are terrible.

It’s even more tiresome than the people who claim USF was better with Jaws than Diagon Alley.

I sure look forward to another year of being lectured about what is and isn’t horror, how Horror Nights is too safe now and how all IP-based houses are terrible.

It’s even more tiresome than the people who claim USF was better with Jaws than Diagon Alley.

Let’s not take this thread back to the passive aggressive and argumentative times of last year, nobody is interested in reading that.

Like has been previously mentioned this is the ‘speculation thread’ for realistic possibilities there is also a wish list thread where those wild wishes belong.

Last edited:
FNAF would be a huge merchandising coup, at least. That conversation has to have come up.

Probably 3 years ago. I think the ship has sailed, personally. All those fans who were obsessed back then moved on to Fornite most likely :lol:.

Also, IMO, the IP skews to a much younger demographic that they probably don't want to market directly to.

Probably 3 years ago. I think the ship has sailed, personally. All those fans who were obsessed back then moved on to Fornite most likely :lol:.

LOL

So far from what I’ve seen speculated on here, most of the original’s seem to be from the past. I wouldn’t be surprised if The Legendary Truth makes a return as a house with a different story . I mean it was VERY well received back in HHN20.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL

So far from what I’ve seen speculated on here, most of the original’s seem to be from the past. I wouldn’t be surprised if The Legendary Truth makes a return as a house with a different story . I mean it was VERY well received back in HHN20.

I agree there is certainly a chance of something Legendary Truth related coming to the event this year, however when it comes to the Wyandot Estate being very well received...

A while back I made a thread about past houses you could give a second chance to, be it due to the original being a dud, or not as good as it could've been. An LT: TWE was brought up multiple times from other posters.

Legenary Truth started strong in the beginning of event but lost its wonder/Mojo. It was heavily reliant on resets which killed a majority of the runs. Plus this house did have a lot of dead space (no pun intended).

Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate - Gonna echo everyone else's thoughts on this. It was fine, but it didn't live up to my expectations. I really hope they go back to the LT team in future houses (and the Urban Legend series too).

While LT: TWE was certainly no dud, it did however have a TON of hype behind it (a recurring theme for 2010), and it didn't turn out as the smash hit people were hoping it would be. I also recall later in 2012 a good chunk of people felt Dead End was a better done ghost house.

While LT: TWE was certainly no dud, it did however have a TON of hype behind it (a recurring theme for 2010), and it didn't turn out as the smash hit people were hoping it would be. I also recall later in 2012 a good chunk of people felt Dead End was a better done ghost house.

Makes me think of CGY.

Makes me think of CGY.

Maybe that’s because fans tend to forget the limitations of what’s coming.

I think a majority of the hype of CGY was people hearing the name and thinking there was gonna' be a bunch of actual carnival rides in the house. Personally I really enjoyed it for what it was as well as it's more open scenic concept. That said, I think there was more hype going into LT: TWE. People were freaking out when that house was revealed.

Now speaking of possible returning houses/concepts. I think it's safe to speculate Scarecrow is returning, especially when the PR had a picture of it. Now I'm noticing a good chunk of people hoping for a open concept a la' Carnival Graveyard for it. In ways I can understand, since it would be fitting for a cornfield. However, would that open concept take away a claustrophobic setting/feeling which the original had? That type of setting is perfect for scares, so losing it might be a lil step back in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.