The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

So this probably means very little, but still interesting with Universal/WB working together. Will have to see if WB brings back their haunt this year. If not, would think IT will have a good chance.

Actually, this is pretty huge news. We don't know if it will impact WB IPs at HHN yet; but, any agreement of this type between these two companies absolutely makes it "easier" for other agreements and relationships to be forged since they are already in bed in this one aspect. Again, not saying this definitively effects HHN now or in the future, but it most certainly paves the way for the possibility that it does.

Actually, this is pretty huge news. We don't know if it will impact WB IPs at HHN yet; but, any agreement of this type between these two companies absolutely makes it "easier" for other agreements and relationships to be forged since they are already in bed in this one aspect. Again, not saying this definitively effects HHN now or in the future, but it most certainly paves the way for the possibility that it does.
I wouldn’t read too much into this. Home Ent is just distribution of DVDs, Blu Rays etc. It’s just two companies agreeing to share distribution chains to capitalise on markets both are in. Will be a completely different line of business than that of licensing IPs, and probably no interaction between the two lines of business at all. It’s highly unlikely to result in WB IPs being available to Uni.
Doesn’t mean a deal to use WBs IPs at HHN won’t happen, just it won’t happen because of this deal

I wouldn’t read too much into this. Home Ent is just distribution of DVDs, Blu Rays etc. It’s just two companies agreeing to share distribution chains to capitalise on markets both are in. Will be a completely different line of business than that of licensing IPs, and probably no interaction between the two lines of business at all. It’s highly unlikely to result in WB IPs being available to Uni.
Doesn’t mean a deal to use WBs IPs at HHN won’t happen, just it won’t happen because of this deal

I didn't say it would. My point was - if you have 2 companies who are working together in some aspect as opposed to being at odds in all aspects, it makes it much more likely that they would come together in other endeavors because they already have some sort of positive relationship established.

From Wikipedia “His satirical approach to art has resulted in him being frequently labelled as a joker or prankster of the art world.”

There’s a difference between a qualified rumor that Legacy is hinting at, and what others have put out as “I could see them doing this...” though, right?
Huge difference.

EDIT - Also, all of my clues this year require some research. The images themselves will not really give you anything directly associated with the rumor (at least, not intentionally).

The clues are hard, yes. This one, I think, is really easy (comparatively). That doesn’t mean it’s a gimme.

Last edited:
Maurizio worked with Pierpaolo Ferrari on that photo along with creating a magazine called Toilet Paper. No clue if that helps.
I also found a trailer they made called Macbeth so maybe Shakespeare related original?

Reactions: uso345
Maurizio worked with Pierpaolo Ferrari on that photo along with creating a magazine called Toilet Paper. No clue if that helps.
I also found a trailer they made called Macbeth so maybe Shakespeare related original?

If anything in any way shape or form related to William Shakespeare or his work comes to the event, my #1 wish would be made. Honestly, if A&D just took Legacy's house design and ran with it, I would be THRILLED. Such untapped potential there that not many people seem to look at/ take seriously.

If anything in any way shape or form related to William Shakespeare or his work comes to the event, my #1 wish would be made. Honestly, if A&D just took Legacy's house design and ran with it, I would be THRILLED. Such untapped potential there that not many people seem to look at/ take seriously.

I think that’s about the only house that could potentially bring my mom to the event.

Wouldn't it be easier to create a stickied thread with all of the clues so people don't have to dig through a bunch of pages to find them? You could keep discussion and speculation in here, just make the thread as a reference. Just link to that thread whenever someone requests the clues again.

CLUE!

New rumor is too juicy not provide a clue for.

View attachment 11482
Cereal Killer?
I give it a try. This pic reminds me of gluttony which is one of the deadly sins. Se7en had a scene with gluttony and the actor was Bob Mack who then was in Deader the Better which is a zombie movie. I doubt this would be at HHN. But Andrew Walker wrote Se7en and he also wrote the 1999 Sleepy Hallow. Could we be getting that as a house?

CLUE!

New rumor is too juicy not provide a clue for.

View attachment 11482

Okay here we go:

1 - This is an image among many others that are prevalent in something called Toilet Paper Magazine - "toilet paper" is the key here.

2 - In 2009, Horror writer Koji Suzuki teamed up with a Japanese paper manufacturer to have his latest novella published on toilet paper (here is the link to that story: Japanese publisher prints horror novel on toilet roll).

3 - While that particular story is called "Drop", Suzuki has written numerous horror novels - most notably, he has written all of The Ring novels.

4 - The Ring is a Dreamworks film; according to Wikipedia: As of October 2016, DreamWorks' films are marketed and distributed by Universal Pictures. Currently, DreamWorks operates out of offices at Universal Studios. So, in my opinion, that means a marriage could be made for the rights.

5 - If @Legacy used "Toilet Paper" as a clue to get to a wonderful IP like The Ring, that's pretty epic tbh!

Last edited:

Not me (obviously) but he asks if Conjuring is still relevant. Interesting discussion material.

It’s still very relevant in my opinion. Also, the conjuring 3 comes out the same week of opening night for HHN30, so the GP will be well aware of the conjuring film. If we actually get a Conjuring house, it’s probably going to have 2 or 3 scenes from conjuring 3. I don’t see WB giving the rights to Universal without promoting Conjuring 3.

While normally I agree with legacy this time I simply do not. The conjuring is easily one of the biggest horror franchises of the past few years with some even considering the nun a new horror icon. Every movie in the series made way past their budget (not saying much since horror movies are usually pretty cheap to make) and critically acclaimed doesn’t really mean much with horror nights (look at killer klowns and house of 1000). I feel like it would have been perfect to have a few years ago but it’s no way at all outdated already.

Reactions: darknesswillprevail
Status
Not open for further replies.