The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you remember the face of your father, yes.
Unless you’re one of the trees. Music has always been a pivotal part of my life. From performing to assisting in the creation of performances, and growing up with family who sang professionally. I’m one of the trees in the forest and know how vital it is for the pieces to meld together for something to be received well.

I’m a minority, but to answer honestly if music fits a theme for me, all the trees matter. For the masses, it won’t, but for me it does. There will be others like me.
You’re confusing the analogy. The “forest” is HHN. The “trees” are specific components of HHN. And if you are saying that you’re one of “trees,” then you’re gatekeeping. Music being important to individuals isn’t an anomalous, and people having a specific emotional connection to a tune or sound is common. But your questions were, literally, “does her sound fit?” “Do her lyrics fit?” “Can they be juxtaposed?” The answer is yes. Her visuals address any juxtaposition. And “Vamp ‘85” proved that sound and lyrics do not matter if the visuals fit. At HHN, visuals trump all.

Actually Legacy, looking though everyone's guesses at this clue while doing this spreadsheet, 2 users basically had it: @PenguinCowboy on page 75 and @Oakley on page 78. Didn't realize it until undertaking this project.
I saw it. Everyone else ignored it.

Happens all the time.

Clue 3, I can do in 3. So, “fewer steps.”
RIght. So (showing my work)
STEP 1: Clue is of Dinah Hayley
STEP 2: Dinah Hayley died in 1805
STEP 3: Part of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure was set in 1805

“Look beyond the immediate" is a subtle hint.
I thought so. Which coincides with the Bill & Ted guess. The "immediate" is the present. Looking beyond that can be either "the past" or "the future". Bill & Ted's takes place mostly in the past (where the 1805 comes into play), but also the future, so it fits both ends of the hint.

So, what say you? I followed the clues and showed my work. BILL & TED is my answer for this clue. If you say I'm cold, I'll try another road. But you gave up the Fairy Fountain/Dr. Who clue relatively quickly, and you were begging someone to figure out Billie Eilish just the other day. A Bill & Ted "rumor" answer wouldn't exactly be shocking or divulging a dark secret - and you've already established that these are all RUMORS that aren't necessarily set in stone, so we can't take it to the bank anyway. So, again, what say you? :) :) :)

I think the most egregious aspect of this situation is A&D said, “No, we don’t want to do Billie Eillish.” Now marketing is making them do the lagoon show themed to her.

IMO the people creating the event should be allowed to object to the idea without conceding anything. Orlando’s earned the right to be total separate from Hollywood; they made HHN what it is today! Not Comcast, or HHN Hollywood, or marketing. We all know how projects turn out when you force creative to do them.

I think the most egregious aspect of this situation is A&D said, “No, we don’t want to do Billie Eillish.” Now marketing is making them do the lagoon show themed to her.

IMO the people creating the event should be allowed to object to the idea without conceding anything. Orlando’s earned the right to be total separate from Hollywood; they made HHN what it is today! Not Comcast, or HHN Hollywood, or marketing. We all know how projects turn out when you force creative to do them.

At this point we’re basically reviving a years old debate.

EXwc4uM.gif

At this point some of you would be better off admitting you just don’t want this teenage girl anywhere near your preconceived notions of what you want HHN to forever look like.

People who dislike it wont get their minds changed, no point in continuing a debate where everyone is already very, very stuck in their ways since we are all just reiterating the same statements and same opinions. As well, people already have very strict expectations for HHN so when it drifts away, people get upset. I think it's best to just drop the Billy E thing all together since we don't even have an announcement yet. It's the same debate as Game of Thrones from last year lol

People who dislike it wont get their minds changed, no point in continuing a debate where everyone is already very, very stuck in their ways since we are all just reiterating the same statements and same opinions. As well, people already have very strict expectations for HHN so when it drifts away, people get upset. I think it's best to just drop the Billy E thing all together since we don't even have an announcement yet. It's the same debate as Game of Thrones from last year lol

I disagree. It isn’t the same debate because A&D would have loved to have created a GoT house. A&D doesn’t want to do this lagoon show. As a fan of HHN, I have no problem with Hollywood wanting to create a house for her. I do have a problem with Orlando being forced to incorporate her into their plans for an anniversary year.

Out of curiosity, what was the plan for the lagoon show this year before marketing got involved?

Sorry for bringing it up again. I can tell folks are tired of this discussion, so I’ll refrain from further responses.

Reactions: JoshO
Wanna get this board REALLY upset? Release that there will be exactly 4 IP houses this year: The Final Purge, The Walking Dead, Halloween 5, and a Stranger Things 1-3 reinvention house. Heads will literally explode LOL!

But then we get six originals: Icon mashup, Scarecrow in cornfield, Terra Cruentes, and three brand new originals. How would we feel? :toast:

Reactions: Kadath
You’re confusing the analogy. The “forest” is HHN. The “trees” are specific components of HHN. And if you are saying that you’re one of “trees,” then you’re gatekeeping. Music being important to individuals isn’t an anomalous, and people having a specific emotional connection to a tune or sound is common. But your questions were, literally, “does her sound fit?” “Do her lyrics fit?” “Can they be juxtaposed?” The answer is yes. Her visuals address any juxtaposition. And “Vamp ‘85” proved that sound and lyrics do not matter if the visuals fit. At HHN, visuals trump all.

You are right. I read that too quickly and incorrect. I was thinking music was the forest. Therefore, as a performer/singer, one of the trees. My grandmother began performing on the radio at two and she was a professional opera singer. My mother and her four siblings performed on stage with my grandmother when they were younger. I learned music and singing in a different way than most people. I was taught the importance of lyrics, phrasing, tone, key, and visuals. It’s why I said for me. I view music and performances differently. It all has to mesh for it to be a certain theme for me.

Wanna get this board REALLY upset? Release that there will be exactly 4 IP houses this year: The Final Purge, The Walking Dead, Halloween 5, and a Stranger Things 1-3 reinvention house. Heads will literally explode LOL!

Nah, go full zombie. Walking Dead, Zombieland, 28 days later and resident evil

You are right. I read that too quickly and incorrect. I was thinking music was the forest. Therefore, as a performer/singer, one of the trees. My grandmother began performing on the radio at two and she was a professional opera singer. My mother and her four siblings performed on stage with my grandmother when they were younger. I learned music and singing in a different way than most people. I was taught the importance of lyrics, phrasing, tone, key, and visuals. It’s why I said for me. I view music and performances differently. It all has to mesh for it to be a certain theme for me.
You’re still gatekeeping.

My grandfather was an opera singer. My mom taught music for 35 years. I started singing at 4 and performed professionally around Central Florida between 8 & 15. I’ve performed multiple times with the Voices of Liberty and the Dapper Dans, and sung with choirs throughout the US. So your experiences and understanding of music aren’t so unique that you can say “this doesn’t fit.” That’s your hang up.

A song fits a presentation at a creator’s discretion. The new Alanis Morissette musical shifts “You Oughta Know” from the POV of a girl talking to a guy, to a girl talking her ex-girlfriend who is with a guy now. “Pumped Up Kicks” is used in all sorts of media despite being about a school shooting. Damn near every ABBA song is shifted with a new meaning in Mama Mia, simply because of what’s around it (and who’s singing it). Context trumps lyrics, every time.

If the lyrics have to jive with, or neatly contrast from, a presentation—for you—then most music videos must drive you up the wall.

NOT HHN related and don't know if it's appropriate here, but mods can delete if they need to

RIP Kobe Bryant
Might be better in the "In Memoriam" thread over in Chit Chat.

A&D works with what they've got. The Lagoon show by design was never going to be as good as last year's. The novelty of it being the first time has worn off and we won't have nearly the same IP list as we did last year. Can you hum the Conjuring theme? If you can say yes to that, you're the outlier. Can you hum the Ghostbusters theme? I thought so. Ghostbusters, ST, and even kinda Klowns all have very recognizable tracks, and then the Monsters are the frikkin monsters. You're not gonna top that with the Candyman theme. Why not try something entirely different at that point?

Status
Not open for further replies.