Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it probably isn't much of a stretch to say my speculation (more like prediction) is that PsychoScareapy returns either as a zone or a house.

What more can they really do with the franchise?

To be fair, the GSATs aren’t a big internal secret. It’s something widely talked about so that’s how it leaks.

So what were the highest and lowest GSAT-rated houses this year?

Last edited:
I honestly can't wait for next year. I went pretty early on in the event, which I may change for next year because it seems like some houses didn't get their proper footing until a couple weeks later (Monsters), and some that were pure fun early on, got more and more dull as the event went on (GB), and some that were great early got even better later on (HOTC). Ugh, living in Miami makes it difficult to go more than once.

Either way, they may not make the 30th year a prominent part of the marketing, but it'll be there and wholeheartedly believe with them already setting the expectation of bring back reimagined classics, it'll be more of a call back to old events then following the norm of the last couple of years.

I hope the popularity of Monsters bodes well for their future in the parks. I'm sad we'll likely lose the monster shop when Bourne opens, assuming that is still the Bourne exit. I think the Monsters deserve the entire store. Maybe give Bourne a corner somewhere out of the way.

The Monsters Store is already closed.

One thing I hope they fix, which had been getting better the past few years but was horrible this year, is the hurrying of people through the house.

At least they don't have flashlights any more, but several houses (every night we went) had people yelling "please keep up with the person in front of you, no empty space" (particularly Nightengales) and being told to "keep moving" with them pointing/waving in the direction you are to go. It's a conga line, I think I can figure out where to go. And nobody is moving in front of us, stop screaming at me keep moving.

It was REALLY bad this year.

Also, there were some of the people right in scares. Or standing right next to or under puppets. They thought they were part of the scenes. They had been pretty good at having them at room transitions only, but this year they were everywhere and really in your face.

One thing I hope they fix, which had been getting better the past few years but was horrible this year, is the hurrying of people through the house.

At least they don't have flashlights any more, but several houses (every night we went) had people yelling "please keep up with the person in front of you, no empty space" (particularly Nightengales) and being told to "keep moving" with them pointing/waving in the direction you are to go. It's a conga line, I think I can figure out where to go. And nobody is moving in front of us, stop screaming at me keep moving.

It was REALLY bad this year.

Also, there were some of the people right in scares. Or standing right next to or under puppets. They thought they were part of the scenes. They had been pretty good at having them at room transitions only, but this year they were everywhere and really in your face.
They weren’t perfect, and there is still a need for some improvement; but I thought they were pretty decent this year. :shrug:

Don't wanna derail much, but how easy is it to find team members who are doing these surveys? At this point I've invested enough money and time in Universal I may as well give them professional feedback lol. It would've been great as a first timer at HHN to give some feedback right there and then.

Anyways, Monsters will get their due with the land at Epic Universe in a few years. Depending on how The Invisible Man performs this year it wouldn't surprise me to see them back. Im sure if they were indeed rated that highly amongst guests, with the new park coming up, some form of Monsters next year seems very likely. I don't follow HHN every year so sorry if the Monsters are always involved, but for the 30th, Id really hope we get something.

Until they finally build omnimover tracks for each house (a la Haunted Mansion), this will always be somewhat of an issue.

Don't wanna derail much, but how easy is it to find team members who are doing these surveys? At this point I've invested enough money and time in Universal I may as well give them professional feedback lol. It would've been great as a first timer at HHN to give some feedback right there and then.

We were beating them off with a stick throughout our whole vacation at Uni... they were outside almost every restaurant and at the park entrances and throughout city walk.

Anyways, Monsters will get their due with the land at Epic Universe in a few years. Depending on how The Invisible Man performs this year it wouldn't surprise me to see them back. Im sure if they were indeed rated that highly amongst guests, with the new park coming up, some form of Monsters next year seems very likely. I don't follow HHN every year so sorry if the Monsters are always involved, but for the 30th, Id really hope we get something.
Not sure about Universal as a park, but for HHN, they’re out just beyond the exit turnstiles. I’ve only seen them at the end of the night, but there’ll be about ten all spaced out to catch people. It’s harder for me to get away from them than to find them (I’ve already taken it and don’t want to again).

We were beating them off with a stick throughout our whole vacation at Uni... they were outside almost every restaurant and at the park entrances and throughout city walk.

Not sure about Universal as a park, but for HHN, they’re out just beyond the exit turnstiles. I’ve only seen them at the end of the night, but there’ll be about ten all spaced out to catch people. It’s harder for me to get away from them than to find them (I’ve already taken it and don’t want to again).
Hm, interesting! I was there for 4 days and didnt really notice many. I guess thinking about it I did see a few people with iPads around but it wasn't overwhelming or anything but I guess I wasnt looking too strongly for them. Ill be on the lookout this coming April when I'm there for 10 days and likely for a weekend next HHN too. I only did 5 houses and Academy of Villains for my first HHN this year so I gotta come back.

I think the only thing that’s really detracting me from Invisible Man is the subject matter of Whannell’s film. The titular Invisible Man is allegedly going to be the remnants/spirit of an abusive boyfriend. I’m confident that the movie will handle this subject well, but I’m less confident with translating it to a house.

I think the only thing that’s really detracting me from Invisible Man is the subject matter of Whannell’s film. The titular Invisible Man is allegedly going to be the remnants/spirit of an abusive boyfriend. I’m confident that the movie will handle this subject well, but I’m less confident with translating it to a house.
Okay ya this is a fair point. Probably just include him in the Monsters house somehow. Man I hope this film does well though, please please PLEASE do not be a repeat of the Tom Cruise Mummy.

Hm, interesting! I was there for 4 days and didnt really notice many. I guess thinking about it I did see a few people with iPads around but it wasn't overwhelming or anything but I guess I wasnt looking too strongly for them. Ill be on the lookout this coming April when I'm there for 10 days and likely for a weekend next HHN too. I only did 5 houses and Academy of Villains for my first HHN this year so I gotta come back.

Theyre not in the park, they are never in the park . It isnt done with clipboards either,

Hhn surveys are done at the exit of the park and you get to sit down in front of a computer screen and get a keyboard.

You can write as much as you want. They ask your age and sit you down, then you answer the questions on the computer screen. Takes like 5 to 10 minutes.

I really hope they amp up the fear factor next year. The lack of a Dead Exposure/Scarecrow house this year really spoke volumes.

And yes, it's time for more originals than IPs, even if I enjoyed all of the IP houses this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.