Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I got surveyed at the Kidzone courtyard where the flags are. There were a bunch of them at all the entrances.

What were the questions you got about?

I know there were surveys going on about the lagoon show. I had some.
Was the survey you got the same as the one at the end of the park?

I know I said I'm not gonna' delve into speculating IP's in my last post, but this is a exception for multiple reasons. One, it's one of the few major franchises in the drying well of IP's that can be up for grabs. Two, this is a IP that HHN has clearly attempted to do before. So we know there's interest in them doing it. Add in that HHN does rely on IP's for Anniversary years, Scream is a IP which would legitimately line up for being part of the 30th.

However, the biggest BUT and Question is how much does A&D/Marketing want to attempt getting this again, and is it even possible to throw out a safety line to rebuild a bridge that definitely got burnt?
Actually for anniversary years, they rely LESS on IPs. Years X, 15, 16 (if you want to count it), and XX had very little in the way of IPs. In the case of 15 and XX, none whatsoever. The only super-IP-reliant anniversary was (the admittedly amazing) 25th year.

But this is indeed a big franchise that like you said, might be worth Universal repairing some relationships for.

Last edited:
What were the questions you got about?

I know there were surveys going on about the lagoon show. I had some.
Was the survey you got the same as the one at the end of the park?
Maybe, they were general. Besides two that asked about my knowledge of Universal Monsters and something about the Lagoon show. TBH, I don’t recall the exact questions. It was almost a month ago.

I deafly would like to see a Zombieland maze

I think strangers things is going return

I think that the main icons are going to return for #hhn30

Guess i can speculate
Wouldn't Be Surprised
  • Zombieland (This can be A&D´s way of saying sorry. Besides, i think it lends itself better as a house then a zone)
  • Candyman
  • The Thing
  • Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man (UM Last year was a huge success, so i won´t be surprised if they did what Hollywood did and do FMWM)
  • Beetlejuice

Maybe
  • Creepshow (People like Hollywood's maze last year, maybe it can come here)
  • It
  • Original based off another SS movie, or SS 2
Yeah Creepshow was definitely good in Hollywood this year so if a orlando i Think it could be a lot better than Hollywood’s version and if it does come I would like to see it in a soundstage

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we'll be seeing any decrease in IPs any time soon, even if so many are off the table due to ownership challenges. Look at the park itself, off memory (ie, probably wrong) Rip Rocket is the only ride I can think of that isn't based off a TV or Movie IP, but it could be argued it's a music IP-based ride.

I think people that go to the park specifically expect movie based rides and attractions. I, like most super fans who go every year, really enjoy the originals but let's be honest, we're going no matter what. In order to keep attracting new guests, they need to give them something they want to see. "Scarecrows in a field" or "Mountain Yeti" sound awesome to us knowing full well what Universal is capable of and what they have done in the past, but to Joe Consumer that sounds boring and generic. Sounds like something their local hay ride down the road at home has. "The corn maze down the road has scary scare crows and only costs $35."

But something that has the hottest horror property of the time (Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Stranger Things, etc) or all time classics (The Shining, Exorcist, American Werewolf in London, etc) is worth packing your bags and making a visit to Orlando to attend.

I don't think we'll be seeing any decrease in IPs any time soon, even if so many are off the table due to ownership challenges. Look at the park itself, off memory (ie, probably wrong) Rip Rocket is the only ride I can think of that isn't based off a TV or Movie IP, but it could be argued it's a music IP-based ride.

I think people that go to the park specifically expect movie based rides and attractions. I, like most super fans who go every year, really enjoy the originals but let's be honest, we're going no matter what. In order to keep attracting new guests, they need to give them something they want to see. "Scarecrows in a field" or "Mountain Yeti" sound awesome to us knowing full well what Universal is capable of and what they have done in the past, but to Joe Consumer that sounds boring and generic. Sounds like something their local hay ride down the road at home has. "The corn maze down the road has scary scare crows and only costs $35."

But something that has the hottest horror property of the time (Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Stranger Things, etc) or all time classics (The Shining, Exorcist, American Werewolf in London, etc) is worth packing your bags and making a visit to Orlando to attend.

correct :thumbsup:

I'm gonna jump in here super late.

For 30, I'd like to see at least a 50/50 split of IP/original - but I know that's unlikely.

What I really want to see: an IP house based on a video game. Whether it be The Last of Us, Bioshock, Resident Evil 7, Outlast... any of them. I just really want to see a great video game based house.

I'd also love to see Scream, and Zombieland as a comedy house would be very interesting. But since they are talking about "remixing" some previous houses.. for some reason I have a feeling ST is coming back.

As far as zones:

1. Vamp 95..?
2. Icons
3. Rob Zombie's 31
4. Graveyard (in Central Park)
5. Titans of Terror

I'm gonna jump in here super late.

For 30, I'd like to see at least a 50/50 split of IP/original - but I know that's unlikely.

What I really want to see: an IP house based on a video game. Whether it be The Last of Us, Bioshock, Resident Evil 7, Outlast... any of them. I just really want to see a great video game based house.

I'd also love to see Scream, and Zombieland as a comedy house would be very interesting. But since they are talking about "remixing" some previous houses.. for some reason I have a feeling ST is coming back.

As far as zones:

1. Vamp 95..?
2. Icons
3. Rob Zombie's 31
4. Graveyard (in Central Park)
5. Titans of Terror

Rob Zombie's 31 is not a bad idea, wow. could be perfect!

Titans of Terror, yes please

Well, I hope ya'll are right that they aren't typically IP heavy. Missed 25 by one year!

Rob Zombie's 31 is not a bad idea, wow. could be perfect!

Titans of Terror, yes please

I wasn't a HUGE fan of 31, at least not as much as HO1C and Rejects. But there's a lot of interesting and creepy characters in there that could translate really well to a scare zone! Throw in a great soundtrack and we could have a winner..

But Titans of Terror, yes, inject it into my veins

EDIT: So here's a question.. with the success of HO1C, could we see a potential Devil's Rejects house coming?

Last edited:
Some peoples spec lists seem to be relying heavily on sequel houses especially from this years event. House or zone I'd only see one property at max repeated the next year otherwise to the GP the event will look exactly the same as 29. I don't see you getting more than one (maayyybe 2) of;

Stranger things
Zombieland
Rob Zombie
Ghostbusters
Jordan Peele
Monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.